1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoins

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Mar 21, 2013.

Discuss Bitcoins in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Then buy the club!!!

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  2. TimFloyd Gold Member

I've got a fair wee amount into bitcoin and litecoin

More of a place to hold spare cash than to trade really and see where it goes.

Then I just add to it little bits here and there.

Slaw likes this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

One of life's regrets not buying these around 201/12 I was on another forum and remember someone telling us all about them an I had a feeling they'd make money because of the internet but just never bit to invest in them. Forget all about them when seen them at the peak I was * Gutted! There's even talks they'll end up 100-200k in 10 years but also could plummet again..I was thinking off going in when they where 6k(if I remember right) just last year but never did. If they do take another hit is when I'll think ill take a chance on them.

4. TimFloyd Gold Member

What's people's thoughts on ETH?

I've went in on it recently, probably going to focus more on that than bitcoin.

Predictions saying 5k this year possibly 10k in 2022

5. ddub11

Love to get into this,anyone any suggestion where an newbie should start?i have revolut and see theres a few things you can do with that.

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

ETH will certainly hit $8k at a minimum within the next 12 months in my opinion. My portfolio is built around it.. I’m pretty heavy in Eth. I think Vechain is one that will outperform it though.

1. Vechain
    2. Ethereum
    3. Loopring
    4. Chainlink
    5. dHedge Dao (very low cap coin)
    6. FLOW (exposure to NFTs market)
    7. NEO/Uniswap (small holdings)

Current thoughts on the market.. expecting a bit of a dip over the next couple of weeks so I’ve actually sold half of my portfolio and waiting to stick the cash back in on the dip. The coins I’ve listed I expect to get to:

1. VET: $1.50 (currently $0.09)
    2. ETH: $12k (currently $1.7k)
    3. LRC: $10 (currently $0.52)
    4. LINK: $200 (currently $27)
    5. DHT: $200 (currently $5) - gamble
    6. FLOW: $500 (currently $26)
    7. NEO: $500 (currently $44)
    8. UNI: $250 (currently $33)

roughly speaking.. I won’t be waiting for them to hit these targets though I’ll be looking to sell at about 70-80% of those targets most likely. Always be less greedy than the next guy. Take all the comments of Bitcoin going to $500k and Ethereum going to $50k with a pinch of salt. I expect it to be more like $200k and $15k (ballpark).

TimFloyd likes this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Revolut is the easiest and most straightforward way to get involved mate. If you want a wider selection you’ll need to set up on Coinbase, Bitpanda or Binance.

8. ddub11

cheers mate:50:

Slaw likes this.
  9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Thanks for the input

Have you no interest in ADA?

Same as you I'm focusing my main portfolio around ETH at the moment, have some ADA as well.

Slaw likes this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I love Cardano mate, had 10,000 of them and sold them for $0.30 a pop when I expected a dip and ended up missing the explosion to $1.40 haha. I didn’t get back in because I expect it to peak at about $5-10 and thought there were better opportunities around so decided to give it a pass.

My old man is big into cryptos as well and 80% of his portfolio is in Cardano. He thinks it will eventually surpass Bitcoin. I definitely believe in what they’re doing but they’re known as a “ghost chain” at the moment because there’s nothing actually built on the network. Everything is all pie in the sky with Cardano right now.. nothing solid. Cardano supporters will point to Ethereum’s dated technology and high fees as a reason why Cardano will pass it out.. and they may well be right. But at the moment there are hundreds of ERC-20 tokens/coins built on the Ethereum blockchain and ALL of decentralised finance (Defi) is built on Ethereum. If Defi booms again (which it will), Ethereum will boom too by default. That’s why, though I think Cardano could become the new #2 or maybe even the new #1 at some stage, for this bull run I’d rather bet on the tried and tested.

I saw some technical analysis today suggesting Cardano could go back to $0.85.. if that happens I’ll go back in probably.

By the way, I’m no expert on cryptocurrencies. I do my fair share of research on it and I know how to read charts and how to make my own decisions on what I think will do well and when the market will end etc.. but ultimately I outsource my decisions to:

Data Dash - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCatR7nWbYrkVXdxXb4cGXw

Coin Trades-
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdzPYUYCvo3seYE0eyBspJA

And Justin Bennett -
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinBennettFX?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I watch Bitboy and other guys on YouTube too but I take what they say with a pinch of salt. I trust the guys listed above much more, though Data Dash was caught out in 2017 promoting a * coin he was being paid to promote and it cost people serious money.. I invested in it too. Now I just mainly focus on his overall outlook on the market as a whole and in that regard he is second to none.

Please find painful memory attached (April 2020)

8D190EFD-2D1C-452B-8208-2DB7596E6C6C.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    paulo123 and TimFloyd like this.
  11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Ouch! :55:

Thanks I'll have a look at the links you posted.

Recently became obsessed with it all as I guy I work with has made some eye watering gains since last year.... So much so he will be retiring before 30 if things keep going the way they are expected.

Alot of it still fly's over my head but learning bit by bit.

Think Benjamin Cohen is the only youtuber I watch that seems pretty realistic and doesn't band about outrageous numbers and explains why they can't or ever will hit those numbers

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Haha don’t feel too sorry for me I’ve done pretty well.. just a shame I was pretty much skint last year when I had to force myself not to get a loan to invest haha.

Benjamin Cowen is class too yeah I forgot to mention him. Started watching him more lately. Hopefully retired by 30 too myself and there’s no reason you won’t be retired in 5-6 years either mate. I tell my friends the same thing.. just perform relatively well in these markets for the next 5-6 years and you’ll be a millionaire no problem. Bitcoin will be a million a pop before long.

13. superceltic67

Buy Ecomi
    Thank me in couple months.

Also these online figures on veve going through the roof at minute.
    Apparently the next big thing amongst kids.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What’s Veve mate? A couple of my friends are in that Ecomi but none seem to know what it even is.. Can you shed some light?

superceltic67 likes this.
  15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

As always lads.. Do your own research and don’t take my word for it.. but this week is going to be THE last prime time to get into cryptocurrencies in this bull run in my opinion. We are going to see the top alt coins doubling and trebling in April I reckon. Do yourself a favour and get a slice of the pie.

16. dmccourt95

What platform are you using to invest

superceltic67 likes this.
  17. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ive took a small gamble on Cardano also, it has some potential in the long term.

18. superceltic67

My mate looks after it.
    I just fire him the money if honest.
    Everyday he sends me update
    Keeps going up
    Ecomi ( called that ) honestly fire couple pounds at it bhoys.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Does it take PayPal? :56:

20. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Wouldn't have a clue where to start with this.