1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

When you can’t construct your own argument or get your own points across....

*checks notes*

... refer to ‘YoutubeCelticFC’ on twitter

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No my Twitter is FrenchEddy1967

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’ll never stop finding it hilarious when people use some random on Twitter to back up their point.

As if calling yourself Celtic on social media somehow makes your opinion any more valid than any other Tim on the planet :giggle1:

Slaw likes this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Heck.. look across the city. Giving a manager his first senior job is probably our best chance at scooping a quality manager.

... sorry, head coach :giggle1:

5. Smithy

Are you convinced Gerrard is actually a good manager? Outwith this season he's been pish and was one game from the sack before Covid saved him. Next season will be interesting if we get our appointment and transfers right.

6. Sgt Neppers*

If after months, the board decide the best option for the job is Keane or Lampard then we're *. Well and truly.

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    My own argument has been made perfectly clear from the beginning, we shouldn't be giving the job to someone with such inexperience in senior football management or coaching or whatever the * you want to call it.

That means we shouldn't be the first senior club of his where he's given the responsibility of team selection, tactics, formations, systems etc etc for the first team. Plenty of the sane section of the support seem to also agree with that going by plenty comments I see on social media, as well as Jackie McNamara saying similar.

If he's appointed I hope he proves me wrong and it works out beyond how I could have imagined, but it's a giant risk, especially in a season where winning the league will grant automatic access to the CL.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

From Dermot Desmonds interview on the Celtic website

When can we expect the appointment of a manager?
    As with any key appointment at Celtic, there is a process which involves research, investigation, interviewing and negotiation. This process is underway and is taking place privately and when complete, the Board will make a public announcement.

Who is in charge of the process?
    The Chairman Ian Bankier, Peter Lawwell and myself take a lead in the process, and naturally, the incoming CEO will also participate. Any decision made will require Board approval.

Could you give us some idea of the type of candidate you are looking for?
    We are mindful of the fact that there is a huge amount of interest and speculation among our supporters and the press. However, we have to respect the privacy of potential candidates and the integrity of the process, and so I think it would be inappropriate to make comment on the type of candidate we are looking for.

9. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’d say he is and i’m sure anyone who is honest will agree, look at their results in Europe. There’s no proof he was one game away from the sack. He has a team of average journeymen and he has managed to beat some decent teams.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I still think it's his coaching staff that are the brains behind it. Gerrard is thick as *

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For this alone, the fans should withhold money from the club, no matter who is appointed. Arrogance seeps out of the statement. Also, if Lawwell and DD are the ones picking the manager, then McKay signed up for a free paycheck, seeing as he isn't here to do his job.

12. DonnyCelt

Why the * should an outgoing CEO be in charge of appointing a new manager for after he's left. Ffs

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Outgoing Lawwell part of the process in picking a new manager. New CEO mentioned as an afterthought

Unfuckingbelievable.

Lawwell Desmond and that snake Bankier leading the process. * help us all.

14. dmccourt95

Any DOF worth their salt would refuse the job after finding out the managers been hired before they’ve set foot in the door

The Phoenix and Sean Daleer like this.
  15. The Dude

I fear that the proposed director of football role will more or less the same as the one that Nick Hammond has now.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. CFC.1

Fully readying myself for Keane now after reading that

17. jambo_cfc

Gerrard is just the face for them , he will get people wanting to play for him , the real brains is the assistant beale ! Hes the guy that will be doing all the tactics and training

Smithy likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Maresca is obviously a risky appointment, but I've watched some of the games the Man City U23'S have been playing and it looks fantastic, I'd love to see us play like that.

There's obviously a want for somebody like Benitez, Howe or Marsch to take over, but Maresca is a far more exciting appointment that the likes of Keane, Kennedy, Ross, Alex Neil.

I understand the glamour for Clarke, but by * is his football dire. There's no doubt we'd improve against the huns with him in charge, and we wouldn't get rag-dolled in Europe, but I'd hate to see us face the rest of the spfl dross with him in charge, imagine going away to Hamilton with Clarke in charge?

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    TL/DR 'we still know better than you do'.

* * OF A MAN.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can understand his appeal but he's a good coach and has never managed a first team he could be another Paul Clement or Ian Cathro and I get that it could also go the other way but I just don't think now is the time to take another gamble we did it with Ronny and it backfired for me we need a safe experienced pair of hands just now. I don't really buy the Howe chat either but I would take him over Maresca