1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens now...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Mar 7, 2021.

Discuss What happens now... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Diggler

All the talk of selling half the team is crazy. Of course Edouard, Christie and Ajer will go and Laxalt, Duffy, Kenny and Elyonoussi return to their clubs but it makes zero sense to then talk about shifting Bain, Taylor, Bitton, Brown, Rogic and Griffiths. They could and would be decent options from the bench. Indeed I think Taylor gets such a hard time as to be ridiculous. He is a decent player and young with plenty of time to develop. The spine of the team is there for next season- a good manager and some decent recruitment and we will be fine.

New GK

New RB
    Julien(Welsh until he returns)
    New CB
    Taylor

Soro
    McGregor
    Turnbull

Forrest
    New ST(Ajeti if he gets the chance maybe)
    Johnston(huge talent who if he stays fit would be a big player as he develops)

Keeping guys like those mentioned above should help supplement the new guys. But there is no doubt a decent spine remains. We need the right man to come in and help take these guys to the level they are capable of.

broonieboy likes this.
  2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We wait till Mckay is in then get a DOF who then brings in the new Manager. By this time we are already to late to bring players in & out the CL. It's the Celtic way don't you know :31::31:

James Mc, Moore and Hammy89 like this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

So we should keep some of the players who’ve let us down all season?

Griffiths hasn’t bothered to get himself fit - he’s a waste of space as far as I’m concerned.

Brown? Let the man retire with some dignity. His ability has regressed now to the point he isn’t good enough for us.

Rogic is the definition of a passenger. Produces a moment of magic once or twice a season now to make everyone think he’s back to his best. In truth, he hasn’t kicked a ball since Rodgers first season.

Bitton - NO!

We need a complete clear out.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Brown is finished, there is no point in offering him a new deal at all.

Taylor is ducking rank rotten and is back up at Best. Bitton is utter * as well! Well over due for him to * leave. Absolute bomb scare.

Rogic can’t last 90 minutes and we should have sold him before this.

Griff I agree with.

MJ is made of glass and we have been saying for the last 2/3 years he will be the next big thing but he has spent more time in the physios room than on the pitch.

Selling most of the dross would be fantastic but I can’t see it happening.

the issue being our new chief won’t be doing anything until the 1st of July. Will we even have a manager in by this point?

The European qualifying games, season starting and then we will get the old excuses oh we tried, etc and we have a good core of players etc.

The club are in trouble regarding our playing squad it’s full of absolute *

stubhoy07 likes this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

Brown has to be part of the clear out. Hopefully that will be evident to a new manager.

Lennon and now Kennedy are picking him based on experience when it’s clear he isn’t good enough anymore.

That sentimentality is poisonous. No more old pals act. The best man for each job/position is the only way forward - based on current ability, not what they achieved years ago or how much of a Celtic man they are.

bhoy81 and The Phoenix like this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Good tae see you back on the forum mate. :50: :67: :yeah:

Free the Adblock and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Cheers mate appreciate it. :50:

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We won't see a new manager until after all games are concluded. Wont see a new DoF until then either and our new chief executive won't even be in the door.

Its a shambles and getting rid of lennon was only the first step. We have just over 100 days or so till qualifiers begin and realistically I wouldn't expect any movement on the manager front till at least 50 days before then.

We should have got someone in mid January at the latest but once again are approaching it the complete wrong way and will pay for it. Again.

The pendulum has swung and I don't see it swinging back for a time yet unless we get things seriously right at the first time of asking. Would anyone trust us to?

I don't.

9. Foley1888

I don’t think many will remain being honest. Hazard, O’Connor, Taylor, Welsh, Julien, Soro, Turnbull, McGregor, Connell, Robertson Forrest, Johnston, Klimala, Ajeti or Griffiths and I reckon the majority of the rest will be for the off.

So will need a new GK, RB x2, LB, CBx3, DCM, CM, AM, RW, LW and ST x3. A fair few of these will likely be like Shaw and Joseph that has been signed and linked but will still be a big turnover in the squad. Even if Brown stays on it has to be a much reduced role as you can see his legs don’t take him to where his head is telling him now.

10. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Fair enough!

HTG likes this.
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think people are off their rocker if they think we will be bringing in 10/15 players in the summer. I don't even think we need that anyway. We need to give a few of the younger players a chance and a manager in place who will get to bring in his players all the while using what's there. I expect ajer edoaurd Christie Kenny ely laxalt all gone.

..............................barkas.............................
    ...........O'Connor Welsh jullien Taylor...........
    ........................soro mcgregor............................... Forrest..........Turnbull.........Johnson .....................
    ................................ajeti.....................................

Centre half/ left back/right back/ striker.. necessary . I'd rather we didn't continue to throw money at *. No one over 25 should be bought also. And no more than two loans that have to be different level and no longer papering over cracks

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

broonieboy and NomDePlum like this.
  12. made in ireland

That team is horrendous

JC Anton likes this.
  13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    * me man this hurts more than i remember

Artorias likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Barkas is pish, so we need a GK
    Jullien won't be fit for the start of the season so we need 2 x CBs, arguably 3 maybe even 4 if Bitton and Ajer leave.
    We have no RBs, nothing to say O'Connor will make it here we've not seen him so who knows. So 2 x RBs.
    Taylor decent cover but limited so there's another 2.

McGregor, Soro, Turnbull and some untested youth players, so aye we need to strengthen there.

Forrest, Johnston are our only wingers so probably need another 2 or 3 widemen.

Edouard gone, Griffiths unreliable and Ajeti has made no impact whatsoever.. So aye at least 2 STs needed. Klimala unlikely making it here either.. But would keep him as he has something.

Add in new coaching team etc..

The rebuild is big.

Gyp Rosetti and Dublin Celt like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not sure about that mate, I think we'll take action before McKay takes the helm and he will be involved in that decision.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m more concerned about how long it’ll take us to bring in a new manager tbh.

17. Mr Diggler

Griffiths is an enigma. Is he worth keeping? Well under the right manager he would be a good option off the bench or if switching to two up top.

Brown is still worth a one year deal in my opinion. Not good enough anymore to start but more than good enough to be used as a squad player.

Rogic will probably leave but again under the right boss he has a lot to offer. Injuries have caught up with him but if it was me and he was happy to stay it would be a no brainer to have him in the squad.

Bitton is never a centre back. I can't understand for the life of me why he isn't used much more in midfield. In there again a no brainer to have in and around the squad.

A complete clear out is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 4 quality first team players would transform that team. A good centre back and right back with an excellent striker to replace Edouard. And a goalkeeper of some quality. Maybe someone akin to David Marshall who has been mentioned and who is solid as a rock.

Taz likes this.
  18. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    In sure the board gave kennedy telt hrs the man so check that off

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That team is a start. Got to start somewhere.

Agree with @Dublin Celt we have to start with what we have and build from there. We should be looking to replace them all but with buying young talent in and taking it from there.

I'd get rid of Barkas though and start with Hazard.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

if we are indeed going for a d.o.f. get him in and the new manager this * week,every * thing these * do turns out to be a saga (apart from selling our best players which can happen in an instant)