1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I still don't understand how any of this makes him a hun? It's * disrespectful in the extreme folk coming out wae that pish.

As for him wanting to go, if that's the case am all for it. I wish we punted every one of the players who wanted away at the start of the season...Eddy, Christie, Ajer whoever. No problem now with punting McGregor.

I just canny read folk calling him a hun and no say anything. Disgrace tbh.

King of Kings likes this.
  2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’ve never called him a hun and never would to be honest. That said, his performances against that lot have been half hearted at absolute best in the last year and the thought of him being our captain gives me the fear. He’s been great for us for a successful period so I wish him the best if he does go, but I can also see why fans would be raging with him and in that rage jump to the easily assumed insult even though I think it’s unfair personally.

Selling them all at the start of the season would have caused a riot, but in hindsight it would have been great business.

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's the thing though, the rage people feel at how every single part of this season has went is justified, but as ever it's getting taken too far. I've been as raging as every one of you but am embarrassed at some of the * I read online from Celtic fans.

Callum McGregor the hun. Absolutely shocking no matter how people want to justify it.

4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * some Celtic fans

You’ll find an embarrassing element to every large crowd. Nowhere near everyone is referring to him as a hun. In fact; not long ago I’m sure there was a genuine debate on here as to whether he was a Celtic legend (which I don’t think he is on performances alone). Football fans are a fickle bunch. I’d never call him a hun; I just think that’s lazy tbh.

On one hand I’d happily let him go, but on the other I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is SPFL player of the year and shines under Howe next year.

5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Couldn’t give a * if his da was a season ticket holder at ibrox, he’s a brilliant player and i hope he stays so he can get back to his best under an actual manager.

6. cammy07

He's a great player who's been woefully mismanaged.

Our management team this season have somehow managed to make the most consistent player in the country look completely *, didn't even think they could manage that.

Couldn't give a * if him, his dad or his uncle are huns he's been at the club since he was a boy and he's done a great job, one terrible season where we've been a total mess on and off the park won't change that for me.

charlietully likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I say thing's in the heat of the moment. So do other's..

It's hardly gonna keep him up at night's that some * McGuire off talk Celtic called him an Orange * at half time on Sunday for getting his self sent off inside 20 minute's..

Artorias likes this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

I’d only keep him if he 100% wants to be here. If there’s any doubt about that then I’d sell.

The rebuild is already massive and I don’t think keeping him or losing him makes that much of a difference.

Don’t get me wrong he’s a great player but it’s time to clear the decks and bring players in who want to be here and play for the club/support.

We have been guilty of hanging onto players too long and watching them go through the motions. This season has been the result of that.

9. celtic warrior

He has been molded into a player he is not.

He is being touted and forced into a Brown role when it has always been evident this man is far more effective and dangerous further upfield.

You could in theory have Soro And Turnbull in middle, McGregor further up and two natural wingers in guys like Forrest, Johnston, basically any ACTUAL * WINGERS and already we immediately seem better balanced than we have this entire season.

I'd absolutely * keep him on and get him playing a far more attacking game.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CM: We will try to finish strong tomorrow, get a good result and performance. Some of the boys then have international duty which we’re looking forward to. Hopefully, we’ll come back into pre-season looking fresh."

CM:
    on
    @ScottBrown8
    : "When you let it sink in, in terms of his last week at Lennoxtown, he’s a massive presence and we’ll hugely miss him around the building. He’s such a great person and friend. It’ll certainly be a quieter place without him."

CM: on
    @ScottBrown8
    : "It’s obviously very difficult. We’ve spoken about how influential Scott is as a captain and person, when he steps on to the pitch he’s a real leader as well."

CM: on Hibs: "They’ve got the cup final the following week so I expect them to be hugely motivated. They’re always a difficult team to play against. We expect a tough game and we have to be at our best."

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Never captain material. He might be a role model in the way he trains and conducts himself, but never a captain on the pitch for me.

I think he can be a very good player but dont think he has done it near enough to be considered great.

Rydo1888* and Slaw like this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    There was a contingent who wanted him to play the deep lying playmaker in Browns place, when the better option was to buy a better defensive mid who is better on the ball.

for me it was obvious his qualities were going forward and playing him deeper would suppress them.

14. Pearse67*

Hes overrated to *, steamrollering the likes of halliday and * candeias, huns get to an ok level and he shites it.

Soft as *, goes hiding, take the money and run!

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Got to the stage if we get offered upwards of 20 mil I'd take it. That's not to say I don't rate him, I just think he needs a new challenge and we need a massive change in style/direction.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Always been average in Europe and against Sevco since they strengthened, if we are to win back the league and make a decent fist of it in Europe again, we need better than him in the middle.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've tried and wanted to stay clear of being too critical of McGregor this season.

He's been played through about 5 seasons non-stop and that has to take its toll.
    Also playing alongside Brown (no dig at Brown here) is not easy when he sits so deep in games these days, he needs to come back and basically play the role of 2 central midfielders in one.
    It is absolutely no surprise that his best games this season was actually alongside Soro when Brown was dropped.
    Add to both those issues, the coaching has been chronic to say the least. McGregor doesn't need to be developed, but he still needs to be coached and helped - we clearly have done nothing of the sort across the board.

One bad season, with a lot against him, I aint going to shout for him to be sold or anything.
    I hope he gets the rest he is going to need (though with Euros, unlikely. Thanks Kennedy for taking that in to consideration during this dead rubber games), then he will hopefully come back rejuvenated under the new manager and ready to play his part as the engine of our midfield.

Big els likes this.
  18. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He is the one player who I reckon will be essential in the coming months. The change in manager and players will need someone exactly like him to make the process more smooth.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Cant believe anyone would throw the hun accusation at him :giggle1: guys had a * season but that’s shocking patter.

We have a number of good players in our team who will leave this summer and I would bet most will go on to do well wherever they go, and for me McGregor is one of them. He hasn’t become a bad player suddenly - he’s just been woefully mismanaged.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

For me, he’s been a cracking player for us every season apart from this one.

There’s a * load of wasters I’d have out the door before him.

Let’s see if Mr. Howe can get him back to top form.