1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

EPL 2020-21

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jun 2, 2019.

Discuss EPL 2020-21 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He was average for us and Leicester in Europe, top class managers don’t see their teams getting beat to red imps.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The Red Imps game doesn't reflect on his managerial ability one single bit fs.

leeso-ardoyne and The Phoenix like this.
  3. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s hard to say mate, ole is in the europa final and currently in 2nd. Again he isn’t world class either.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I haven't called him world class.

I've stated that he's a far, far better manager than Gordon Strachan. I'd have thought anyone who has watched a minute of football would understand that.

And your Slavia Prague "argument" is laughable.

5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It is now.

We won the league and the cup.

The important factor after that was recruiting someone to replace him. And the consequences of getting that wrong are still haunting us today.

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You responded to me disputing with someone else
    It’s laughable as it’s a direct comparison that you cannot dispute, where as strachan is not a direct comparison that you’ve not disputed apart from saying he’s better.

Anything else?

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I genuinely don't even know where to start. Understanding what the * you're on about would help. Rodgers is a far better manager than Strachan, Arteta or Gerrard (the three managers I've seen you compare him to). And no amount of bullshit you try to spin will change that fact.

Also using the Red Imps game really is scraping the barrel.

8. leeso-ardoyne

I wouldnt agree often with the forums aul el-fact checker but cant argue with this. Stay another few months, leaves as a legend for life and go down in the history books as one of the best! I cant look at him either in the same way again but one thing he is is a great manager. Ive said it a few times on here and will say it again, he will be the Real or Barca manger one day. Hes going to do well with the club hes at now. Hes still young and will go to the top! He just has it and thats it!

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

10. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    In terms of style of play etc yes hands down, but Strachan reaching the last 16 of the Champions League 2 seasons running regardless of the playing style shows that he was no push over.

AdamRS likes this.
  11. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ok doofy i’ll dumb it down just for you. Are you ready?

Slippy - didn’t do any worse against slavia than rodgers and slippy is a rookie who people say isn’t a good manager.

I’m assuming you’re still here?

Arteta did a better job against Slavia than Rodgers in the same season, still here? Not relevant enough for you? Again, Arteta is a rookie.

Strachan, albeit in a slightly different era, did better with Celtic in Europe than Rodgers ever did and Strachan used SPL dross.

if you can’t see what I'm saying then you must be blind.

But because Rodgers knew how to beat SPL dross, he is world class.

Even Leicester fans are questioning his ability and NO PL fans use his record in Scotland as vindication of his managerial ability.

The fact i need to explain the above worries me.

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Thanks for having common sense

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Acting like an * as if the person you're replying to is an idiot doesn't make you look clever.

Using their results against Slavia as a yardstick is just daft. Aye Gerrard has done a good job at the huns but you can't even begin to compare what he's achieved vs Rodgers.

Arteta likewise and the only comparison that should be made against those two managers is how they've performed. Aye Arsenal got further in Europe and beat Leicester a couple of times this season but Leicester beat them in the league and will finish way ahead of them in the table, as well as winning the FA Cup. Rodgers has vastly outperformed Arteta. The Slavia spiel your giving is meaningless, Leicester had a bad night against a decent team.

Infact if you think how teams have done head to head is important then Leicester also scudded Man City at the Etihad, also beating Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd (more than once for some of those) this season. Also comfortably beat Bielsa's Leeds twice this season, since we're talking about highly regarded managers. Rodgers at this moment on time has also outperformed Klopp, especially when you factor budgets into it.

The Strachan comparison is the fairest. Strachan did a good job here and there is no denying his record in Europe was better. He did well with what he had and it was some great memories albeit in a slightly different era, but let's not forget he also started with a Red Imps like defeat against Bratislava. Rodgers domestic success was insanely good and for you to play down the quadruple treble as just defeating "SPL drivel" is fuxkkng * from a Celtic fan. What a way to underplay our amazing success to get your point across.

Rodgers is a class manager. Up there with the best? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. But I think we'll get the chance to find out because surely he will get a big club after Leicester. Infact we might even see how he does in the Champions League if they make it. He's definitely developed since his Liverpool days, that much is certain.

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That was my point, only way to make a point is a comparison to other managers that aren’t highly regarded, such as arteta and Gerrard who both did better in Europe.

As i said he is good but nowhere near world class.

And he acted like an * to me first imo so i’ll give it back.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yer maw..

16. Gurru 991

Have you ever watched a game that he has played ?
    One of the best passers in the Premier League !!

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What a header from Allison, lol.

Jmac402 likes this.
  18. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just an incredible end to that match, and boy did Liverpool need that! Talk about drama! :giggle1: Surely that’ll go down as one one of the most memorable EPL goals.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

* Chelsea

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Still don't understand why that goal was disallowed other than they didn't want Liverpool to loose?