1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Was just thinking that... we wanted him gone for the likes of Duffy and Laxalt ....

How desperate are we to need/want him back?

It’s like the reminiscing going on about previous wins over the Huns..

9 years celebrating ‘the now’ and record after record while the filth only had their memories... now it’s a complete reversal and yet another symptom of how much of a basket case we’ve quickly become.

Dip 'n' Swerve and Dan Breen like this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Time to take the money and get shot of him. Never Celtic class. Would much rather run with the guy thats at Ross County, at least he may improve.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We’re going to be struggling for centre backs come pre-season. If Hendry is here then he should be given a shot during those games.

If he’s pish then no harm done. Punt him.

4. Dip 'n' Swerve

can we sign joe ledley and bring back Wanyama, I think tony watt wants to come back also - instead of frees we should ask them to pay us 50k each - sounds exciting times ahead!!

I would love to see these zoom calls - who is guiding this celtic club ffs - the iceburg was well and truly hit yet we had a good 24 months to avoid it.

I like what lubo says: https://videocelts.com/2021/05/blog...slavia-prague-player-that-celtic-should-sign/

'
    Maybe they should go to countries where football is not very rich and find the players there, but it’s a difficult job, to be honest. You saw Slavia Prague this season in the Europa League, their players aren’t too expensive, but they are very good.

For example, a player like Lukas Provod. He played for a small club last season, moved to Slavia and made big, big progress. He’s a very talented player, still young, good physically, has a good left foot. It would be very interesting to see a player like that. That is maybe the way to go.

The Czech Republic, Slovakia, places like Austria or Hungary, there are a lot of players over there to watch. Ferencvaros this season played Champions League and there are a lot of good players in the former Yugoslavia, especially at Dinamo Zagreb who also played very well in the Europa League. That is maybe where you can look for these quality players'

We need to invest in top scouts with a DoF to bring it all together who has a good r/ship with the coaches / managers
    and the board need to step back and trust and back the players we need to be INSTANT team ready not pet projects.

This season is vital and we need to go from the get go - the title next years get automatic into the CL and hopefully a lucky group draw for once.

Start the clear out and get any manager in at this stage they will be better then lennedy and co.

5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You joke there, but I'd have Wanyama back, imagine him and Soro in there together

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Give the man a starting spot alongside Julien next season, for his patter alone.

James Mc and Slaw like this.
  7. JamesM09

Brilliant.

The_Bhoy and Double Dutch like this.
  8. Born green

"At least he may improve"? Unlike Hendry.... who has just won a player of the year award in Belgium and is being linked with big clubs. You're right, let's sign an unproven SPFL player from the bottom 6 and assume he'll do better. Hendry has just given hard evidence that he has improved. I don't know how much more a loan player could do to be given a second chance.

Fyi, I'm not against signing SPFL players, but when you have a player that is high on confidence and form already on the payroll, use him! Give him the first half of the season, then decide. We are looking like we'll need around 10 new players next year. Let's not needlessly make it 11. Hendry is surely a good squad player at the very least. Maybe even a first team player if the reports are to be believed.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think he's referring to Hjelde who is on loan from us, at Ross County.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Can we loan all our duds to Oostende to see what we get back

11. celtic warrior

Nah * him, he's done here.

Got prissy, publicly about he's supposed lack of opportunity at the club. He had plenty and was *, Welsh and Jullien (even playing half a season are better options.

He simply can't deal with the pressure of playing for the badge. Couldn't give a * if he's getting personal accolades in Belgium.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Even looks a complete pansy in that argument as well..

The Dude and Doogs. like this.
  13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    No idea what I'd do with him tbh.

On the one hand, we'll have 2 CB'S come summer, and one isn't fully ready for the first team yet and the other is injured until September at the earliest. He's also had an excellent season in Belguim by all accounts.

On the other hand he's easily the third worst player I've ever watched at Celtic, just behind Duffy and Kenny, and that comedy act at Partick Thistle is hard to forget.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

His patter is like west-end uni pish.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd take a look at everyone else but I draw the line at him..

He's weak and so pish it's frightening. The fact he actually thinks he's a baller makes it worse..

Plus doing our supporter's for briefs at the shitpit should never be forgotten..

bagforlife likes this.
  16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye I forgot about the latter, scummy behaviour.

Could get a decent fee for him, if he doesn't sign for Oostende I'd be looking for 3-4 million for him.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ideal getting this rat out the door for a decent fee..

Whoever buys him for any fee, nevermind millions....will be getting fleeced bad..

18. dmac

Seen the tackle on Hendry that was a sore one

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. Gurru 991

If I understand this correctly, Oostende have a deal in place with Celtic to buy him at the end of the loan period at an already agreed price. It is assumed that they will exercise that option & then can either keep him or sell him on for a profit. It depends on what Hendry wants to do. He doesn't have to sign with Oostende if he would prefer to return to Celtic.

20. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Also on the 3rd option, Hendry could feel he'd be in a better bargaining position for a sale to one of the allegedly interested teams by refusing oostende and being sold from celtic, which is probably the best option for us