1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He was a riddy last night. Looked absolutely miles off it against a Falkirk youth team.

Punt as soon as possible.

seanm likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don’t think he looked miles off it, looked like a guy who hasn’t played for a while and scuffed chances.

He’s off in the summer but we don’t play him except a minute here or there then expect him to be 100% sharp.

seanm, Dan Breen, Dalbeth3 and 2 others like this.
  3. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I'm willing to cut him a little slack, cause Like Klimala and Ajeti, he hasn't had a run of games, which a striker needs.

Saying that though, the pre season * was about the 3rd last straw for me, and he should be punted, if we cant get money for him cause how big his contract is for another year, loan him out, don't need * like him in the dressing room. Sad it may end that way, but its own doing.

seanm and Liam Scales like this.
  4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Another good player who has let both himself and the club down due to his total lack of professionalism. It's all the more annoying when we know that every last one of us would love to have the opportunity and privilege to play for our club

seanm likes this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

Still living off the 15/16 season in the eyes of some supporters.

Rarely kicked a ball since then and I’ve had enough of him. Thanks for your service Leigh but you’re not Celtic class anymore.

seanm, Dan Breen and elbhoydo like this.
  6. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Definitely finished at Celtic... hopefully goes somewhere and kicks on. Needs to step down I’d imagine to get the mins and the confidence again. Hibs again? Wish him well

seanm likes this.
  7. joemc

Hate how some fans turn bitterly against heros or former , griff is not match fit , if ......and thats a big if , he knuckles down gets fit over summer and shows he still wants to play at the top then he is a first class striker 100% , but he has also used up all his lives here so I would love to see him not take his talent for granted and put the work in to extend his career, if not we can't carry him anymore.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Griffiths, a Celtic hero? Not even close to it.

Guys like Moravick, Nakamura, Dembele make the cut. Griffiths shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those players.

9. joemc

A hero as in scoring winning goals , giving us days to celebrate being celtic people m8 .

Celtic Frost likes this.
  10. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

He did a good service, helped us out when we needed it, was a tremendous player in many matches. A hero for some :60: I like him, but time do change as the players.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. stevoEOS

I’m half cut here but why is Dembele a ‘hero’ & LG is not? In terms of overall contribution to the club, LG has achieved more than him. I’m not saying LG is a ‘hero’ but in the context of your post, I’m a bit confused. Granted Moussa was superb during his time here but interested to know why you hold him in the same regard as Lubo & Naka?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    GreenLeanMean and Celtic Frost like this.
  12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    He lead the line in an INVINCIBLE Celtic side and showed he could cut it on the European stage, hunskelper into the bargain. So he’s definitely worthy of the same status as Naka at least. But I do think griff is being harshly spoken of on here, he’s been a great player for us and played a massive part in 9 in a row and the invincible season. But he was let the club down more than once, so he is not above criticism.

Dan Breen and Celtic Frost like this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    That doesn't make him a hero. He's lucky to be at Celtic rather than us lucky to have him. He is earning around 20k a week and by turning up unfit, where the club is losing money due to covid and one of our biggest seasons is up in us. That isn't a hero. I've seen a few Celtic heroes over the past 20 odd years, he isn't one of them.

AdamRS and seanm like this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yep. I'm not having it that a guy who couldn't be arsed to stay fit, which is the bare minimum required to be a footballer, would be considered a hero.

seanm likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    As annoying as he is, he’s scored more than 100 goals for us.

He’ll always have a question mark over him down to his professionalism, but he’s done a lot in his Celtic career.

it’s just he should have * done more

HoopyT, stevoEOS and Sean Daleer like this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Dembele consistently turned up in the big games for us. Hattrick against the huns in his first game against them. Last minute winner against them in a cup semi. Two goals against Man City in the CL.

He wasn’t here for long but he made an incredible impact in his time here. Most of Griffiths’ career at Celtic has been plagued with injury, a lack of fitness, issues on and off the field etc.

Someone who is too lazy and unprofessional to get himself fit for the potential 10 in a row season isn’t a hero.

Valhalla, AdamRS and seanm like this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not disputing that. Just saying I would never class him as a Celtic hero.

Someone with his attitude and lack of professionalism doesn’t deserve that praise.

seanm likes this.
  18. seanm

Guys still got mental problems but id still start him every game.

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

A celtic hero ? :56: gies peace man, he's a somewhat good finisher, who is lucky to even be here.
    His whole Celtic career will be remembered for his * constant calf injuries, his other injuries and having the * taken out him for eating tea cakes and being unprofessional. Oh and tying scarves to hun goal posts.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

We might be stuck with him unless we are willing to take a significant hit financially as can't see him wanting to head back to England and no club up here will be able to afford him. 1 year left on his deal, looks like it will be a heavily subsidised loan or another year here twiddling his thumbs and picking up a healthy wage for * all. Hopefully surprises everyone and has a storming pre season, with the right manager and motivation behind him but just can't see it.