1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Sevco | Celtic Park | Sunday 21/3 | 1200 | SkySports/CelticTV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Mar 12, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Sevco | Celtic Park | Sunday 21/3 | 1200 | SkySports/CelticTV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wow that's some bite there..

Was winding you up..

Funny how you've been snide and no quoted me though........

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Calm doon fs :67:

You're posting a bet of a Hun player to score against us on a Celtic forum, you must know you'd get jip for that.

Marie likes this.
  3. Pearse67*

Kennedy so far outa his * depth, standing wondering whether to stick or twist when them hun * were there to be blitzed.

The other night against slavia, the manager put on 3 subs around 60 mins, how refreshin.

We should have put forrest on, got brown off for soros fresh legs, drove at them.

Still * disgusted.

4. jj81

Would also have rather seen klimala on around 70 min with his pace against their defence rather than a griff cameo

5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    They were there for the taking and Kennedy made a * of it.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Four things are positively certain after that fixture.

1. John Kennedy is an absolute mook. Flapping your arms about on the touchline doesn't make you a good manager. Late, subs, wrong subs, tactically rigid and totally out of his depth.

2. Regardless of what anyone says, this is a good football team. Out of sync, maybe. Out of ideas, definitely. But not out of talent. We saw real glimpses of that ability in this game. Good players DO NOT become * over night.

3. Slippy is still a *. He has a bunch of average players well drilled and we'll oiled yes. But like his Celtic counterpart, no ideas, no pragmatism and no plan B. As we've saw countless * times, once his tactics are properly negated, his side reverts to either collapsing or kicking everything off the park.

4. Any half decent manager who comes in should mop the floor with this league. This season was not a sevco victory but a Celtic collapse. It's infuriating how bad we've been and how average sevco are. We could keep the exact same squad and still win the title back with a decent manager.

What's also jarring is the pundits and rags reaction. Given how poor we have been and how they like to gas up slippys abilities as a coach... all of them were expecting a Celtic tanking.
    They didn't get it, so the headlines have reverted to distraction tactics. Triangle head FINALLY got ONE goal against us, after FOUR YEARS of football. One goal in four years. Slippy has also reverted to type. Making the allegation that this draw MEANS MORE to us than it does them.
    Any normal media, punditry, or manager would take it is a clear warning sign that Sevco are NOT as good as they think, and this is NOT the promised new dawn that Dave King predicted.

We get our act together in the summer and normal service WILL resume.

End of.

* bring it on.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    See to be honest, it really does take only a half decent manager to have won both last games.

It was said at the time Bitton was the wrong choice and that's what cost us the game, we were the better team.

Yesterday, useless * couldn't get the team up for it and subs fiasco, cost us again, the better team again.

A host of players need moved, but a new manager makes a huge difference.

8. Foley1888

I agree with this, now I know they are capable of better but see in the three game’s vs them this year, the first was our worst performance in these games in a long time yet we lost 2-0 to rubbish set piece goals, the next two we have been the better team and on the end of some poor referring decisions and even worse finishing from our own players.

In that first game vs them if they were anything truly good they would have scudded us 4 or 5 as we were truly woeful. They also wouldn’t have struggled to get out their own half when 11v11 at New Year or have conceded enough chances to us yesterday that we should have hammered them.

The rest of the league this season has predominantly been cannon fodder given COVID, downsizing etc, Hibs maybe the only team who have improved but we have been so poor we couldn’t even beat a lot of them.

A good manager/ head coach and some smart business in the transfer market for a change and I think we can turn this around next year. There will be big player turnover but if you were a decent coach you would surely fancy the job if given a bit of cash to spend which shouldn’t be out of the question, given the likely money that will be brought in from player sales.

A chance to shape your own team with players you want so they can be brought in to suit your tactics and playing style. It’s also a chance to take a name scalp in Gerrard (as a player rather than a manager) as this will get attention from UK media due to their fanfare with him. Also if you can win the league a guaranteed crack at CL proper next year.

To me when you look under the big points gap in the league this year, there’s plenty to sell to an up and coming manager/ Head Coach.

Mickmac likes this.
  9. Onefootwonder

Looking at the positives of the last two games against them. We've opened them up with ease and created more than enough chances to win both games at a canter and they've created little.

We look comfortable defending against them from open play. It is the corners and free kicks into our box that have caused us all the issues. It's bread and butter defending that we've been failing at all season. We shouldn't be leaking goals like we do.

10. wulliebad

Missed the first 20 mins of the game and i meant to ask....was there a guard of honour before the game. What did the club decide.

11. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Nope. Just decided to gift them a goal instead..

12. Dip 'n' Swerve

Hopefully a few think the same as me....

