1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

He’d have to get rid of Rogic though wouldn’t he?!? For the good of the player and the Australian squad.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly.. if we scored that against any team in Scotland we'd be over the * moon..

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Cheers this gave me a much needed laugh.

littlekennie and green-yin like this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Seems a lot of people are comparing him with Bielsa. I’d love a Bielsa type style of play, so exciting and would suit us.

However, really know nothing about this guy so not really got anything good to say tbh. Maybe we’d be able to get a few players from Japan that are actually really good.

Have no idea how I’d feel if he was appointed tbh, happy it’s not Keane, Kennedy, Davidson, etc. But let down because it’s not someone we’ve heard of or know or had this big reputation like Rodgers/Howe/Benitez. It just seems so risky that he’s never managed in Europe either.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yup. Just because the other team couldn’t get near the ball doesn’t mean they weren’t pressing them very high up the pitch. Every time one of the players received a pass he was immediately closed down. They never panicked though and kept the ball excellently.

6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tune.

7. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

The J league isn't as physical as many leagues in European football but let's not pretend the standard of football is horrendous. From a technical perspective it's better than the SPFL.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mind you, could you imagine if the guy was appointed 3 months ago and had to try and get our defence to do that? :giggle1:

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I worry that a lot of fans will watch videos on him and get their hopes up etc and try to convince themselves this is a great appointment. Already seeing a lot of early evidence of that in this thread, when 15 hours ago no * would have recognised this guy if they walked past him on the street.

I find it an absolute slap in the face. And tbh if he is the back up it shows nothing has changed...we go from a biggish name to an absolute unknown plying his trade outside of Europe, having finished 36 points behind the Japanese league winners, never having had above a 50% win rate in any of his roles in much poorer leagues.

I'm sorry but cmon. No matter how you paint this , if it happens, is embarrassing.

Where is the consistency in our approach to hiring a manager? Again, two polar opposite type of targets. We really are a joke.

I feel sorry for this guy and if he comes in will of course back him, but it doesn't mean that we should just sit down and shut up as per usual. At a time where we needed a big appointment (Rodgers esque) to boost morale and seriously put the * up the Huns we get landed with the Yokohama F * Marinos manager?

The Aussie Bielsa already kicking about. This reeks of our Pedro Caixinha, who, actually won a better league in Mexico.

Cmon. That's just about it, for me.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    The slow passes that no-one shut down, you can’t seriously think that was decent

11. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    If anything this season has showed me not too get too emotionally invested.

the wanks running celtic just want dividends year on year, * all else.

this pish has got me to the stage im just thinking, * it. lets see what happens. Moneys better in my pocket.

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Watched it again to see if I was missing something.

It’s practically one and two touch football with the player receiving the ball immediately closed down. The RB gets taken out as he releases the ball as well.

It’s not SPFL farmers league tackling but the players don’t have a lot of time on the ball.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think my ticker could take that high risk playing about our own penalty box like that but I’m just not seeing the easy slow walk out of defence with no resistance.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    You're not seeing it because its not there. Its a good goal but its high risk football that would soon be copped on to in Scotland.. Also its one time it worked, I'm sure there are plenty of times it didn't work for this team..

I know absolutely nothing about this guy and won't be judging him on that one goal but its a good goal.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    It’s obviously subjective, you see balls getting pinged about, i see under hit passes that no-one looks that arsed about shutting down

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I don't trust our board to do anything right so any manager appointment now will be treated with suspicion. Anyway * this, another day ruined by Celtic, night yall...

16. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye. There's * all decent spin to be put on this. Can only hope the whole story is a Wim Jansen type episode, where the club feeds a journalist a random false foreign name (in that case the then Portugal manager, Artur Jorge) to a thick af journalist (Keevins, in that instance) whilst actually working on someone else totally left-field (Jansen). If so, we could be bringing in someone just as random and foreign, but with a track record that actually isn't rank.

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly mate, Huns took a chance on a rookie manager and this season have reaped the benefits, totally agree it’s been handled terrible but if a guy came in and say won a treble any fan that turns round and says “ oh that’s not a good thing Celtic are going to now just take a chance on anyone now as a manager, that’s just someone looking for absolutely anything to moan about, I for 1 would be too busy celebrating to be thinking that way, as you say how can I guy win with that attitude from fans

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

See for me, no one shutting down and walking it out of defence is what we do all the time in Scotland while the opposition have their one striker on the halfway line and they don’t approach us until we are nearly in their half.

That team had loads of players almost in their box trying to win it back. We can debate about how hard they were going in to actually win the ball but there is no doubt they had a lot of players pressing very high up the pitch.

AdamRS likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

Not claiming to be a source or anything like that. What I've heard 2nd hand from board members and a few people that go to a certain school if u know what I mean is that the deal was pretty much dead in the water a couple of weeks ago bcos Howe was pushing for 15 staff members to come on board and we just weren't able to facilitate that.

20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

No offence but I seem to recall you lads, or at least compatriots of yours, insisting daniel arzani was going to be * hot for us.