1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mon, think twice it just another day in Paradise..

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'll be concerned until it's announced, just hoping Howe isn't stalling and waiting for another offer.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think the assumption is that he's already agreed in principle to take the job and also assuming he is a man of his word.

Going by his interviews before, if he has agreed to sign up, be it at the end of the season (for a number of valid reasons from his point), then I do reckon he is the sort of guy who will be doing some work even at this stage.

Be it off his own back, considering the way the industry works, it's not like he's showing up to Tesco to do a morning shift for the * and giggles. Or even if the board's agreed to give him a bonus in the first month to "compensate" any work done.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Notorious, post: Celtic's long wait to appoint a new manager is set to end this week as Eddie Howe finally prepares to put pen to paper on a Parkhead deal.

Record Sport understands club bosses hope to begin the big rebuild in the coming days with top target Howe the headline appointment – almost two months after the Englishman’s first meeting with billionaire shareholder Dermot Desmond and incoming chief executive Dominic McKay in London

McKay may also unveil a new director of football as part of a major restructuring in the wake of a catastrophic campaign which saw former boss Neil Lennon shown the door in February after a miserable run of results wrecked his hopes of securing a 10th successive title.

While well placed sources have told Record Sport an official announcement will not be expected on Monday, it’s believed McKay hopes to have Celtic ’s ducks in a row before the end of this week.

We revealed earlier this month that Howe’s position would not be officially rubber-stamped until after the fate of his former club Bournemouth was sealed in the Premier League promotion play-offs.

It’s understood he wants to bring coaches Stephen Purches and Simon Weatherstone north from the Vitality Stadium as part of his Celtic backroom team and both men are now free to focus on their own futures following a semi final defeat over two legs against Brentford.

McKay has also been closing in on a director of football but it’s believed the appointment of a manager has been the club’s priority

Wee bump for the next page

5. SteveyNico67

What do the daily ranger know

I’d prefer to believe tweets and posts and ideas that he’s soon to sign seem way off the mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I would be interested to know what this whole "working away in the background" theory is based on. The only concrete thing we've have heard on this whole sorry saga was an interview with eddie howes agent in which he said howe wouldn't be making a decision on his future until summer.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Was rumoured that it was decision to let Klimala go

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hope.

Which I can sympathise with because I’m in the same boat, hoping he’s working in the background. The truth is everything is based on rumours, there’s not a single bit of solid evidence from either him or the club that he’s going to be Celtic manager never mind actually grafting away at it right now.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hope as Paul says, but the rumours are that Howe (or an incoming manager) has given the nod to klimala leaving, also assumptions that the ntcham story would be on his nod as well.

Add to that his past interviews describing how he takes to a job, would suggest even if he has just agreed to start in June, he is the sort of character who will be doing his own thing behind the scenes.
    Be that requesting tapes of every training session and game to get a decent first impression of the squad.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

rudebhoy67 and seanm like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    And Broony.. personally I'd be very sceptical on that.

11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    So take a look at Eddie Howe, there's just an empty space.

But if him coming to manage us is against all odds, then that's a chance we've gotta take.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You really believe nothing is happening behind the scene's?

There hasn't been a single other candidate leaked or mentioned anywhere for age's now..

We've had close contact's being drip fed from the club to the likes of Stephen McGowan from both parties were relaxed about 2 month ago to him saying it's basically done. Loads of other media outlets stating it's either been a contractual issue to iron out or waiting for his backroom staff to finish their season..

He was reportedly up and looking at our behind the scene's month's ago for about 6 week's..

He's been our number 1 target all along..

Ex player's have been talking about it, it ramped up once it was known he'd be bringing staff with him. Then it's no just 1 or 2 keeping it under wraps and a lot harder to do. Especially when you've got the likes of Burchill there, Hughes a Tim from Glasgow there. Peter Grant potentially in the mix and a close pal of his..

All road's lead to Howe. There's way too much smoke from both side's of the border that tell us that..

I know we're no best run outfit just now but I'd be amazed if he isn't announced by the start of next week at the very latest..

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

After this season I believe anything is possible with Celtic. In fact scratch that, when are we ever prepared for Champions League qualifiers year on year?

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    So... you prefer to believe people of twitter who genuinely don't have a clue over the 2 main sources Celtic continually leak information too in Stephen McGowan and The Daily Record?

Jmac402 likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    That Duncan Castles podcast also had us going for Jose after Spurs sacked him

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    That Duncan Castle knows absolutely * all. Stephen McGowan has been the main source from Celtic and he's usually spot on. I hadn't heard of Duncan Castle until we started getting linked with Howe. He also said we wanted to talk to the Roma manager.

17. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Id suspect his contract with Bournemouth like most football contracts is up to the end of May. he s probably getting paid more on "gardening leave" while at Bournemouth and his new contract will be starting 01/06. Most people would do the same if they are to be taking a pay cut which I assume he will be by joining Celtic. Far less any contractural points under his current contract.
    The fact that over the last month, there have been NO rumours of anyone else being talked about, etc, reassures me that its going to be Howe. I just hope that there has been work going on behind the scenes regarding new players coming in, and confirmation from Howe of the ones hes happy to be released. Time will tell, but Im not holding my breath to hear any official announcement until next Tuesday.
    And of course, no out of work manager will be getting the role, ie Kean, unless we really have screwed up.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that's true :giggle1:

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Underrated comment
    :giggle1:

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I've only just seen it :giggle1:

Free the Adblock likes this.