1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fair going, haven't looked at anything for him but I'd still stand by getting him out on loan to a stronger league, if he is a technical player might be that he doesn't fit that kind of football.

Stats by transfermarkt have him as having missed only 1 game since he joined started 6 and subbed on twice and most he is playing 60+mins a few shorter as well in 2 later subs but stats are just stats, Doenst say how well he did

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Well first of all good experienced goalie could get joe Louis for decent price dependable keeper I’d take a photo t on nisbet from hibs for a striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. snoogins

I'd rather Siegrist at United tbh. Probably the best keep in the league outside of McGregor and Lewis hasn't really been on top form for the past 2-3 seasons. Plus, Siegrist is 29 whereas Lewis is 33 going on 34 and you know we won't fork out money for someone that age

littlekennie likes this.
  4. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Agree on Siegrist, if we’re looking at our own league - easily the best in Scotland outside McGregor.

However, I’d actually rather go south and get Marshall than take anyone from the Scottish Prem.
    Capable, experienced, composed in big moments, and would give it his all for this club. Potentially even captain or vice-captain material.

For me, he was the man to go for last summer, when it became clear that Forster wouldn’t sign. Was available on a free at the time, too. Unbelievable that we took Barkas instead, tbh.

eire4 and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd rather neither, Lewis is no better than what we have and siegrist has been decent for United but has also had his share of * games as well, pretty sure he was at fault for 2 of the goals the huns scored against them the other week.

I'd rather see Barkas have a run till the end of the season and if he's no up for it there will be other options better than Scottish league options

Going off contracts expiring (transfermarkt data)

Vaclik the Czech international from sevilla
    Dmitrovic the Serbian from eibar
    Sergio romeo could be worth a poo but probably far to high on wages
    Begovic probably a bit passed it
    John ruddy the wolves number 2 but that's a lower pick I'd want better
    Drommel 24year old Dutch youth keeper plays for fc twente

Those all those would be available on a free it would be a challenge to get them but none seem completely unrealistic, Dmitrovic is apparently only on 14k which is very much our range, Vaclik on 30k ish so a bit heavier, romero 50k right now apparently and is probably the least realistic on this list I've got here, even with an expected drop it would be well under half we could offer.

Drommel is on a 1k salary according to salarysport. Com so would be easy enough to offer cash for him

Barkas is supposedly on 13.5k from the quick google for reference

6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Just wanted to write about Tomas Vaclik too. Good keeper, soon 32 so still some good years left and his contract ends in the summer. Was number one in his first two seasons but this he's number two behind Yassine Bounou. If we had a proper scouting they should know these guys... If we only had.

7. Foley1888

Has Vaclik not had a terrible time of it with knee injuries?

Drommel has made it clear he wants to leave but has a year option so wouldn’t be free. There is talk he may go to Ajax.

Begovic would be a good shout for us I think, a solid dependable goalkeeper that could still offer us a couple of seasons at least.

8. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thibk it was an injury that led to him losing his position then the other boy was doing well so kept it. At 32 he should have plenty left in him.

Still, wouldn't be expensive even if they had an option, ajax with oanna being suspended for doping are in need so could be competition for goalies.

A couple year ago I would have said aye for begovic, but I'm not sure, think he's lost it a bit, hasn't been that great since he was dropped at Bournemouth but I wouldn't be to disappointed if we did get him, he was a talented goalie.

9. john2061

I have seen highlights of the Scottish League games this year and the two who stand out for me are Liam Kelly Motherwell keeper had a great game against Celtic and used to be a zombie player so don't know if that's against him and big cuthrie of Livingston a centre half and very dominant in the air .

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green

It only appears ‘unbelievable’ now....I think you’ll find that throughout the summer people were laughing at the Marshall free transfer link and the support almost unanimously wanted the 26 year old Greek International goalkeeper who had previously been linked to Roma and Porto if we couldn’t entice Forster. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

ArturBorucCSC, The_Bhoy and honda like this.
  11. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    ...and I think you'll find that I was in a minority calling for Marshall and being ridiculed.

12. Goggzy60

Liam Kelly is a Celtic fan for what it’s worth

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hindsight is always 20 20 but if we had an equal shot at Marshall last summer and Barkas and chose Barkas over Marshall that was a ridiculous decision. Now I don't know if Marshall was genuinely open to coming back to us and wages were not an issue etc but if all things were equal and we could have taken either then taking Marshall should have been a no brainer.

martin_d likes this.
  14. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Suggestion- Bah from Slavia thought he looked great at rightback against Leicester kept Barnes quiet and looking great again against the huns tonight....slavia paid 1.5m for him in January why we not all over these types

15. Foley1888

There are so many players like Bah kicking around the Scandinavian, Belgium outside the top teams, Dutch outside the top teams and other Central European markets such as Austria and Czech Republic.

You would think it would be perfect for us to scout these markets rather than constantly looking to England, given the better value they offer.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Dutch is a hit and miss I think, that league is one of the least physical leagues, ours is one of the most.

But scout properly, we get a Van Dijk.

We need to make sure the players that want a bigger stage, the ones that have the ambition to go to the top like Van Dijk, we can offer them that stage. Porto has done it for years, we need to put ourselves in that position.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. CountyDownFaithful

Record reporting that Marciano has turned down a contract extension which might interest Celtic.

18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's *. He is not an answer and is no better than what we have

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Pearse67*

Marciano is worse than bain ffs.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He's proper gash. We need a quality keeper, not a passable one (not sure Marcia no is even that). It's one of the reasons we have done badly in Europe by thinking aye its okay to have Bain or Gordon in goal.

Hammy89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.