1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luke Mitchell

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by FU Media, May 10, 2007.

Discuss Luke Mitchell in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is this the same Nimmo smith who dealt with rangers case and the procurator fiscal who was involved with the Lockerbie bomber fiasco their hands are plenty dirty in other dodgy stuff ......do I think the cops are covering up for another killer no what I do think is the cops have bungled the investigation from get go and now the law of the land is doing their job to stop a huge pay out and embarrassment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cas79 likes this.
  2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Aye but they never watched the channel 5 documentary

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

There will always be the sensationalist folk in life who take mainstream telly as fact whereas other intelligent people look at all the facts.

Some people bury themselves into what they know and will never bend through emotion as opposed to any acceptance of logic, others will just be condescending with input of little value.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Raoul Duke and Twisty like this.
  4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Just for the record as well, there was lots of Luke’s DNA all over Jodi that night so all this stuff that the lack of his DNA is evidence he never done it is rubbish. There was an agreement in court between the crown and the defence that his DNA wasn’t admissible as he was in an intimate relationship with her and of course he would have Jodis DNA on him.

Davy927 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

At least we should all be able to agree on this. Watched him interviewing somebody once and never again. Guy is an utter * that appeals to the same type of folk that think reality tv isn't scripted as *.

The one I watched, he chopped and changed his views constantly to agree with the person he was interviewing. It was absolutely cringeworthy.

I keep meaning to look into this again but something else always pops up. Still agree with Scootz though. I just can't see how, if he was innocent, with one of the best, if not best, defence lawyers in the country, that he got found guilty and still to this day is seen as such.

scootz and Gioventu like this.
  6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Agree.

James English is a scum bag, whores himself out to give airtime to any daft agenda going just to chase fame. His Tommy Robinsons podcast says it all; tried to suck up and be his mate the whole time. Acts the hard man constantly as well, gives me the cringe.

7. Onefootwonder

The situation is getting out of hand. There is so many vocal people across websites and social media using dangerous and untrustworthy sources for their facts. False statements are being banded about freely and accepted as fact.

It's not right that people without the valid expertise, knowledge or facts can make so much damaging noise.

8. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Think I remember you posting earlier in the thread that you met Mitchell during his trial. Are you convinced he is guilty?

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What about the stories that the guy smoked dope and carried a knife, is this actually true ?

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There were traces of Mitchell’s DNA on Jodi’s bra and her DNA on his trousers.

Miniscule enough to be disregarded due to the fact they were boyfriend and girlfriend and had been together at school that morning. Nothing to do with writing off actual evidence, it would have been a nothing issue even if there was no agreement that it wasn’t taken into account.

greengrocer likes this.
  11. Onefootwonder

I was a witness in another case at the high court at the same time. It's probably not fair to judge him by his appearance, attitude or demeanour, but he was nothing like you'd expect a young guy to be when facing such accusations. Totally calm and void of any emotion. He wasn't phased by it at all. My memories of the time was he was guilty and it was conclusive.

Numerous times there has been documentaries and things in the press. Like the channel 5 one the other night they don't help. They are far too biased and get so many facts wrong. They end up whipping up a frenzy and often from people too impressionable.

Short of everyone going back and reading over 8 weeks of evidence(which nobody will do) then all the little headline snippets aren't useful. People read the snippets and make their own mind up. There will be lengthy debate in court behind all the key points that will probably take more sense when reading in full.

I don't think it's good for these things to be played out over social media.

honda and paulie walnuts like this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

In fairness mate, that would be half of Coatbridge suspects if that was grounds for a conviction.

But yes, that was fairly much accepted I believe.

The Prof likes this.
  13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Just sticking this on the now.

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    From the word go it was the typical witch hunt of the "satanist" pish.
    Flawed investigation from the get go.

Complete lack of evidence and tunnel vision suspect list.

Farcical trial by media

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  15. Onefootwonder

There was only 46 minutes between your posts for 2 hours of TV.

The channel 5 programmes were dreadful. Don't use that to add any more fuel to your opinion.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There's a reason why the Doc was shown on Ch5, other channels wouldn't have aired it, programmes of this nature really are the dregs.

Gioventu and scootz like this.
  17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    May very well have been.

But if the evidence there was correct it was nothing more than jail the goff
    Went through * like that myself at the time.
    Tunnel vision policing and also highly illegal to interview and strip a minor

One guy who carries a knife and 2 other guys one of which was her cousin.

For me time frame does not add up.
    Brutally slaughter someone, get cleaned up without any blood spatter anywhere?
    Na. It's an innocent for me and an early with hunt

Bayern Bru likes this.
  18. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

The path Jodi was murdered was closed on Saturday. Sexual assault happened in the area, not clear if it was on the path or the surrounding area as there are woods on either side.

19. Smithy

Turns out nothing actually happened after all. Weird.

20. Onefootwonder

The police have said no crime was committed.

Something must have happened to start the complaint and for the police to throw so much resources on to it.