1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, being frank - had we made the CL, we would have posted a profit this year - well at least by the summer results at least, once the final CL money came in.

THAT failure has * us financially - but even then, we still have money in the bank.

I point blank refuse to accept that we have no money to sack this * and bring in someone of some level of decency.

Further to that - and not to make this about the huns - too many on here are now crying about being 2nd for years to come. The huns are annually a fresh £7-10million in debt. We just admitted to Covid effecting us by aprrox £20million.
    Meaning, the huns are literally going to be about £30million worse off on the back of this season alone. And any CL money they think they are getting is going to be severely less than they desire(or we had previously) and won't make it to their pockets till end of NEXT season - where they will be anywhere from £7million to £20million worse off AGAIN next year before that money hits.

The huns are NOT about to go in to a spending spree. There is no increase to their revenue this year and we are still a better off club.

All we need to do is get this fraud of a manager to * and employ literally ANYONE with a working knowledge of modern day football and all it entails. A DoF will go a long way to keeping the bottom line financial idiots in our board the * away from football issues as well.

A Deila type signing, with a tad more experience and with a tad more support from a competent structure and we will wipe the floor with the huns, easily.

terrasidius and ede like this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Mowbray/Lennon.. woeful season.. yet another big game Lennon bottled against County in the semis

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Lennon has said he can’t teach the team how to defend set pieces anymore and also that they are possibly afraid to head the ball. That statement alone gives out the vibe that he believes he is blameless in this fiasco and it all lies at the door of the whole team that is picked. He now has to go into the last remaining 8 games with the same players that he has vilified. He has indicated that they are useless and they aren’t capable of simple instructions.

All a bit rich from a manager who doesn’t do tactics or homework on the opposition. This season it has become more apparent that he doesn’t believe in organising the team to play higher up the pitch when it has proved very successful in the past. Especially when you are playing with a lone striker. He allows teams to attack us while we sit back and something like 45% of the goals against us have come from set pieces. He doesn’t play the sweeper keeper that Rodgers was adamant about. It forced teams to defend deeper in their own half. I also believe this has been detrimental to the success of Barkas as it is the norm in most other European leagues. I don’t believe he is as * as he has shown so far, he looks terrified. And he (Lennon) lies back with the feet up giving out the most negative vibes going. Not inspiring to his players.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Puse strings have always been tight at our club, but make no mistake about it, Lennon has been backed fairly well compared to some managers..

Why he's still here you ask? Mate I have absolutely no idea. Money, Desmond is an utter *, no replacement, board don't give a *.... pick one

5. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Hate him more than Kris Boyd. Never thought I’d say that.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It could happen. For me, it would take a number of things to go very, very right.

We don’t just have the usual churn of players this summer, we have the biggest rebuild I’ve seen in the post O’Neill era. If we go down the DoF route then we need to get the right DoF, who then needs to assess things and get the right manager, while rebuilding the scouting network. We then need to go out and sign a good 7/8 high quality, first team players. Signing them isn’t enough though - they have to gel as a team, and quickly. We have to do all of that against a very difficult financial backdrop, and go up against a team who are unfortunately very consistent.

I think the more likely scenario is that we struggle. We might bring in a big name manager, but I’m not convinced we get all the signings right, and that a newly assembled team immediately find the level of consistency we’ll likely need. I look at next season as one where we’ll be stopping the rot and rebuilding tbh.

McChiellini.. and The Phoenix like this.
  7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    steady on that's just not possible!

terrasidius, martin_d, Marie and 4 others like this.
  8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Too far

9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I want Lennon replaced as much as anybody. He has made a complete * of it, brought the standards we set back to The dark ages. Stubborn, arrogant, egoistic, unwilling to take resposibility and any other adjective that can be used. However , hate him? NO.
    I dislike what he has done to our Club, I dislike what type of manager he has become but Hate is a very strong word and I will keep that for for use with the Huns.
    I hate The Huns !!!

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I hate the huns and Neil Lennon.

The Phoenix likes this.
  11. Foley1888

Where I think you make some good points there are some in there that align with the current narrative being painted by the media. We will likely wipe out most of the surplus that the club had built up, the remaining £19m in the bank mentioned in the January accounts which has already been topped up with £8.8m from the sales of Frimpong and Elhamed.

There’s no doubt Ajer, Edouard and Christie will go in the summer along with most of those currently out on loan with options and players on the fringes such as Bitton and Rogic. This will raise a considerable amount of funds. The news England and probably us will be back to near normal for next season means income will be back up and spending in the market from others will be.

We will be down to the bare bones in terms of a squad but we look like we need a clear out as the hunger from this squad has gone. It is ridiculously important we bring in a good manager or DoF and coach who can build their own side. However they will have some funds to do this from the sales above. Yeah we won’t splash out big fees on a number of players but proper investment can build a squad to be competing for the title.

I agree we will be very much up against it in our attempt to qualify for CL and Europa Groups is more likely and will be necessary. If that’s the case and they qualify for CL they will be around £18-22m better off not £40m as you still get funds for being in Europa groups and often incur higher costs from player bonuses for CL.

They also have the small matter of operating of an ever increasing cost base by signing players and selling none for a fee. Roofe is the highest earner in Scotland. They currently operate at a loss between £10-20m a year and that was with later stages of EL. So they aren’t going to suddenly be the picture of financial health without player sales as well.

Is there a chance we get this wrong and make a mess of it? You only need to look at this season to see that’s possible but even Lennon on a limited budget built a team to challenge the previous incarnation, a team who had won two titles in a row and the previous year by a long way.

Lennon a poor manager done this with a full rebuild of the team on par with this one. European football was a disaster right enough.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Leaving tomorrow

76mark, terrasidius and NomDePlum like this.
  13. green-yin

14. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    U kidding?

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Scottish sun running with it by the looks of it

thank * is all that can be said

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The rag we shall not speak of reporting he’s gone within 24 hours.

17. Sgt Neppers*

Don't * tease.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good * riddance.

Useless arrogant *.

:58:

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Just hope Kennedy doesn't get it permanently

:47:

PaulM1888 likes this.
  20. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * about time, kennedy in charge for now.