1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Need to go all out and get the best manager for the job in the here and now.

Need to put the Huns back in there place ASAP.

Top Manager
    Top DOF
    Effective Recruitment

We’ve got the money to make it happen and Rodgers era proves the more money you invest in a manager, the more success you will have and the higher the revenue will be.

Tommy25, 76mark and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We need to make a huge statement

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Get the manager announced on their trophy day and ruin their day, like we did with Rodgers.

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’m hoping the huns out partying shames the board into getting their finger out

Big couple of games coming up for Kennedy, we’ll soon see what he’s made of.

Rydo1888* and 76mark like this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

i suspect the management team is already in place.

When it is announced is another story

6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I think so too mate, no manager will want to come in and have a league defeat on their record. Soon as the last baw is kicked we should announce it though, and start building the momentum.

7. DonnyCelt

As soon as the league is officially lost imo. So by 14:00 tomorrow.

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Sooner they're announced the better

seanm, Sgt Neppers* and DonnyCelt like this.
  9. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I'm * sickened get a manager in and get the feel good factor around the place again

10. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I do drop into this thread now and again but why bother, we get what we get, when we get it. Up till then it’s fantasy manager tbh. Biscuit tin anyone.....:green:

seanm likes this.
  11. SuperZidane

I hope you're right mate and they are waiting until the league is done or Trophy day to announce.

I really thought that, as the league was done, that they had decided to let Lennon see out the season and were working on a successor to jump straight in on June 1.

The only way that dumping Lennon made sense was if we had someone lined ready to come in preferably this season (once the league was officially lost) or, at the very least, on June 1. If they just panicked because of season ticket sales - that makes no sense - a lot of folk won't renew if there is a possibility of Kennedy getting it.

Even if the new guy(s) can't start until June 1 - we need an announcement asap to coincide with ST emails going out.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the board panicked because of season ticket sales, dumped Lennon, put Kennedy in and only then started to consider candidates for the role.

I hope to * I'm wrong but, as they have pretty much * everything else up this season, I really wouldn't put it past them.

seanm likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    One of Celtic podcasts (can't remember which one) said he took the huff and chucked it because he was told he wouldn't be there next season

13. SuperZidane

There's a lot of versions flying around mate. There is also a version that he was made a decent payoff offer and given the option to resign.

I'm aware that Lennon is arrogant and has actually been delusional this season bit I don't think he's daft enough to really believe that he would keep his job after this season. He said in Jan that, if the board wanted him to go, they would have to sack him. I do believe that he thought (as I did) - that they would just keep him in place until May.

Personally, I think he's finished as a manager (other than at a low level maybe) but it looks better to resign than be sacked.

I don't believe myself that he chucked it - I think that the board made the decision and made him an offer which he accepted.

That's why I'm * off with them - IMO, they should either have dumped him in November and brought someone in (or given Kennedy a decent opportunity) or let him see the season out.

In any case, they should already have been considering candidates for next season. If we hear nothing until June - we'll know that there was no planning involved - as per usual.

seanm likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    After seeing all the * * they done yesterday it really hit home how gutted and sick I feel regarding what happened this season! It’s been a * nightmare.

Th zombie * are lapping it up, with the MSM all over Scotland, England etc and it’s * embarrassing the way they are * falling over slippy!

We need to make sure we get someone in who is going to take us forward and not another sideward step or a step back which I feel it going to happen.

The club are always reactive and never proactive and it’s absolute neglect of duty from DD and the others.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  15. Sgt Neppers*

It's been a horrible season. Genuinely nothing good has happened. Can't include the SC as that was last season. It's not over yet either. Potentially lose the league at home to the vermin as well, SC starting again which just prolongs the total malaise and gloom hanging over us.

The board need to have masterplan with quality appointments in the right roles. As it stands, we're already chasing next season. The board are also due us, the fans it and some. They cannot do this cheaply or half heartedly. Unfortunately I think they are going wait to announce this as a counter to the huns celebrations. Absolutely at a loss to how we have spectacularly we have * this season.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  16. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Watching them lapping it up makes me even more angry with those trusted with running our club. The Huns cant believe that we folded so meekly and gave them a get out of jail card. This is an absolutely critical time for us and we shouldn’t be sitting about till June waiting on the new CEO taking over and searching for a new manager, coz that’l be next season gone too. If we’re serious about reclaiming top dog status, get the money paid to the SRU to release him from the contract now and get the structure in place to hit the ground running. We need to see some serious shoots of recovery.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Said it a few times now... But I live in hope that the current board will know, as was the stark difference in revenues under Ronnie compared to Rodgers, aside from covid, what this monumental level of fuckery is going to mean for fans spending.

The new ceo is going to want to separate himself from all this as well surely....

18. oh bhoy

even if they appoint klopp or pep or whoever it aint gonna gloss over the fact they handed the title away,aye that * lawwell will be gone but what about the rest of them that overseen what i consider to be the most shambolic season in living memory

seanm and The Phoenix like this.
  19. Harry Caray

So glad I came off social media last year so I don't need to witness all their *

seanm likes this.
  20. Ak1

Been lots of criticism of candidates like Moyes, McCarthy and other long in the tooth, in this and previous threads about who gets the job permanently.

I always think back to Martin O’Neill when he was at Leicester.
    His team at Filbert street, were one of the most dour in EPL history. With lumping up to Heskey, and feeding of scraps being the primary tactic.

O’Neill did brilliantly for us, and with McCarthy and Moyes both having a renaissance this season, maybe we are too quick to prioritise a playing style over other managerial qualities