1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Got to ask why this didn’t happen sooner when catching the huns was still a possibility.
    Good luck to Lennon but sad that his legacy has been so badly tarnished.
    Hopefully Kennedy will be off at the end of the season as well.

2. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Why not sooner?

That's the million dollar question, loads fans knew what was gonna happen so why didn't the board.

It's a * travesty.

johnboy19, seanm and 76mark like this.
  3. Seosamh Máirtín

So many need to * up and remember who this guy is to us and how much he's helped our cause in the past. Did things get out of control this season? Yes, absolutely. No need for half the *. Hopefully as Sutton said, once the rage simmers, we'll be able to reflect better with cool heads...

Now, watch who the board appoint next. :87:

johnboy19, seamus1967 and stubhoy07 like this.
  4. SteveyNico67

[​IMG]

It’s interesting now when you look at the last line up. Remember the great teams we’ve had lately? The QTdouble9 times? Look at that team. Look at those subs.

Bain. * me, where do I start. I’ve got a good idea: let’s get a tiny goalie and put him in goal. Worse than a man short.

Taylor: a bog standard SPFL defender

Brown: STILL PLAYING when he’s 95

Turnbull: the team should be built around this lad

Kenny: a loanee, doesn’t matter who cares

Christie: tell me who’s interested. I will learn to drive, and bring him to the city of the football club they want to sign him. I want an awful lot of money for him though, just because. No logic.

Rogic: under Rodgers he played 60 minutes and was subbed off. I like the big Aussie * but his best days are behind him. Always liked him as a player, but should be nowhere near a starting 11 these days

Edouard: he’s leaving end of season - we’ll be better off, getting tired of sulky french strikers. 30 million please.

Ajer: a marauding Central midfielder played out of position his entire Celtic career. I know the big * gets it, but he’s only good alongside a very strong centre half partner / partners. Sell. 25 million.

McGregor: I love the bhoy, and he’s really suffered this term. I’d keep.

Welsh: an academy prospect asked to produce the goods with the house lights on him due to the failed and now infamous ‘Duffy experiment’.

Plus remember the days we looked at the bench and went: * me, that’s a strong bench: players like Ajeti, Kilmala, and Ralston....

Oh how I long for the return of a proper football * manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  5. Bunk Moreland

Finally some good news

seanm likes this.
  6. Martybhoy53

Why now? He should have been gone after the Ferencvaros game.
    Maybe the board thought he was too "passive" and " leggy".

SwissCelt and seanm like this.
  7. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

We will rejoice & get mad wae it!

8. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Quite a big & bold statement... but I’m sure many will agree.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Resigned my * :56: good news at last. I'm off to the potential manager thread to have some fun with all these mega stars we won't get until I come crashing back down to earth

10. Sgt Neppers*

Thanks Neil. It was a "privilege."

seanm likes this.
  11. seanm

*.good riddance.lost the 10.HH

12. SteveyNico67

Dare To Dream mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  13. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Some good news to wake up to.
    Left it far too late though.

seanm likes this.
  14. Sin

5 months of waiting, glad he's finally gone no idea why it took this long though.

Now get the right guy in and let the rebuild begin.

seanm likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This just puts the tin lid on this shambles of a season. Resigns/fired once it’s too * late to rescue the season.

Only way this makes sense is if we get a new manager in now to assess the squad for next season. Instead I fear Kennedy gets the gig full time if he manages to put a run together.

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

That you Dermot?

Hadn’t the stones or brains to sack him, then piping up in the resignation statement to tell fans ‘Neil is a Celtic legend both as a player and manager.’

We’ll make up our own mind Dermot thanks. This is his legacy now. Let’s not re-write this season or NL’s actions, ever.

Moore likes this.
  17. seanm

Season ticket time thats the only reason they sacked him.* need our tory board removed too or whats the point.HH

seamus1967 likes this.
  18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    YASSSSS!

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Football Club today announced that Neil Lennon has resigned from his position as football manager with immediate effect.

Neil has served the club with distinction as both player and manager, delivering numerous successes, most recently completing the Domestic Treble in December. In his second period as Celtic manager, he has achieved five trophy successes, to add to his three League titles and two Scottish Cup victories in his first period as manager.

Current assistant manager, John Kennedy, will take interim charge of the team.

Neil Lennon said: “We have experienced a difficult season due to so many factors and, of course, it is very frustrating and disappointing that we have not been able to hit the same heights as we did previously.

“I have worked as hard as ever to try and turn things around, but unfortunately we have not managed to get the kind of run going that we have needed.

"I have always given my best to the Club and have been proud to deliver silverware to the Celtic supporters. The Club will always be part of me. I will always be a Celtic supporter myself and I will always want the best for Celtic.

“I would like to thank so many people at the Club who have given me so much and I would also like to thank my family for their love and support. I wish the Celtic supporters, players, staff and directors nothing but success for the future.”

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell added: “I would like to pay tribute to Neil for all he has done for the Club in his second spell, delivering our eighth and ninth successive league titles, the Quadruple Treble and winning the last five available domestic trophies.

“Neil has always been and will always be a true Celtic man and someone I will always hold in the highest regard.

“I have watched Neil fight many battles over many years, on and off the field, with a courage and tenacity few could match. Even this season, he has fought so hard and worked tirelessly to turn things around.

“While this season has not progressed as we would have liked, it cannot diminish the character or integrity of a man who has given the Club so much.

“Personally, it is a sad day for me to see Neil leave the Club. Neil is a man of quality and decency, he is someone who will always be part of the fabric of Celtic and someone who will always be welcomed at Celtic Park.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, and personally, I would like to thank Neil for his work as our manager and I wish him and his family good health and continued success in everything they do.”

Celtic’s principal shareholder Dermot Desmond commented: “Neil is a Celtic legend both as a player and manager. He has given so much to the Club, and with his success over the last number of years – including winning a Treble in his own right – he will be very difficult to replace.

“We thank Neil sincerely for all he has done for the club and we wish him every success going forward.”

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Relief , its over at last !

76mark likes this.