1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Just dont get the palaver with him.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I was saying that when he was here. Never seen it, oh my days *.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Same here...very little cutting edge.
    I remember posters on here after the cup final creaming over him...he did nothing in that game and was caught out several times including the penalty.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Cheeky wee *. Played a season and a half, the majority of it sub par, he has nowhere near enough credit in the bank to be coming out with the “fans can’t expect to win everything” garbage.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Lewis Kerr

If you look at what he says from the perspective of an outsider or someone who is uninvolved with the club in any way, he makes a seemingly valid point.

However, a player truly connected to the club though should have known the importance of this season. It seems like Frimpong and most of the squad just didn't get it when they needed to the most.

I'm not even bitter about his comments or the way he left. It's just disappointing.

5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I get what you’re saying, but also from a valid viewpoint irrespective of our club. Just football as a whole. To be the best, you cannot accept losing. And that’s exactly what jeremie has done and said there

martin_d and Big els like this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Ex Celtic players that have been interviewed on Open Goal ( the ones that I have seen) always say they struggled when then they moved to teams that weren't expected to win everyweek. They were so used to the winning mentality being at Celtic

Leone Naka Fan and martin_d like this.
  7. Onefootwonder

Frimpong would be used of not winning after this season.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seems some over the last two years won't have that issue - they all seem to be accepting that you don't and won't be expected to win every game.

There is a massive difference from being entitled to win, and simply expecting to play as if you want to win.

A winning mentality is key - of course some games you won't win, but you do not dust it off and say "ah well, maybe next time"
    You get back on the training ground and work your * off to improve yourself to try not let it happen again. It will happen again, of course it will, but the attitude needs to be determination to not let it happen.

It's almost like too many of the current players have accepted this "get a medal for taking part" mentality.

martin_d likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Well our now ex manager should have never let that kind of attitude seep in

martin_d and Peej like this.
  10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Not sticking up for Lennon guy was a * shambles from day 1 and glad to see the back of him, you could say our manager should never have let that seep in and definitely true but over the last 3 season s Liverpool went from champions league finalists, to champions league winners to English premiership winners losing about 2 games and leaving an excellent Man City team 20 points behind, klopp was the manager all through that so guys proved he’s a top drawer manager

this season okay lost VVD , but got a massive squad plus VVD played when villa pumped them 7-2 but it’s more or less the same players, same manager, yet teams like Burnley Brighton, villa Everton etc all beating them fairly easily and drawing with Fulham s, West Brom s, Newcastle, can hardly buy a goal

Not sticking up for players but maintaining the standard s of just winning everything 4 seasons on a trot is a massive winning mentality and a lot harder than people think to consistently keep that up, something eventually gives

11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    * absolutely despise that Liverpool’s downfall has coincided with ours. Gives lennon an out (although you said you’re not sticking up for him so this isn’t necessarily aimed at just you pal). But Liverpool are playing in a much better league. They don’t actually have a huge squad if you look at it. However that’s their own fault for not recruiting. Their defensive backup is * and that’s shown this year. There is nothing comparable with us and their demises at all

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Klopp burns his teams out it happened at Dortmund too.

martin_d likes this.
  13. Lewis Kerr

It doesn't give him an out at all. Klopp's Liverpool side were fantastic for years, since 2016 they reached 3 European finals winning 1 CL. They won the league last year and the season before that got to 97 points in 2nd just 1 point behind Man City.

Lennon piggy backed off a winning Rodgers side and almost * the league in his first full season before the huns bottled it. He failed to qualify for the CL against * for 2 years in a row. We limped out of Europe to an ordinary Copenhagen (our easiest knock over a decade). Then lost the 10 in the worst way imaginable and delivered one of our worst European campaigns in recent history.

martin_d likes this.
  14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Not being funny but this lad’s social media output since leaving has made me realise how much of a roaster he is, probably just sour grapes though lol.

15. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

Think he’d be frightening under Ange

16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    We should sign him.

:ange2:

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I actually dont think hes technically good enough.

His final baw was rotten. Moving forward we need full backs with end product. Not that Im saying Ralston is suddenly better than him, but Frimpong's glaring issue was his crossing ability for me.

Juranovic, for instance, his crossing looks quality and he takes Legia's set pieces. That is what we should be striving for.

18. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Totally agree 100%

19. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

Whilst I agree that on his form last year under the previous regime his end product was lacking I think Ange would be able to develop that side of his game. Even Ralston seems to be dangerous this season :56:

also I’m taking into account Kyogo as we now seem to have someone who makes himself available for balls across the 6 yard box rather than Edouard who normally can be found walking around the edge of the box. I think that would suit Frimpong’s ability to get to the byline.

I still would worry about him defensively however but he’d be a definite improvement

Mr Shelby likes this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd have expected him to slate Lennon, given what has been speculated (that Lennon had been harsh to him or ruined his progress). I guess there's no bad blood.