1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wee blowhard..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    EDDIE HOWE'S representative has confirmed Celtic's top target is not ready to return to management until the summer.

SunSport revealed on Tuesday that the ex-Bournemouth boss was prepared to wait until the end of the season before taking up the Parkhead vacancy.

Both parties remain locked in talks over a move that would see him replace Neil Lennon and Hoops chiefs remain confident they will get their man. It's believed Howe would prefer to wait until June before returning to the dugout as he spends time with his family after leaving the Cherries last August.

Celtic's hierarchy are relaxed about the situation and are willing to let Howe begin with a clean slate in pre-season before starting the huge rebuilding job. And a representative from Howe's camp tonight confirmed: "There has been significant interest in Eddie from a number of clubs.

"However, talks of any deal being close are extremely premature. His plan remains to not return to management until the summer at the earliest."

SunSport understands Howe is seeking ressaurances that he will be able to draft in his own backroom team. The one-time touted England and Arsenal candidate is pushing for trusted ally Richard Hughes to be lured away from his role at Bournemouth.
    Celtic's board are open to the idea, but it would mean ripping up plans to appoint Manchester City's Fergal Harkin as director of football. But crucially, majority shareholder Dermot Desmond is willing to play the waiting game to land number one choice Howe.

3. dmccourt95

Canny see many people being convinced to renew based off Howes representatives saying they’re not close to a deal

4. Martybhoy53

Wanting season tickets before we know who the next manager is. * off!! Treated with contempt again by the board.

murphy88 and Crilly like this.
  5. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

If he doesn’t want to sign a pre contract then we move onto our next target.

Keeping his options open? That means he’s waiting for a better job and will only come here if he has to “settle” for Celtic.

I can see it now, he is unveiled as Newcastle manager and we are flapping about like mad hunting for a manager weeks before first qualifiers. The result is Roy Keane or Paul Lambert.

Don’t let that * happen.

6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If he was coming in before the end of the season, he’d be in by now. He’s got a family to think of with three young kids in an already tumultuous year when relocating at the drop of a hat is far from easy.

Nothing has changed. He’s the clubs first choice and they firmly believe that he’ll be here come the summer.

7. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Gonna be a melt for another few weeks

8. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly what every Celtic fan wants to be hearing right now. Jesus wept.

Edit*** that's a direct quote from the sun article. I'm not having a pop at Ziggy!!

The Dude, The Phoenix and Crilly like this.
  9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I wasn’t too worried as I didn’t expect him to start now but find it strange that there is no signs of a pre contract agreement. Surely he could sign now to start in June??? If not we risk waiting for the possibility of him to * us over. Since we have apparently made dealings so public I’d have no doubt other clubs would fear missing out on him and offer him a good deal, also other clubs could see we are close to getting Harkin as dof and go for him too.

10. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    agree on the first part, that’s ALL we know just now. Too many itk folk spouting stuff that becomes gospel.

That said I do actually think we have a chance with him and would like to think we are a serious option.

My main issue is the lack of urgency, the lack of transparency and the apparent willingness to just plod along. We’ve had a * of a season, Lenny is long gone and we should be bursting a gut to bring in the best manager achievable with the best structure possible.

as usual it’s the support that are getting taken for a ride.

Martybhoy53, Xatraps and Crilly like this.
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Not just that, lots of people would like to know if there’s any club and government plans to let us attend games next season. It would be a bit much to just send out renewals basically saying “gies yer money”, though I wouldn’t rule it out.

Crilly likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Who is this representative?

My pal mentioned to me the other day that he knew his agent 'Baker' from Beckenham. I'll ask him tomorrow if he can get anything..

Going all Transferbawbag here..

murphy88, Ziggy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

* him, whoring himself out.

Time for Martinez and Maloney.

14. Lewis Kerr

I just can't see us getting him at this point. To be honest I never really believed in the "verbal agreement" *.

It was very amateurish the way people associated with the club and media pundits all started talking as if he was already in the dressing room and getting to know the players when literally nothing has happened.

Genuinely feel like Howe is stalling/doesn't really fancy it and using us, and we're happy to dither around and release stories to seem like we really pushed for him. It's the "we tried" narrative all over again.

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

If he's no committing fully or trying to demand a DOF etc, then it's a pass from me.

Bayern Bru likes this.
  16. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No manager would be taking over till after the season is finished anyway

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye I’m probably thinking the same, it was @Valhalla who mentioned why this wasn’t a great idea with any manager tbh.

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd have been totally cool with that, probably my preference.

It's when his "people" start making comments about options etc.....Well, it's akin to flashing the gash trying to attract some other more well endowed suitor.

19. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Who the * reads that fuking dirty lying basterding fukin lying gutter press lower than a snakes belly after the way they smeared the Liverpool fans , families , players and the whole of the City of Liverpool.

The people of Liverpool would not even wipe their arses with that poisiness gutter * .

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Celtic are being made to sweat over Eddie Howe after the in-demand manager’s camp insisted a deal to take him to Parkhead was still way off.

The Hoops had hoped to have the former Bournemouth boss on board this week with a view to taking charge of the side for next season.

But Howe’s representatives are playing hardball and insisting nothing has been agreed as yet and talk of a move already being in place has been branded extremely premature.

Celtic are hoping to persuade the 43-year-old to Parkhead but they face a fight for his services – with Crystal Palace still a possible option and Newcastle United also strongly linked.
    A representative for Howe told Sky Sports: “There has been significant interest in Eddie from a number of clubs. However, talks of any deal being close are extremely premature. His plan remains to not return to management until the summer at the earliest.”

Record Sport understands the negotiations have hit several stumbling blocks over Howe’s hopes to have his own backroom team alongside him, as well as Bournemouth’s Richard Hughes brought in as director of football.

let him have his on backroom staff ffs

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2021
    The Phoenix likes this.