1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I missed a chunk of the game but was very noticeable big Mick talking to the player's on the sidelines and much more involved..

martin_d likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Big Mick’s a leader who demands respect. I have no idea what he’s like as a coach but his presence in that changing room will mean something.

martin_d and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

6-0 in a dead rubber changes nothing, we need a whole new coaching setup.

Keano88, martin_d, Dan Breen and 3 others like this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Doesn’t mean nothing, Livi reserves beat us in January and the teams reacting and changing for the better. There’s still a trophy to play for, and for me it’s * essential that we win it.

Dan Breen and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I said it changes nothing, not it means nothing..

Win twice at Ibrox and the Cup, still changes nothing.

martin_d likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He definitely gets it..

Hammy89 and Liam Scales like this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It doesn’t ‘change nothing’, it’s certainly a big change from not being able to beat Livi * reserves.

It might be too little too late but it stands us in good stead heading into the cup.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You're misunderstanding me, whatever Kennedy does from now until the end of the season, changes nothing in terms of what is required for next season in terms of coaching of the first team.

He needs to be part of the clear out, we need a total revamp with fresh impetus.

And JK takes part of the blame for this mess of a season. Winning the Cup would soften the blow but only slightly.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He doesn’t need to be if the new man doesn’t want him to go.

The obsession we, and the board, have with the background staff is mental. Whatever the new manager wants for his background staff is what we should stand by. Whether that includes John Kennedy or not.

If he takes part of the blame this season, he takes part of the credit for 4 Trebles in a row.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'll be glad to see the back of him along with that imposter Brown..

martin_d and Liam Scales like this.
  11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My GF likes McManus, so I’d like him to stay on the off chance they meet in Bothwell and he starts pumping her so I can get some * peace and quiet!

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Guys proved enough already he does not deserve this job.
    Even if he wins every game 6-0 that remains, he was part of the problem and stood by during it all, yet now would be happy to snake back in.
    Nah, not for me.
    He will do good to impress me (and others) enough that we consider to accept him staying on as a coach at best. He needs to move on for his own good though. He has over stayed his welcome and not done remotely enough to deserve the top job.

I do think he has picked things up from Deila and Rodgers, fingers crossed he has taken time to go away to some of the same sort of coaching camps the former two have done in their early days. Because he needs to understand how the modern day is played - and it isn't how Lennon was showing him at all.
    He talks a much better game and you can certainly tell he understands football better than Lennon ever did. First game with him he was right on the money to realise we lacked width and pace, he made small changes that showed he understood this. But the player selection elsewhere was simply baffling and his sub selections during his time are even more baffling.
    He's a step above Lennon for sure, but Lennon really is bottom of the barrel for us as far as a manager is concerned.

JC Anton likes this.
  13. SuperZidane

It depends what you think people are wishing for.

Personally - I am ambivalent as to whether Kennedy remains at the club or not - although I would think that (as he claims to have managerial ambitions) that he would want to go somewhere and start managing in his own right.

However, if (and only if) a new manager wishes to retain him in some role - fine by me.

Things have improved since Lennon went (hardly difficult) but I'm not reading too much into beating Aberdeen (2 wins out of 9 before playing us) + Livingstone (3 out of 9) and Falkirk.

Although it's not his fault - Kennedy has not been given a long enough run to prove himself as a manager. I'm afraid that " Apparently the players are absolutely loving Kennedys coaching sessions" - doesn't quite cut it.

He should not be considered for the role on a permanent basis. If he were given the role, I certainly wouldn't be putting any money into the club and I don't think I'd be the only one.

martin_d likes this.
  14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I think the improvements are more to do with the fact that Lennon is away, it’s impossible to put in to words how incompetent and unprofessional he was.

Regardless of who replaced him it was only going to get better.

martin_d and SuperZidane like this.
  15. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    People are to quick to say he was a huge part of the problem last season nobody knows that at all or what went on with players and Lennon etc, you could just as easily say he was a huge part of our quadrupole treble in that case, I don’t want him as manager i would like to see him apply his trade somewhere else and earn it first, however it’s to easy to read BS online and assume he’s a bad apple and caused us issues, anything I read from any player/professional has nothing but praise for the man.

Liam Scales and SuperZidane like this.
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Theirs been an improvement no doubt. Only conceding once from a set play in 5 games must be a record for us this season. Think he’s very well respected by the players and if he ever really wants to be manager of Celtic one day, he needs to go out and build a reputation starting from next season.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JK: "It’ll be a tough game. It’s a cup match, which means you can’t make any mistakes, you have to go into the game and hit top form."

JK: "Our recent form is promising for us, it’ll give us confidence off the back of the last game. We’ve been scoring goals and putting in good performances, the players are finding their form as well, so it leads to a very exciting game."

JK on James Forrest: "It’ll be a very late call but just in the position we are in, the magnitude of the game we’ll give it as long as we can and make our decision late on that."

JK on James Forrest: "He’s came on reasonably well in the week. We got a bit of work in to him yesterday and he had a down day today just to recover. We’ll have a go at him tomorrow to see where he’s at."

JK on
    @stephen_welsh17
    : "He’s the type of guy everyday who pushes himself. He always wants more information and works very hard on the training pitch to improve. I’m delighted he’s committed his future to the club. It was a very simple deal to do."

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Couldn’t motivate a bee to make honey

Jeannie960 likes this.