1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Weird attitude. Before I go any further I'll just say I don't expect anything to change between now and the end of the season - we'll probably play poor to average football, win a few, draw a couple and maybe lose a couple and limp into 2nd place (hopefully). But if we were to play great football, win every game, score loads of goals and outplay and beat the huns twice you wouldn't even consider him for the job? Maybe his face is tripping him because he's had good ideas and Lennon's not been listening to him and he's been as desperate to get rid of him as the rest of us. There's been a lot said about this guy. Now we can actually see whether he has anything to offer - he probably won't.

Cringer67 likes this.
  2. Cringer67

im both laughing and crying a this. He is, indeed, our very Graeme Murty equivalent. How have we let it come to this?

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. Al Bootyerbaws

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

No problem woth him taking us short term. As long as it stays that way

NomDePlum, Wee Baldy and Marty McFly like this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Same. I'm just glad Lennon isn't in the dugout now. Intrigued to see how this goes but still want change.

NomDePlum and Wee Baldy like this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I honestly think he is part of the problem as well.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I don't always like these temporary changes..

This is a guy who's been here and hasn't covered his self in glory at all this season for me either. His demeanor has looked nothing short of pathetic on the touchline.....to the point I don't think I've ever seen anyone so blatantly swerving their manager on the sidelines..

What you tend to find with these short term changes is the assistant will now try and change a fair bit as to look like he wasn't a big culprit in what went on before. He'll likely change away from the diamond. The personnel will be different etc..

No saying that's a bad thing but he'll be doing everything now to get the job full time..

Maybe if he was a bit more proactive instead of blanking Lennon or shrugging his shoulders...we'd be in a better position..

8. StevieBhoooy!

Should be folded into the boot of the same taxi as Lennon ... driver given £500 and told to just “drive”

9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The game against the Sheep will be telling. If Kennedy goes into the dugout, laughing, smiling,being active, for me it will show that he has finally got what he wanted, the No1 job. On the flip side of that, if he drops Brown for Soro and goes back to the diamond when we first introduced Soro and Turnbull it could be vindictive that it was Kennedy's idea to do this before Lennon resorted it back to his way.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye but on the flip side as well, why wouldn't he be relieved?

I imagine the majority of the squad will be happy he's away also so it's probably been a toxic environment to work in. It's a tough one really..

I don't like how Kennedy has gone on from what I've seen during game's etc but then it's hard because it's likely been woeful around training and behind the scene's..

He'll deffo drop Broony and bring Soro in. These are the thing's you can guarantee..

11. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Best be a temporary position.

12. Foley1888

This surely can only be temporary but being honest it should be to see whether Kennedy even has a gig as a youth coach or something next year or out the door.

We can’t stumble on with the approach of bringing in someone and not letting them bring their own team. It happened with Delia and Lennon the second time.

13. jambo_cfc

mate im dreading it ! Even in his interviews there is just pure misery! Would suck the life and soul out of fans and players !!

he just sat face tripping him when things where going wrong ! We owe him nothing ! Has got to where he is with the club feeling sorry for him !

DonnyCelt likes this.
  14. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Can’t wee get big Dolph to take the temp position instead?

15. Bonobhoy

We are that tinpot i would now not be surprised hes left in place over the summer,especially if we win a few games (he will end up beating the huns and the cumfest begins to keep him in charge).

No time for this guy.

What happened to him many years ago was horrible and never deserved to anyone wanting a career in football......But we have looked after him many times over now.

Out as soon as you can please.

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Done nothing to justify even a temporary manager position for me.
    How long has this Lennon saga been going on? We should have a new guy ready to take charge today. That’s what they do at other teams.

packybhoy likes this.
  17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Honestly, if Kennedy does go into the dugout "laughing, smiling, being active" then I think I would need to check which game I'm watching. He has always looked a big dour *

18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Season is dead and buried I'm happy enough letting Kennedy take the hotseat, just as long as its for no longer than the remainder of the season.

What was the managers name supposedly coming in with Fergal Harkin? Might be something in that you know.

19. Cringer67

Can see us beating the Huns (as I still believe we have better players) and Kennedy being announced in the bath tub. Season ticket sales will be interesting if this happens.

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire..