1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I completely agree, it’s a total enigma where it asks many more questions than it answers. It it down to mismanagement at board level in terms of funding, is it him himself or is it the toxic nature and culture Lennons installing at our club?

It’s a horrible situation, as fans like me are now questioning and scrutinising every aspect of our club and how it’s run, saddening really.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Mental he's still here.

Lennon1888 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. Bunk Moreland

Almost everyone that Kennedy has worked under has had good things to say about him as well. Ronny Deila said he'd be a future Celtic manager as did John Collins years later, Rodgers apparently wanted to take him to Leicester and Damien Duff had nothing but praise for him so it goes without saying he must be doing something right that we just don't see from the outside looking in. I've never been in the Kennedy I think you're right about Lennon being toxic right now, everyone around him is going to be in the firing line with him, guilty by association I think it's called.

Noskeil likes this.
  4. SuperZidane

That's exactly right. Part of Lennon's severance at Hibs (negotiated by his lawyer) was a Non Disclosure agreement. There were certainly a lot of stories circulating about drinking.

When he was offered the job here, Lawwell made it clear that it was Kennedy who would be his assistant.

Frankly, many managers (with other options) would have refused to accept that. However, as Lennon had been effectively sacked from his 2 jobs since leaving Celtic, it was take it or leave it.

I find it annoying when people say - Lenny should have been able to bring his own back room team. Lennon accepted it so he owns it.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Is he still there? just asking ffs

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Just * off

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    How is this * still in a job?

Lennon1888 likes this.
  8. Lennon1888

Incompetent board, Can't be that much to pay the * off.

bhoy81 likes this.
  9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm now fully convinced the rumor going about a few weeks ago that he's due a massive pay off should he be sacked before the league is mathematically over must be true, it's the only logical explanation I can now think of, because you could literally give the ladies team manager the job between now and the end of the season for all that's left of it.

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Might be looking at a 10IAR title bonus AND his 12 month rolling contract both being paid IF he's sacked before the league is mathematically over, that's what I think has been going on all along, board not wanting to pay him it & rightly so, still sickens me that imposter is still in charge of the team though.

11. SuperZidane

Possibly - as has been debated on here before, a 12 month rolling contract does not roll over every day nor does it mean that the employee is guaranteed 12 months money - the notice period will be specified in the contract.

Lennon was announced "from the showers" on 25/5/2019 - my guess is that his contract started either on 1/6 or 1/7 2019.

I suspect that, once the league is lost - they'll give him formal notice that his contract is not being rolled over. I guess he'll have an option to do a Ronny Deila, save face, and see the season out or resign.

I can live with him seeing the season out once we know for certain that he's leaving at the end of it.

As the season is screwed anyway, the board may think the cheapest and easiest thing is to let Lennon see out the last 8 games (plus Cup if it goes ahead) while, hopefully, they are talking to potential replacements.

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon wakes up everyday with 12 months left on his deal. It’s the same deal McCoist had at the Huns. When you hand in your notice the final year triggers.

It’s not a recurring one year deal where it finishes at the end of the season that’s being played.

If we want to get rid of Lennon we have to give him a years salary. If he hands in his notice then his contract ends a year from that date.

13. SuperZidane

Unless you have actually seen the contract - that's pure guesswork.

In the UK, standard rolling employment contracts roll over automatically on expiry unless one or more of the signatories decides to terminate it and provides the legal notice period.

The notice period does not legally have to be the same as the duration of the contract and frequently is not - executive staff above a certain level in the UK civil service are usually on a 2 year rolling contract with a 6 month notice period. That's the same for many executive staff in banking.

Lennon may be due 12 months money - I don't know as I haven't seen his contract (like everyone else here).

However, it is not correct to say that anyone on a 12 month rolling contract is automatically due 12 months payoff from the day they resign. That implies that there is only 1 type of rolling contract applying to everyone and that's not correct.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hes got a 12 month rolling contract. He’s got 12 months everyday he wakes up in the morning. It doesn’t end at the end of this season.

If he triggers his notice period today his contract officially ends a year from now.

If we sack him today then we continue to pay him for a year.

The only thing likely to stop a full years pay in either scenario is that Lennon takes over a new club or signs a deal within the media and he’ll either have to waive the rest of his pay or reach a settlement.

15. SuperZidane

Repetition doesn't make you right! Unless you have seen the contract or can point us to somewhere official that this has been confirmed by the club, you are simply stating your opinion. That's not fact any more than anyone else's opinion on this page is.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye it is.

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's actually not. Most rolling contracts simply renew for the same duration at the end of the contract unless either party give the agreed upon notice period. I suspect that is what his is but, without seeing the contract, no one can say for sure.

The Dude and JamesM09 like this.
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    A depleted squad that had Larsson, Lambert, Petrov, Lubo, Stubbs, Thompson and Mjalby in it. On top of them competent players like Boyd, McNamara and Agathe. All of them to build on top of. Who do we have to build on next season? Forrest, Jullien, Taylor, Klimala, Soro and Turnbull. Whoever comes in is in for a * of a job.

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wait and see. He will put Barkas in goal against the scum.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

MON brought Thompson and Agathe in but it was a strong group of players to build on that's for sure mate.