1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    He speaks well. I really do think it's weird that he didn't know Lennon was going to resign. The biggest mistake Lennon made in his second spell was not having people he could trust in his team.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’s not entirely true though is it. A lot of defensive players turn out to be cavalier managers. In fact, generally, defensive players make better managers, probably because they need to organise more whereas forwards can rely on individual brilliance. Cesar, Mowbray (although unsuccessful) MON, Hay, Stein, all had to think deeply about the game as players, yet not all were pragmatic as managers.

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The biggest mistake Lennon made was thinking he was up to managing us.

Dalbeth3 and AdamRS like this.
  4. murphy88

You're missing my point. They can still be managers who have their teams playing with flair, but we aren't talking about a manager, Kennedy was a coach then an assistant. If he wasn't heavily involved in our defensive shape and set up I would be wondering why the * not. He could still set up the team to be brilliant going forward, but he should still be able to have us defending far better than we have done this season, because ultimately, if we defend how we have this season in future, it won't matter how good we are going forward. You simply cannot defend like amateurs and expect to win trophies.

5. Bunk Moreland

You lost this argument yesterday, why the * are you still in here banging on with this pish?

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    If i had spent my playing career as a defender & i was an assistant manager at a club that had defensive problems, i’d do my best to help.

I’m not sure if Kennedy has tried to help or not but we’ll see against the huns.

7. murphy88

Haha, lost what argument? It was a matter of opinions, neither of us are actually in the know. However, you were talking a fair amount of * in all honesty, but it is just a different opinion at the end of the day. It's clearly got to you though because you have been following me about the forum since it.

8. Bunk Moreland

He is not a defensive coach, never has been and never will be. What part of that is difficult to grasp?

Following you on the forum? And just how would that be possible? Please enlighten me, do I get alerts when you post on a thread or something so I can just jump in :56::56::56:

9. murphy88

So you categorically know that he takes nothing to do with the defensive set up?

After the defensive shambles at home to Malmo, here is quotes from Kennedy.

"I'm a large part of that," Kennedy told the Scotsman.

"I have to take as much responsibility as anyone for set-plays and being ready for them. I shoulder the blame for part of that.

"As we move on, we'll look to tweak things and improve. But zonal marking is something that's stood us in good stead in the past and we'll make sure if there are any problems, we'll fix them.

10. Bunk Moreland

He's still not a defensive coach......

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

What a semantic hill to die on.

He's a coach who in his own words was and is responsible for organising our defending at set plays which were pretty poor under Deila and laughably abysmal now.

murphy88 likes this.
  12. Bunk Moreland

Absolute pish

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Okay, John.

14. Bunk Moreland

Nae bother Neil

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:lenny2:

16. murphy88

:56::56:

You do realise I didn't actually say he was the defensive coach? I said I think he would have been a big part of our defensive set up, and Kennedy has previously held his hands up and took some of the responsibility for the conceding of goals from set pieces. You will know better though eh. That your * been handed to you again then aye?

17. murphy88

Another few quotes from Kennedy after Pat Bonner's claimed that the goals we have been losing from set pieces are down to slackness in training, taken from just last month.

“We’ve very hard at eradicating the problems and it’s something we’ll continue to work on.

“It’s not one specific. It’s not just balls into the box or set plays, it’s things leading up to that and we are looking to improve.”

Kennedy also pointed to the regular changes Celtic have had to make to their back line.

He added: “We’ve had a number of challenges, like a lot of clubs, and we’ve found it difficult to get a settled side for a number of reasons, whether it’s the back four or goalkeeper.

“As a coaching staff we discuss it, go through the videos and look for solutions between us.

18. Bunk Moreland

For someone that's handing arses to people you sure are doing a * load of backtracking on your previously posted horse *:56::56::56::56:

19. murphy88

Backtracking from what exactly?

20. Bunk Moreland

Really?