1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    404 appearances 90 goals. Hope he gets the chances to increase both those stats.

2. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Great player against all the teams below Sevco domestically but we should be looking for better than Forrest in Europe & against Sevco going forward at RW

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  3. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He 100% will have lost the pace he once had between 17-28, it's called getting older, pace has always been his main asset in beating his man, he's not got a box of tricks up his sleeve after that, I agree it's time to look for another RW option. Great player to have around for the squad though, similar to Griffiths being a great squad striker as well behind the main striker

4. jj81

What you say is true , I hope you do agree that rogic ( never had pace ) and gonna be a year older will lose some of his too?

And yes rogic isn't a winger , but turning up for 10 games a season doesn't really cut the mustard does it ?

Bayern Bru likes this.
  5. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    you think we would be in this position if shooders was playing this season?

6. jj81

Aye we would 100%

Shooders lol .......

Bayern Bru likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I actually wonder how much of Celtic and Forrest in particular you watch. You literally could not be more wrong about Forrest if you tried.

I mean you’re not just wrong, you actually describe him as the absolute opposite of what he is and does. It’s quite impressive how you done that.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Forrest hasn’t relied on pace for years. He has a tremendous first touch, he links play so well, makes great runs off the ball and is seriously productive in both goals and assists.

* astounds me when people can’t see this.

9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    See the amount of different skills Paddy Roberts used to have to beat his man? Forrest doesn't have that, his main go to is knocking the ball forward & sprinting to the ball first for the cross, failing that, he'll just pass backwards in the wide area more often than not, because he doesn't have much else up his sleeve to beat his man 1v1 as I've said.

Bayern Bru likes this.
  10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm on the fence with Rogic, I still feel he can be a top player under the right manager, he still has outstanding technical ability not many others match, besides Eddy perhaps. Whenever Rogic plays in Europe & Sevco fixtures I always feel he's comfortable when the level of opposition steps up, he still remains calm in possession, too many others don't in those games imo.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’ll be Paddy Roberts who watched Forrest from the bench aye?

Who gives a * if he can do a few step overs. He scores goals and makes goals consistently and has done for many years now.

What’s the skilful Paddy Roberts up to these days?

HoopyT likes this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Paddy Roberts was picked in plenty European & Sevco fixtures ahead of Forrest under Brendan, mainly because Forrest is posted missing in far too many, he was only dropped to the bench indefinitely for Forrest after making it clear he did not wish to continue his career at Celtic after his loan ended.

Paddy was doing well in Scotland with us, got goals & assists fairly regularly, aye fair enough it's not worked out for him outside of Celtic but who's to say Forrest would have done any better given the vast majority of his European, Sevco & Scotland performances/stats when the standard of opposition is raised?

I don't reckon Forrest would be doing much better outside of Scotland personally, great consistent player against all the teams below the huns, but above that, far too often he doesn't turn up.

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Wee man still getting it and he’s no even played, you still think Bitton is a better CB than ajer

14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Last season, the Jullien & Bitton CB partnership at Ibrox strolled it & were solid together, then in the two following games against them at Hampden & Celtic Park, Ajer was all over the place, I was merely pointing that out last season.

Ajer was also at fault for a lot of goals last season, home to Hamilton/Lazio/Copenhagen, away to Rennes/Hibs, he had many bombscare moments.

He's been a lot better this year though, although he's still been part of a shambolic defence regardless.

15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Are you Lubomir Moravcik on YouTube?

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Most underrated and under appreciated player at Celtic for * years. Some people are just blind mate

Sean Daleer, HoopyT and Boruc17 like this.
  17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Will be good to see him back he’s been sorely missed whether people can see it or not.

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The options Jamesy brings is astounding. He allows a lot of width and can play on the left or as a wing back. I think he will be put showing Clarke why he should be picked for the euros.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's no doubt we've missed him..

We lack width and pace. He brings us that..

We lack creativity and goals from wide player's coming in. He brings us that..

I've no doubt we would be a good few point's better off if we still had Forrest fit all season. I think that's fairly obvious to state..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Cliche as * but will be like a new signing. Wonder if he will be on the bench on Sunday or is it still to soon?