1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

good luck to the guy for all we know his opinion has been rejected by lennon be interesting to see how we perform at the weekend although i wont be expecting too much then again might see relief from the players and they might perform out their skin for a change

shaunm likes this.
  2. SkyeCelt

Was he always a dour coont or was that just since Lennon was in charge?

seanm likes this.
  3. Bunk Moreland

Probably because almost everyone that's worked alongside him has had good things to say about him and that's people who had already left the club like Deila, Collins, Rodgers and Duff who had absolutely no reason to make up bullshit to make Kennedy look good. He's also highly regarded within the club and his record as a coach over the last 9 seasons reads 3 youth league championships and 6 SPFL championships plus a rake of cups. The only ones who seem to have a problem with him is a section of fans.

4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

As I said best of luck to him, it's all a bit meh to me.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He was an excellent CB had the makings to be top class..

It makes it so bizarre he has been unable to coach/organise defence after defence, this season especially has been schoolboy stuff from setlplays...

Wish him all the best in his caretaker role but after that he should be shown the door too.

From the outside it looked like he was half-hearted in helping Lennon and the shrugs were of a man, who was always eyeing this moment..

6. Bunk Moreland

Not really a big name but then he hasn't been given the job on a permanent basis and this season is a write off anyway so we might as well see if the reports about him are accurate and back him. I doubt he'll be given the job anyway even if he wins all the remaining games by 3,4 or 5 goals as the board have to attempt to mend the division between the fans and the club and JK as manager just won't do that.

Wee Baldy, seanm and Garrymac1888 like this.
  7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    For his own sake he should leave at the end of the season because he will continue to be associated with this disastrous season should he stay. If his ambition is to manage Celtic then that can still happen if he proves himself to be a success at another club. It will be interesting to see how he gets on when hes standing on his own two feet at a club like Hibs, Motherwell or the like.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  8. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Scott Brown,player-Manager

9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * no

AdamRS likes this.
  10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Because they don't actually know what his coaching role is, plus he was a defender, ergo he must be the defensive coach.

kinglenny likes this.
  11. Bunk Moreland

No to player and no to manager.

oldpat and AdamRS like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on that very last bit mate..

He absolutely knew he'd get some sort of crack at the job the worse thing's got..

I've genuinely never seen an assistant snub his boss so frequently in my life. Bizzare to watch..

He might be an outstanding coach and to be fair to him, the atmosphere due to Lennon must've been very hard to work under....but it still doesn't sit well with me the way he's no looked bothered..

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Should never have been given the position of being interim manager. As much to blame as Lennon, and his demeanour at the side of the pitch was an absolute disgrace.

singer61, James Mc, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    His time here is done but if they can't get the right guy in now, wait til the summer. If he stays I'd be more worried about jobs for the bhoys rather than him specifically.

Peej likes this.
  15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There needs to be a total clear out now. Good luck to Kennedy and if he proves himself a success at other clubs he might find himself back at Celtic one day but for now he has to go. We need a completely fresh start. A new CEO and new management team is a exciting prospect, no offence but I dont want to see big Johns glaikit face in the dugout next season.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye for me it is more a concern that he chose this season of all seasons to be so passive and allow the destruction of history for what could be perceived as his own personal benefit.
    I don't want to sit with that on my mind, but it is one of the first two things that come to mind. The other being that he is just every bit as poor as Lennon.
    But I am also trying to listen to pass comments from Duff, Rodgers, Deila etc who all wax lyrically about him. So maybe he has more to his coaching game and maybe just working under Lennon is impossible. Guys got a * ego, maybe Kennedy just was never allowed to voice his opinion openly and felt deflated...thats the hope. But still feels like he has been content to watch this * show happen, knowing he would get a crack at the whip.
    Not good for me.

Regardless what happens in these next 8 games though, he can not be given the job. Even if he wins every game 5-0 and brings this league to within 5 or 6 points, I still don't want him long term. He has no experience and appointing someone on a whim of basically just being here is exactly how we got ourselves in to the mess that is this season.

I'd rather see him take what he can from these 8 games, * off to Hibs or down south and earn his place. If it means he ends up being the next Klopp and we never see him again, so be it. Rather that than take a punt and watch another job for the boys end in failure.

McChiellini.. and Wee Baldy like this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It really depends on what's been going on behind the scenes. You can imagine the scenario where he's been at Lenny to try different players/tactics, change the training, do more analysis on the opposition and getting snubbed for months on end, would you be bothered?

I'm not saying that's what did happen, just that there could well be extenuating circumstances. Or he could just be a dour git. I guess we'll know more over the next few weeks.

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Another one who could make a good coach but never a Celtic manager. It wouldnt surprise me to see him employed in some kind of coaching role at Celtic when he retires.

19. Onefootwonder

We need a refresh and new ideas.

Our defence has been suspect for years and he's been the common denominator. The new manager needs his own team.

20. Harry Caray

Behave. * makes me cringe in his interviews, he does not speak well at all in public