1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    If he wakes up to a new 1-year contract every day, then that means his contract also expires every night. So they could just file his termination on the stroke of midnight and not owe him anything in this ridiculous scenario.

Of course, that's not how contracts work in the real world. A 1-year rolling contract means it renews at the end of the one year term automatically, unless it's requested otherwise by either party.

The Dude, JamesM09 and paulo123 like this.
  2. Dubliner1

This just highlights were we are financially. Paying some one off for a couple of million should be short change for a BIG club. Keeping him on is costing the club more with the fans. Surely cost benefit analysis will highlight this. We must have very little capital for this not to happen. The future looks bleak

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    More doom and gloom.. why does the future look bleak mate? We have had a bad season, I can assure you I have seen worse.

A clear out is needed and a rebuild is a must.. we became complacent and hopefully this is a big * wake up call.

Some of us fans need the take the blame too.We sat by and watched this board appoint Lennon. We were so far ahead of the scum, maybe we thought it didn't matter that we appointed a moron as a manger.. a man that walked away when he thought he could do better elsewhere, a man that failed at Hibs and Bolton.. A man that is so unprofessional he makes Borris Johnson look competent.. not even going to go into his personal issues.

Yes this season is an absolute * but I don't see how the future is bleak...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    * all from the club and he's still here. Having to face Huns every day in work, getting shot of this * would at least give me something to fight back with.

Artorias likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Can't see him going until the league is officially over . Even then I think he will still get to the end of the season

6. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Its quite simple for the Board, as we all know (but they don't for some reason), just sack him and get a decent replacement pronto, the longer this goes on the uglier it will get.

7. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    The club has obviously decided fairly early in the season that the payout for sacking him during the season isn't a price they are willing to pay

That's why we are stuck with a sullen joker in the dugout that,like fat sally,Sally, hanging on for the last big cheque of his life

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I don't think it's just down to money though. I've heard a couple of times he's still there because DD didn't want to sack him. Apparently DD stepped in and stopped him getting sacked in December. Dont know if its true though

9. celtic warrior

I can no longer stomach watching games whilst he's in charge.

I've got better things to do that are genuinely better for mental health then * watch this * imposter parade about like he can coach a game of football.

* every single * involved in creating this calamity.

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  10. celtic warrior

Do not underestimate the effect a competent manager can have.

I mean ffs Rodgers had us go an invincible treble and who did we have in goal and defence exactly?

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  11. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    For my that's the most probable explanation. We all know how big his ego is. The only reason why Rodgers was hired was his hurt ego when the hun bosses danced after their cup win against us. He only holds around 22% of our stocks if I'm right, why to we let this * hijack our club?

TheWolf likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And most contracts don’t work like they do in football.

Its why we don’t announce every season we’re taking up the contract again for the next season. It’s why Rodgers was given a 4 year deal instead of just an increased wage on a rolling contract. If a team wanted him when he was on his rolling contract they would only have had to pay the years salary.

It’s the exact same contract McCoist had, without the full salary/wage cut scenario.

They’ve been about in football for years.

13. Martybhoy53

We have 720 min left of this deluded turnip in charge if he is here until the final game of the season.
    Tick tock......
    Not a chance he will be here next season.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  14. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Don't know why the board can't come out and say he's staying till the end of the season, at least we will know he's going. Which he probably will be anyway but, it puts our minds at ease abit.

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He had a much fitter Brown protecting the defence, Lustig was still pretty good at that point, Tierney, Boyata is better than Duffy and Bitton, Simunovic probably was too and Gordon despite his * ups was better than Barkas and Bain.

16. The Dude

Why do clubs not offer two-year rolling contracts to players, then?

Clubs would never again need to worry about players leaving on a free transfer or for a reduced fee if they had two years left on their contracts at the start of each day (unless, of course, the only compensation due to a club who owns the registration of a player on such a contract is the remainder of his salary; if so, why is this unique to the rolling contract as you understand it?).

Drakhan likes this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You think. It's supposition as none of us know for sure.

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    One word reason. AGENTS.

19. Dubliner1

Only reason I'm stating bleak future is why have we not paid Lennon off by now so we can move on. Is the purse strings at our club so tight??? Doesn't make any sense keeping him & his coaching team on any longer

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just wondering. When was the last season that Celtic didnt finish with a trophy.
    Out of 2 european comps, out of league cup, lost league and sc may not go ahead.

thailandceltic likes this.