1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Pointless interview,telling us everything we know already.:31: once again fans being treated like fools.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Fair enough mate :50:

It's one of those where we really don't know 100% how any of them will turn out due to the rebuild..

James and Hammy89 like this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

If we're genuinely trying to get Harkin and Maresca, then there would be none better to negotiate with Man City than Lawwell.

Like it or not, he's STILL the CEO and we are looking for a manager NOW.

Dannybhoy81 and Westlondonscot like this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Peter will wait until he knows the outcome of our European qualifiers before making a decision.

I just wish we'd make some sort of plan. Some sort of direction. Some forward thinking.

It's a disgrace so far. This season has been unbearable off the pitch and on the pitch. Diabolical.

5. Lemmykilmister

Like how it begins by saying we have a process of appointing a new manager that extends beyond throwing away all other cvs and appointing Lennon in the showers pished after a cup win

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Suggests to me that this new CEO is not going to have an aura if he is not making himself heard in such a big decision..

The Phoenix and Hammy89 like this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Anybody annoyed about Lawwell being involved, well he is the CEO so he is going to be involved. Also he has to say Mckay is taking a more backseat role as if they say he is spearheading it then it could cause problems with his current employers. Then they can't say DOF is involved as it would raise questions about who it is. It's a throwaway interview, just don't get angry about it.

8. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

My thoughts as well. Why even bother commenting on it. Just keep your mouth shut until you have something to announce.

The uncertainty recently has been dreadful, this interview has done nothing to ease this.

9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    My only hope is that he can't officially work on it full time as he is currently in a different position under a different employer. I can only hope that this was a way of them telling us that he is involved in the decision making process but not making it public enough to warrant paying compensation for terminating his contract early.

Knowing us, this won't be the case.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Steve Clarke has done nothing to suggest he would be a success as Celtic manager. Neil Lennon had already been here and won trophies and had limited success in Europe. He was deemed a safe pair of hands by plenty at the time of his appointment. It's not a safe pair of hands we need. It's a full revamp of the football side of things. Is Steve Clarke able to provide that ? I don't know, but there will be better candidates out there.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I personally think brownies not getting contract because they want a chunk of those wages to go into rebuild 38 grand two decent rebuild players with that money wages wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Who would you rather have Keane .... or maresca ?

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

This isn't a dig at yourself but I keep seeing that be it on here or twitter but why is it exclusively those 2 ? Why not Maresca or Howe/Rafa/Martinez etc. As much as I would rather Maresca over Keane I would be seriously underwhelmed with either of those two

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ian cathro never worked for a number of reasons 1 of them being craig Levein was a dinosaur who undermined cathro their was players in that team he was younger who were already their so make it hard for him to have any sway and lack of a playing career lead many to not respect his opinion

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Reason I saying it is because guys argument is he wants someone with experience as manager keane is one of those options if those were the 2 put to us by the board I’d be going for maresca all day long he ticks a lot of boxes for me
    I like Keane as a player his behaviour after Ireland though slagging a guy off because he was upset at losing a family member doesn’t sit right with me .... he’s unhinged and too unpredictable for that reason I dont think he can manage certain situations

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Can tell all day long that’s the case he’s just their to boost morale I noticed when we went to * pit last season he set his team up too narrow he’s got a tendency of doing that seen it last two games against them one point in second half for 15 mins they had 4 cm on field Davis aribo airfield kamara

His subs are as bad as Lennon can see it in their performances aswell now leagues won he’s picking team and tactics and they have been honking

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

I was just using them as examples in fairness that was off the top of my head but there are plenty of coaches/assistants who failed and I also accept they're are plenty who succeed but I suppose in that lies my point for me this isn't the time to take a gamble on someone with no track record in management especially if the league winners next year are going straight to the CL groups.

I agree with you I'd want Keane nowhere near the job and would also take Maresca over him but Keanes shortcomings as a manager doesn't make Maresca a better manager. In that scenario you're either choosing a failed manager or an unknown so you will always go with the unknown. I just think there is far better out there than both Keane and Maresca

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That interview is yet another slap in the face to us.

Telling the support that the managerial appointment is always a thorough process when we hired the last one whilst he was washing his baws with Dove and Lawwell had a drawer full of CVs.

Then the OUTGOING CEO still being involved in the hiring process?

The season not being over, we still have the Scottish Cup?

Seriously?

Smithy, Hammy89 and The Phoenix like this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The fact we should class it as a throwaway interview is exactly good reason to get angry.

At the exact time where we as a support yet again need some direction and message from the hierarchy they dish out pish again.

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member