1. This team came out in the second half with no drive to win the game, no press, no fight in 50/50 balls - a game with the flopflops on - this comes from the manager what was said in the changing room before and half time, lennon or kennedy cannot get the players riled up, you shouldn't need to!!

2. you don't need any coaching badge to put men on the post - we constantly lose goals with no men on the post - it is a joke. I would also show the goal today during training and give Kenny a drilling for a feeble attempt at marking morelos, he let him go for someone else to deal with - that is a joke for a professional footballer!

3. Subs - no words needed why not throw griff on at half time or before 60 mins, throw the kitchen sink - the only time this season you have no fear about the result

4. attacking corners - the guru kennedy?!! we didn't even mix it up try a short corner to create a 2 v 1 - simply hit it in and hope for a header. do they not work on set pieces during the week?!!

5. Mc gregor has became lennon, he offers very little - his shooting is terrible and inside the box he doesn't create, he isn't a starter in my celtic 11 going forward.

6. turnbull coming off results in the team falling into old habits.

7. moi has been a waste, move on rogic, bitton, polish paddy on loan, sell Christie. could ntcham come back with his tail between his legs and impress a new manager?

8. Laxalt and welsh - the only two players to show something - laxalt I would buy if we get a good deal - he needs to stop giving away cheap free kicks but I think he can develop under a good coach when he is on form he plays well.

9. Christie offers 0 - gives the ball away a * of a lot, never accepts blame

10. what happened ajeiti yday?

11. Would like to see more of Bayo

12. A shame about toney he is banging them in for Brentford.

13. Bain?! got away with one with that kick out.

14. No win against them in so many game 3/4 games?

15. poor finishing as usual.

any manager with fresh ideas, can get the players to be hungry and show passion as we are at wits end with this team.

13. Dip 'n' Swerve

guard the posts from corners !
    Kenny is useless - no left foot, sideways and backwards passes.
    give me coleman over him anyday - at this rate id take back lustig

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

failure to be cut throat this season is a joke, if we had that games against killie, hibs, Aberdeen etc we could still be in with a shout

the amount of opportunities diminish in Europe and qualifying - if we cant kill teams in Scotland then we struggle in these European games - we tinker about too much we need to be more clinical - work on attacking corners and cross balls. one moment yesterday mc gregor went for a shot when the opportunity to pass to eddie was the better option.

we get head staggers in the box.

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

#

bring on usain bolt if you want pace - we want footballers who aren't pushed about, have tight control and clinical in front of goal. toney would have been ideal looking at the season he has had.

griff needs to be loved by the management - he isn't feeling the vibes. why not start with 2 strikers fs - moi and Christie didn't offer * all would have been better playing 4-3-3 with eddie, griff and polish paddy or ajeti up top.

cant wait for the cup run :-0

16. Larsson 7

The last two against them only goes to show that they are far from this all conquering force that the media and pundits are so desperate to portray them.

At Ibrox In January it was a mistake on our part from Nir (he got a hard time for his performance but I thought he was outstanding up to that point, out of position) and the incredible luck they have had all season whereby they win one nil without having a shot on target (what the absolute *?!!!). The all conquering superstars that they are couldn't even hit the target with a man advantage for half an hour against a Celtic side who couldn't keep the ball out of our net all season.

Yesterday we should have thumped them. Again missing a bag full and also another mistake to gift them an unnecessary corner. They are bang average, just well organised and riding the crest of a luck wave like I've never seen.

Any tactically aware manager will come in and take that title back in my opinion, and put manners on those deluded head cases!

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Thought Moi played well yesterday.

MagicBallBhoy, The_Bhoy and NomDePlum like this.
  18. Dip 'n' Swerve

he score a goal and that was it - he goes missing for 80% of a game - this season we have had so many passengers in games - no match winner, no players to shout at others and push them on during the game, someone the likes of paul lambert, keane, Viera has within them. brown to get man of the match was mind boggling also.

what else did he do in the game?
    He never drives past players
    he does not deliver a good cross
    he rarely tracks back
    if we sign him LT it would be a bad call - but we are good at that - yesterday ajeti and barkas not within the team - that is some serious coin being wasted

id have that slavia left winger all day long over him - stanciu.

for me it has been a failed second loan spell - what second loan spell is usually a good outcome, and mikey j isn't the answer either.

we have failed so many times this year in getting the balls down the wing and crossing with any conviction - the last time we did that was with KT.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Still cannot believe we did not win that game yesterday. I was absolutely gutted at the final whistle that we did not win that. The amount of good chances and situations we missed was unreal. The latest "honest mistake" should never have even remotely been an issue.

20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Still find it weird that Odsonne crossed the ball into the box from the wing and a midfielder scored, it’s almost like eddy doesn’t know that its meant to be him thats in the box scoring, either that or he’s seen too many attempted crosses from taylor and frimpong and thought * it i’ll do it myself