1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

It's not daft at all. John Kennedy should be nowhere near the managers job. He should have been out the door with Lennon in all honesty, but at this point I'm just glad Lennon is away. The Celtic job is far too big for a someone with no managerial experience. Imagine going from Rodgers to John Kennedy in the space of 2 and a bit years.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. Bunk Moreland

It suggests absolutely nothing except there will be a new manager next season.

3. Bunk Moreland

Out the door despite his last nine seasons read 3 straight youth league championships and 6 straight SPFL championships? :56:

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can recall seeing several IG clips of players training with the ball, when Lennon was in charge.

5. murphy88

Absolutely. He and Strachan should both have been shown the door. They were all part of the problem. We need a clean slate from boardroom to dugout.

6. Bunk Moreland

How do you know they were part of the problem? Because what I saw was them getting on with their job while Neil Lennon went full on lost the plot.

7. murphy88

Ahh, so give him credit for what we won under Rodgers when we had Davies and Toure in the dugout along with Rodgers, but don't give him stick for the utter horror show this season when he was Lennon's right hand man?

8. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is the part i dont underatand. Not saying it isn't true but how do all these fans know this.

It could be that Lennon is old school, which interviews from ex players suggest. Kennedy & Strachan are not old school but Lennon does things his own way & doesn't like to change from that. They then have no say.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

9. Bunk Moreland

It's nine seasons of consecutive success at youth and first team levels compared to your argument of one season under a manager who quite clearly lost his * big time. What would I give him stick for exactly? For getting his head down and trying to work through the * storm that had absolutely nothing to do with him? And yes I'll give him credit just like almost every manager and coach he's worked with has, but obviously you know better.

10. Bunk Moreland

It's an assistant managers job to back his manager, that's his role. If the manager says I want things done like this, like that and none of this then it's the AM's job to implement those rules, methods, values, whatever you like to call it. Neil Lennon made the decisions not Kennedy or Strachan. To suggest they're at fault for following instructions from their boss is just idiotic in my opinion.

trackebhoy likes this.
  11. murphy88

Defensively a shambles, like schoolkids trying to defend a ball into our box but our assistant manager who was a centre half himself is blameless?

12. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    John Kennedy is not the defensive coach & he will set the defence up as the manager wants it. Zonal marking, man marking or a bit of both. Doesn't mean he agrees with it but doesn't have the authority to change it as Lennon is the main man.

I'm just giving other options here as it seems some fans just don't like Kennedy & want to tar him wih the same brush as Lennon when he might not have much say.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

13. murphy88

Do we know for certain that Kennedy is not the defensive coach? I have seen this said on numerous occasions but I struggle to see why we wouldn't have an ex-centre half not as our defensive coach. Who is the defensive coach?

14. Bunk Moreland

Is John Kennedy a defensive coach or an Assistant manager? Eddie Howe was a defender in his playing days, the teams he's managed have been attack minded and * in defence so what's your point, are you under the illusion that because Kennedy played his short career as a centre half that he somehow should be a defensive mastermind?

15. Bunk Moreland

Kris Ajer has played more seasons at CB than John Kennedy has, why don't we use your logic and make Ajer our defensive coach :39:

16. murphy88

Kris Ajer, what you going on about?

Just for arguments sake, see if Larsson or Sutton come in as a coach, in what area of the park would they be working with do you think? Out of all the people we have had in the dugout this season, who do you think would be best qualified to work with the defence? What do you think Kennedy's remit would be this season?

17. Bunk Moreland

Kennedy isn't a coach, he's an assistant manager.

18. murphy88

So what does he take responsibility for? Cause by the sounds of it, you think he was liable for nothing. Celtic would have been better just hiring anybody to set the cones up at training.

19. Bunk Moreland

To do his job and support the manager, as his job title suggests.

20. murphy88

So he has failed then.