1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens now...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Mar 7, 2021.

Discuss What happens now... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't expect any quick appointments or decisions. Nothing about this board would encourage me to believe anything decisive will happen. We will * about and hear the usual soundbites about taking our time to get the right man. We ain't getting a 'high quality coach/manager' and I think it will be a hugely underwhelming appointment. I really,really really hope to * I'm wrong but that's how it feels at the moment. Our board have let things get to the stage where it is impossible, for me at any rate, to see even one single positive going into next season. Shame on them all.

2. shieldsybhoy

Is he better than Bain?

3. The Dude

We forget everything that has happened in the past ten years; it means nothing going forward.

seanm likes this.
  4. shieldsybhoy

100% - absolutely no chance we are getting a decent name in.

Im consigned to Kennedy or Jack Ross.

seanm likes this.
  5. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Would rather Jack Ross. Or even Jack * Reacher

Moore likes this.
  6. celticfife

Anyone who thinks that this is the end of this awful run is kidding themselves.

What happens next is Lawwell will sort out his pal Brown who will be given another deal he isn't anywhere near worth and then begins the great exodus of players for well below their value.

Following this will be a period of DD going through his little black book looking for one of his pals to take over as manager.

This club needs new blood, it's so stale from top to bottom is crazy. An entire new coaching team needs to be put in place, new players brought in and any player who wants a move should be shipped out, for far too long Celtic have held on to players who don't want to be here. Add to that a new scouting system as the one we've had in place in the last number of years is nothing short of a disgrace, shotgun signings at it's best.

seanm and john2061 like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We dust ourselves down and press refresh.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What's vitally important here is for the fans to show our disgust at the * show that was allowed happen this season as soon as we can get back into Paradise-how to send a really poignant message I'm not completely sure of though. I'm lucky being from Ireland that I don't have to put up with the gloating from those * - my sympathy to all Glaswegians from the right part of the city.

seanm likes this.
  9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    As much as it pains me to say it, they have deserved their title win, regardless of circumstances and crowds etc. It was ours for the taking and we failed on every level.

Need a reset, reboot and a resurgence of energy. I still firmly believe desmond is no mug, he is playing his cards close to his chest and we will see a change that we need.

This day is theirs to celebrate. From then on hopefully...we start to make our mark and remind everyone we will be back stronger.

10. Larsson 7

Losing the title is one thing, but to do it the manner we have, with everything that was at stake this season, is unforgivable. Absolute shambles.

Praying for some ambition from the board with a big name, but expecting disappointment.

Sad stuff!

11. oh bhoy

The board should congratulate sevco for their first ever title win

Creativecelt and seanm like this.
  12. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    I think most people are forgetting we still have to play them twice more. Maybe even 3 times if the SC goes ahead and we draw them in that.

Unless our board do something right fecking now. Today could well just be the foreplay, to us getting right shafted from this mob until May......

Wee Baldy, seanm and Artorias like this.
  13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

* all.

Nothing will happen now. We will stumble on to the seasons end in the same manner we have until now. The new * of a ceo will come in on July 1st and we will make cheap managerial appointments and make a half arsed attempt at rebuilding the squad. We will cite difficulties in making appointments/ signings when there's been a major tournament on and financial restrictions due to covid. We will be out of europe before the summers over and claim we struggle to attract top players without the carrot of European football.

We will, likely, not win the league next season. The huns will probably be on 3 in a row before we can even think about it again, unless Desmond and his cohorts go and pass control of the club onto people who actually care.

mayo and seanm like this.
  14. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Dermot Desmond is a * rat * *. He cares more for horse racing and playing golf than he does celtic. The only time he has shown any significant interest is when he first obtained the majority shareholding and appointed O'Neil, acting Billy big baws. Then when he was personally insulted by the hun directors and appointed Rodgers, massaging his poor wee billionaire ego.

Dermot Desmond, ffs. A cancer at the club. Needs chased with torches and pitchforks.

mayo, The Phoenix, oh bhoy and 2 others like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sell every * bar ajer soro and Turnbull.

Literally the rest of them can just * off already.
    Some I think have had a hard time (Barkas and Ajeti) but at this point I'm just * sick of it all.
    These three are the only three to actually put an effort in almost every game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm and Rydo1888* like this.
  16. seanm

* bang on .HH

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This... but by jaysus do we need a rebuild and leadership. Our board have been hiding all * season, its time ta * step up...

Thank * I live I Dublin and not hun * in sight, feel for you lads that have to face these mutants on a daily basis..

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Massive Rebuild coming from top to bottom.

Time to move on from this season and reclaim our championship

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm taking it as * happens and its been a strange year. Normality shall resume next season.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We rebuild and go again. We have known this for months so it shouldn’t be a big shock because Rangers won the league today.

Time to get away from all the pals act stuff. No hiring managers because they are Celtic men or know the city. No giving Brown a new deal because “he’s giving so much for Celtic”.

New CEO coming in, New manager will be coming and a heap of new players. Instead of fearing whats ahead let’s look forward to a fresh start and getting our trophy’s back.