1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not happening. He doesn't give a * and he's not at games to be personally insulted or slagged off. Needs to get so far to *.

seanm, The Phoenix and john2061 like this.
  2. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    hahahaha post deleted, i see i am several hours too late regarding the "statement"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    seanm likes this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Completely agree.

However, I hope this is the moment we start fighting fire with fire. I hope this is the first of many childish tweets about those *. I hope it's the start of us calling out wanks across the board - the huns, the SFA, anyone or any organisation that drag our name through the gutter or talk absolute pish about us. I want us to query the huns' European license granted by the SFA based on FFP rules.

We've all been shouting about our club growing a spine. I hope this is the start.

scuzzy and seanm like this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Must be season ticket time the * have come up for air.. gutless * have been hiding all season and erected fences and set cops on us..

Fooling nobody..

Get a * manager sorted..

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Dont know why Bhoys and Ghirls are gettin bent outta shape over a wee snipe.

I loved it. The fact that it has Huns frothing when they should be celebrating is a win for me.

Secondly, like * did anyone on the board write it, or indeed sanction it.

The absentee landlords aren't climbing out if their Tory holes to address/defend the fans until they have a carrot to placate with.

.... let me rephrase...

Until they "think" to they have a carrot.

6. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    hen your major shareholder talks about their great history and traditions, and that he missed them and the rivalry when they weren’t in the premier league then I’ll take their little sly comments on social media with a pinch of salt
    This all sounds like sour grapes
    Why no comments when they go on about 55
    Why no digs when we were doing treble after treble
    Why was nothing done about fans paying for a rigged game
    Why no action when the * trash our stadium
    Why the silence on jock stein slurs
    Because despite this sore losers comment deep down they are glad rangers are back despite all the baggage that goes with them and will continue to perpetuate the myth that they believe rangers to be a 10 year old team despite coining it in with the ‘old firm’ history

Hammy89, seanm and Artorias like this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I enjoyed the oneclubsince1888 hashtag. Infact we should have that under every tweet we ever make. Even game commentary. Get it up them.

Cringer67 likes this.
  8. Cringer67

The hordes of orcs across Mordor are absolutely foaming at the mouth at the tweet which is excellent. Its a start guys. We now need to see some action from them and take back what's ours pronto.

seanm likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    This is the start of the media campaign to get season ticket sales.

Wonder when they will do a statement for the review that’s nearly two months overdue.

10. seanm

* our board tory *.useless.HH

11. seanm

And the quadruple treble emblem on every single piece of merchandise so the hun * see it in their sleep.HH

12. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah and the 10 in a...wait never mind

seanm likes this.
  13. jambo_cfc

Hoopsman brian on twitter saying

Following a lengthy interview process, a deal has been agreed for a new technical director/director of football. Details to be released in the near future #HoopsmanUpSideYaHead #BriSquad

dunno how reliable but seems to know few things here and there

seanm likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think he's very unreliable

seanm and martin_d like this.
  15. scootz

Loved the ‘not half of anything’ tweet... and then got a compete riddy when I learned that the club had trademarked the ‘old firm’ tag... and had just renewed it!

Don’t care what income it brings in - bin it!

:(

seanm and Smithy like this.
  16. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    He'd love to get out of Celtic, he has little/no interest in it. Problem is not exactly a queue forming to write him a cheque to buy him out. Like most Irish football fans, probably checks the Man U and Liverpool results first

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If they are smart they will pump thirty million into the squad before anybody is sold as the who ever wins league is automatic qualification for cl and make the money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve had major problems with Lawwell, but when I think of us as a fanbase, first ‘board’ I can remember was Fergus.

We booed him after stopping their ten, we booed Quinn after winning a treble.

Lawwell’s the most successful ever, stat wise. Is everybody confident; we’ll get better without him?

19. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    This is a really good point. Lawell does a better than good job when he does what he's good at. Controlling the money side, commercial etc.

What he's not good at is playing FM with the playing side and thinking he knows better than the manager, example BR a prime example.

He has the right to be cautious, but the choice of player should always be down to the manager, as the buck stops with him regarding results.

PL had to much power with who came in and who went out for any decent manager to work under. We will have to wait and see what the new guy is like. Hopefully we won't be looking back in a few years and saying. That wouldn't have happened with PL in charge.

20. murphy88

I look at it completely differently regarding Lawwell to be honest. I think about how much he has cost us by penny pinching. He has been the most successful in terms of trophies because in all honesty, he has had the easiest run of things compared to others. We had basically no real competition for years domestically. One of the main reasons the trophy haul is so large though is because the appointment of Rodgers, which I'm not convinced was his decision. Not buying a striker in Strachan's last season cost us the league, the fighting over a couple of hundred grand cost us the signing of McGinn and ultimately was the beginning of the end for Rodgers, not backing Deila going into the crucial Champions League qualifier against Maribor, not backing Rodgers going into the games against AEK, all potentially costing us tens of millions. Instead of bringing in players to get us into the Champions League, he played Russian Roulette and waited to see what happened with the qualifiers, and look where it has got us now. Any man worth his salt in his position would have had us light years ahead of the huns at this point, instead as things stand, we are actually worse. He is a rat who should have been turfed years ago when he was happy to "give a section of our support enough rope to hang themselves." He has been happy to sit back and see his pay packet go up, whilst trying to drive the fans expectations down.

Lewis Kerr, Rydo1888*, JML67 and 4 others like this.