1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

How so? Did he not get his head down and do his job to the best of his ability as Lennon went rogue???

2. murphy88

Well Kennedy has been watching us the same as you and I and we have made the same mistakes all season. Has he helped Lennon improve us? How do you know he done the job to the best of his ability also?

3. Bunk Moreland

How do I know? Because he wasn't the one coming out and embarrassing himself in pressers talking absolute *, making bullshit excuses and coming across as disconnected from reality. He got his head down and rightfully distanced himself from the Lennon created * as did Strachan, who incidentally his main criticism from our expert fans is that he has an iPad.

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've never seen any of the top 3 coaches at any team being called a striker coach or a defensive coach. We have one coach that is specific & that is Woods. I'm guessing that Lennon, Kennedy & Strachan work on all aspects of the game rather than specific areas.

The above is my opionion & I could be wrong. The thing that annoys me. Fans that say Kennedy is a * coach, * manager & the defensive coach say it as if its FACT & that is laughable. Kennedy MIGHT be all of the but nobody knows yet. We will find out about the coach/manager as he will be putting his team out in the next 8 games.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    @Peej @Lupis

Chap's, I agree with yous both..

This season has been such a * up that I can see so many thing's coming out, blaming each other/for justification..

We're no privy to the day to day so we can only go on what hasn't looked right with Kennedy on the sidelines. We could have it completely wrong..

Time will tell..

Peej and Lupis like this.
  6. murphy88

So he distanced himself from Lennon? That isn't exactly helping to assist the manager then is it? I'm not defending Lennon here by the way, the man is a clown, but you seem to think Kennedy is responsible for pretty much nothing, which as an assistant manager is baffling. Look at that mob and Michale Beale. Constantly in Gerrard's lug. On the face of it, he looks like he is the main one responsible for their change in form.

7. murphy88

I would agree 100% with that. So all will have an input, however the onus you would think would be on Kennedy more so in the defensive department as he is the one best qualified.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    How do we not know Kennedy tried to make an input and Lennon who is stubborn as they come brushed it away would you keep trying if none of it will be considered no you wouldn’t gavin strachan was never wanted by Lennon so he put him on a laptop .... never ever seen any of Rodgers coaches on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Celtic should not be managed full time by a guy with no experience. Kennedy maybe is a decent coach who really know?

The fact is he's not big enough or good enough at this point in his career to even be considered beyond this season.

Artorias likes this.
  10. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    TBH mate Kennedy didn't have much of a career playing professional football so don't think he is going to be a top defensive coach. I'm not saying he is good or not or he isn't the defensuve coach as I don't know like he rest of the fans.

Lennon shoupd have had his own behind him but took the job anyway.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11. Bunk Moreland

Again ask Deila, Rodgers, Collins and Duff their opinion on Kennedy and excuse me if I think yours is unqualified pish :56:

Murdi likes this.
  12. john2061

Like Lennon Kennedy should have got the bullet :56:

13. murphy88

Right you are :50:

We should just keep him then. He isn't responsible for anything and has helped the manager to the best of his ability by choosing to distance himself from him. You clearly think the assistant manager plays a minor role so it doesn't really matter who it is so might as well stick with him. As I said, Lennon, Strachan and Kennedy are all to blame for the mess this season and all three should have been binned. Lennon should have been able to decide if he even wanted Kennedy beside him in the first place.

14. murphy88

He had more of a playing career in defence than any other coach/manager in the dugout though.

15. Bunk Moreland

You're like the Tim version of Jim Traynor

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

A school boy career and it shows.

murphy88 likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Guys no doubt a good coach but we need to freshen it up. Whoever comes in will be using their own staff.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. murphy88

3/10.

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Totally agree
    at the start of the season, we could argue with Lennon a selection s going without a striker, not playing Turnbull soro etc but sadly even when we play our best 11 Now we’ve still been pretty * , so don’t think his team selection s will be too different so will be down to attitude on the players part