1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Even Murty with them a few years back managed to get a reaction and a result against us at celtic Park.

Good point that, we've seen nothing.

2. murphy88

See when Kennedy took over, I actually thought we would go on a good run to the end of the season. The worry would have been that he then got the job if that had happened. Kennedy has shown nothing to suggest that he wasn't a massive factor in our downward spiral this season when Lennon was manager.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Trust me, Lennon can't be painted and worse than he already is.

In fact if it was to become true that he did out all faith in Kennedy and let him do it all, it would potentially take some negativity off him.

Instead of being a lazy, * manager, he would just be a lazy manager.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can see him now playing Soro, Karamoko, Barkas, Ralston etc for these last couple of games and that will just be one final get it up ye to the support this season. He has had 3 wins in 8 had he came in and played youth and freshened things up and had that record you could cut him some slack as it is apparent it is what is needed but to come in and consistently do the same things that Lennon failed with all season should be enough to make sure he isn't here next season.

James Mc, martin_d and blackfish like this.
  5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Kennedy has been part of the coaching structure under WGS, Ronny, BR & 2 spells under Lenny. I don't think he was part of Mowbray's but obviously stand to be corrected. What has he actually learned in all of that, that has benefitted the team? He may be a real nice guy, someone the players feel too comfortable with or can share a beer with or whatever, but that doesnt mean he is going to necessarily nbe successful in management anywhere, let alone at Celtic.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    James Mc and bagforlife like this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Maybe I’m wrong but wasn’t the story spun that he was offered a place down in Leicester by Rodgers? Absolute lies. I’d say Rodgers was happy not to have to be lumbered again with this embodiment of ‘jobs for the boys’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not a chance will he play those guys

He's much like many Celtic fans over the years, where we will find an excuse to play their favoured people "last two games to play out the season strong" and "brown needs a send off" will be the main two reasons.

Forgetting, as usual, that it's these players that got us in this mess

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Actually had a chuckle to myself today thinking about what this total * imbecile said in his his presser about actually playing in a manner that allowed Sevco the wings.

It's like asking a manager who's about to play Barcelona, asking how he's planning to stop them, and the gobshite saying "erm, eh....give the ball to Messi"

:56::56::56::56:

9. JamesM09

His presser isn't that baffling to be honest.

His logic was to force them down the wings because he knew Kent would rip Brown apart at every opportunity through the centre.

The entire game plan was to let them play down the wings to try and spare Brown's blushes because for some reason Brown simply has to play.

There was no serious attempt to win the game. Why are people surprised? We've been actively choosing the wrong players for games this season due to cronyism.

10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s a dud

11. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You mean a fud mate???

kinglenny, NomDePlum and blackfish like this.
  12. SteveyNico67

Why did brown even play

What was the point

A dead blind dug can see he’s past it

He’s even agreed to join Aberdeen, the 3rd or 4th or maybe 5th other best team in Scotland to play for them next year

Does he need ‘ahm done’ tattooed on his * heid??

Playing him at all this year when it was clear it was game over I thought was all on Lennon. Then JFK came along. A worse manager than NFL

Maybe they’ll ask Wee Shuggie to have a crack holding his todger in the shower after a midweek win against the mighty St Johnstone

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will be so happy to see the back of him, be as well making Brown manager than him when Lenny got his jotters. He should have been sent packing along with Lenny.
    He is just clueless, just playing same same as Lenny, knowing it does not work. Surely he would have watched Lenny bungling along and went " I would try this or that". No chance.
    Should be sacked right now, let someone, anyone try a few kids over the remaining 2 games.
    What a shambles.

14. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, I’ve never bought that either.

15. SuperZidane

Neither have I. I was happy to give Kennedy a chance but he's not up to it - IMO he needs to go to a smaller club and get experience.

I've seen people say that Kennedy must have something otherwise Rodgers wouldn't have wanted to take him to Leicester.

I have never seen any solid evidence of that and unless I do, like yourself, I don't buy it.

16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Only reason he said that in the presser is he knew thats what they're gonna do and he couldn't stop them, he just wanted to make it look like he made them play that way.

I’ve no doubt he’s better than Lennon but lets face it thats not exactly difficult.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Is he better than Lennon? He's won 3 out of 8, we got properly scudded by the huns, struggling to score except the 6 nil game. We drew against real dig * teams like Aberdeen and Dundee United. Lenny at some point did drop Brown and I think would have with Eddy too. When Kennedy leaves Celtic I think his career is struggling with teams like Partick. Why would anybody in the SPL take him on, Goodwin, Davidson, McInness, Robinson and even Kettlewell are all better than him.

James Mc likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He shat it for the Hibs job and wanted the easy money from Celtic

I'd be surprised if either Kennedy or Lennon made a name in management again.

Can see both trying their hand at s job from a league 1 team (either side of the boarder) and failing, then drifting in to punditry (Lennon) or complete obscurity (Kennedy).

theweeman likes this.
  19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Despite what people, including Hibs fans, think of Jack Ross, I genuinely believe that if this fool took the job after Heckingbottom given the position they were in, they’d have gotten relegated.

Peej likes this.
  20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Tbh it’s like a bad reoccurring nightmare your desperate to wake up from. As soon as this seasons done the better, Kennedy is a big a part to what’s happened this season. I’ve went past the stage of caring now about the shambles of this season. As soon the clear out starts I hope he’s first on the list out. He may be a “Celtic man” but wouldn’t surprise me if he was the mole Lennon went on about as he looks as sleeket as they come. He’s had many an opportunity here as player, coach, back room staff and now as temp manager. Bar the unders job he had he’s not done much with the others. Loyalty is one thing, lingering is another.