1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Gonzagga appears to be as big a chump as transferbhoy.

ApartPidgeon and charlietully like this.
  2. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Swear I have no idea whats going on at the club... Who the * todays frontrunner?!

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Same. I've read * all and cant really be bothered.

Just waiting on an announcement or else it would be torture keeping up

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Martin O’Neill was favourite, then John Kennedy, then Roy Keane, then Eddie Howe. so I’m gonna go with Stephen McManus

Moore likes this.
  5. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Celtic are gonna surprise the * out of us and appoint the first ever female manager of a top flight professional team

And any * surprised by it has been living in a cave for years when you look at some of the decisions the Plc have made in recent times

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    My main worry now is how much of an impact this dithering will have on potential targets.

Let's be honest here, Howe is NOT coming from any global sides. He's never won a top flight title and never managed in Europe. If he's unsure about taking the job, what will that say to any other targets we have or might have? Are we so much of a * basket case that we can't get Eddie * Howe? I'm reminded of Sevco trying to sign * McInnes with this * about.

If it's a case that Howe is simply waiting on Palace or Newcastle, then we should release a statement asap, concluding he was interviewed but it's a non starter. Then move on. If Howe is using us a placeholder or an option B then we tell him to do one. Anyone not 100% committed at this stage 8n the hiring process is not going to committed come next season when the real work begins.

Either way this * about is hurting our reputation and limiting the scope of alternative options.

Par for the course for this season. At this stage I think we've been * hexed. Some * has woven one of Simon Jordans hairs into the managers chair.

Get it together Celtic ffs.

7. Mr Hoopy

I am hoping that the club are waiting on Dom to start on 19th before announcing Howe...but like many i have my doubts.

We need transparacy from the club which sadly is not forthcoming and as such we are left in limbo and looking like * once again...

8. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Should we beat them on Sunday then the PR machine will go to overdrive and we will announce on Monday

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Relax. Howe or anyone else is allowed to take time to consider their next move. Like it or not any EPL team is an appealing prospect to the majority of managers. Season is a dead rubber bar the cup, so there's no immediate rush.

Gurru 991, LectersLuncheon and JML67 like this.
  10. Tomas

Serious question, has anyone at Celtic Park officially stated that Howe has been offered the job ?
    Or does it suit them to allow all the speculation with no comment, whilst negotiating with someone else.

11. SuperZidane

That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

I don't think they are waiting for McKay to get it over the line - he's not going to make a completely different offer to Howe than Lawwell has - it all needs Desmond's approval anyway.

I also think that if Howe had definitely turned us down - it would be out there in the media by now.

It makes sense to wait until McKay is there (especially as it's happening next week) as the working relationship will be between him and Eddie Howe - not Lawwell.

As each day goes by this week with no news, I'm more confident that there will be an announcement next week (even if Howe isn't starting until June).

Sgt Neppers* and Mr Hoopy like this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’ve stopped thinking about it and just going to back the team on Sunday and rest of the season because a manager won’t be in till then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. shieldsybhoy

Bring Ronny home.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seems to be the logical thing going by time lines.

The week we had all the positive noise on Howe, it suddenly stopped with apparently wanting Hughes in as well.
    That was just leading in to the Easter weekend.
    Same weekend news was seeping through that McKay might have been leaving the rugby early.
    Tuesday, the first business day after both these rumours and McKay is announced to be in in two weeks.

Two weeks seems a bit strange of it's not literally working a notice period.

And then at that same time things stalled with Howe and his agent comes out with the soundbites to try and make Howes position stronger in negotiations.

All makes sense in my little head that something (Hughes?) Has been brought to the forefront of getting Howe in to the club and it's needed the new CEO to take more of a lead - ie do you want harkin or Hughes? Or can he fit both in to s structure?

That would be a bit too much to allow Peter to have final say on, as it's more long term and next season worthy.

So if that's the delay, it would make sense for us to tell Howe to hold tight, we will sort out * out then come back to the table.

At the same time Howe has been happy to do so as it allows him to finish his season out the game and then come to the club (potentially) at the end of the season.

For me, not a lot has changed, but there's a little bit of a delay due to bigger/future decisions needing to be made that we can't let Peter take sole control on.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear nothing again this week, then suddenly get the rumours ramping up late next week after McKay is in the door a few days.
    Which brings us nearing the final week of April and could likely be the time we announce the appointment for the end of the season.

Which is fine by me now.
    Knowing more about Howe, I firmly believe he will have already started his process of understanding this club and squad.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he's seen more Celtic games of this season than I have, or that he would have training videos sent to him now on a daily basis.
    He's no mug, if he knows he is 95% in the door and this is the job he actually expects to take, he will be the sort of guy who's already down that rabbit hole of throwing himself in to this club

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15. jambo_cfc

I really think we are waiting to monday to announce something ! If we lose to them and then announce our new management team then it takes away the talking point for the rags ! The big stiry would be us ,

16. Sin

With Mckay and the Howe rumours things just don't seem to add up.

2 weeks ago we were seemingly in advanced talks with Howe.
    Last week Mckay said this was a perfect time to leave the rugby with the end of the 6 nations and he can then give his input in the search for a new Celtic manager.

How can he give his input in the search for the new manager this week if we were seemingly in advanced talks with Howe 2 weeks ago?

:39:

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    see above for a theory.

McKay aint going to say "* hit the fan, I need to dash in to help save the situation" he's going to make it sound like it is tied off nicely and a logical timing.

But the timings of both McKay leaving the Rugby and the Howe deal "stalling" pretty much match up. The complete radio silence from even the usual media lackies of the board suggests things are either on hold or completely dead in the water - but I reckon if completely dead in the water, Howes side would have been more affirming to say so.

McKay in next week, a couple days later things will roll again with Howe, one way or the other.

The Prof likes this.
  18. jambo_cfc

With klimala going and welsh getting a new contract , is it possible that they new manager is possibly working behind the scenes ?

19. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

You would hope so and it’s certainly the more optimistic view, however it is equally as likely that fat Pete lis doing his last bit of meddling before cashing out.

20. oh bhoy

if thats the case id be worried about who we announce