1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Cant believe how much this ten has meant nothing to the board staff and players, we should of had this nailed down and its been such a fucken cancerous season... from early on losing in the CL qualifiers and pumped out our group in EL early ... the signs where all there we have endured embarassment and shocking football all season and the board have done fucken nothing, Lennons out there talking like hes planning to rebuild this squad? away to * ya wee roaster and build something else somewhere else!

2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Or is it also because we, as fans, demand to make signings every year and then it leads to us chucking our own promising youngsters on the * heap?

Funny we demanded, nay, begged for someone like Duffy to be signed and then 4 months later we're all pleading for Welsh to be given a chance.
    Fickle.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

To be fair, there's not a whole lot coming through that's ready and good enough. Partly because we've recently sold some promising young players, and partly because others have been grossly mismanaged.

Harper and Dembele will be gone in the summer. Hazard has been really poor in his appearances this season. Afolabi is behind Osman Sow in the pecking order at Dundee. Lee O'Connor is on the bench/out of the squad half the time at Tranmere.

Mikey Johnston, Scott Robertson (who was in and out of the Gillingham team) and Ewan Henderson are realistically the only ones I can think of who are likely to get regular game time, and I doubt the two midfielders will get much. Leo Hjelde is another one I'd like to see.

The_Bhoy and Keano88 like this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Disappointed he has not been fired yet .
    How incompetent do you have to be to get fired at the laughing stock of Scottish football ?

seanm likes this.
  5. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    True but can we really moan when the standard of player we produce is generally poor anyway and we demand multi million pound signings? Who will always be played as no doubt their contracts will state a certain amount of game time. Probably why we have had to put up with out of form Eddy and half-arsed Ntcham etc
    I'm not sitting here saying we have the next Quality Street Gang in the making but some people need to be realistic on both fronts - we can't develop what isn't there but also we can't be signing 14 players either. Not 14 players who will be playing for us in the first team from the off anyway.

We have absolutely arsed our recruitment and scouting in the last few years. We are at least 3 years away from fixing the mess at this club.

6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Surprised to see so many on here expecting him to be fired today. Where have you been all season, the * going nowhere anytime soon.

7. JamesM09

Couldn’t agree more.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye. I think we should always be supplementing the squad with academy players. The lack of opportunities given to the players I've mentioned there is criminal.

Ewan Henderson made his debut for us in 2017/18. Since then he's played 7 games for us. He turns 21 next month so he really should have either played more games for us or been loaned out to a suitable team for a couple of seasons. Sending him to Ross County last season was poor judgement.

Peej likes this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

The huns could pump us 3-0 at Celtic Park next month and he'd still be in charge of the next game.

seanm likes this.
  10. JamesM09

A good manager won’t be at Celtic more than 3 seasons. We need some system to ensure continuity between managers.

We need to stop the boom and bust culture at this club. Even with the huns out the league it continued. There can be some seasons that aren’t as good as others but our lows are much lower than they should be and they come around every 3-4 years.

11. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Poor judgement is our staple diet at this club lately!
    I always think we should loan our players out to clubs who are the better teams in their division - doesn't have to be a top level, but playing against fully grown men who are fit and strong - so that they have the chance to develop in a similar fashion to our way of playing i.e being the favourite to win, having possession and needing to break teams down. When we sign players or have players return from teams who are used to counter attacking styles, or parking the bus they always look like fish out of water.
    We should get a DOF and possibly a loan manager to oversee our young prospects, get the loans they need at the right place and time.

But that is probably asking too much from * hour Celtic.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We loaned big Ajer out to Killie and it helped his development so I don't know why we haven't done the same with a few of our younger players like Henderson

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There needs to be a balance, think most of us can agree that balance is far too lopsided though.

Guys like Welsh should not be getting to 20 and making his first real appearances. Nor Henderson as @Officer Doofy mentions, making a debut 4 years ago and in that time only making 7 appearances. When each time he has shown there is something there to be worked on.
    Dembele tearing it up in the youth setups and being raved about, comes on 2 or 3 times and looks decent, height aside (which isnt a deal breaker and never should be), he also should have been better managed. 18 now and the lad is talked about across Europe as much as the likes of Fati at Barcelona. yet doesn't get a sniff. The fact we have no reserve or development league, means we really should have prepared his development better - Lennon openly admits he doesn't give a * about this * though, so begs the question yet again why he is even our manager.

Connell, 18 and playing regular in the English Championship, comes here and 2 years later has he even played a league game yet? Came on in friendlies and I think a qualifier and looked more than capable of getting some much needed game time - be it off the bench or starting in early cup games. Not given a remote chance.

It's failing to actually work with talent and develop them which is annoying, that failure leads to these kids getting mad games at 20/21 and looking lost and inexperienced, the manager and some fans suddenly shout they are * and dump them. Hardly their fault when they have never been managed in to the squad. Can't expect guys like Welsh, Henderson etc to suddenly appear in the side from being out in the cold and be a wonderkid.

No wonder so many have left in the last couple seasons.
    But I do agree, if the talent really isn't there, then there is no point wasting ours or their time - but Henderson, Dembele, Harper, Welsh, Afolabi, Connell, O'Connor, have ALL shown at their respective levels they are the guys at the top of their class. We aren't demanding they become world beaters at 17 and in their first game, but they need to at least be given the exposure and with a realistic breakthrough path in to the starting squad.
    THAT balance is not at this club, at all.

14. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Insanity, really. Develop them, and also the potential for them to play well against the huns and take points off them.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We had a manager at the time who has an eye for talent, literally proclaims that seeing young talent developing and being apart of their career as his main driving motivator. We now have Lennon, who comes out weekly and tells us he doesn't give a * about any of that.

Wee Baldy and AdamRS like this.
  16. Bunk Moreland

He's surely got to go down as one of the biggest leeches in Celtic history by now, absolutely disgraceful he's not resigned.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Scottish government hopefully follow England and allow fans back so we can let rip at this *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nudge1086 likes this.
  19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He'll go the second it's mathematically over

seanm and SuperZidane like this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

He has enough neck right now to stay put... but I seriously can’t see him having the cajones to turn up when even a couple of thousand are allowed in. I think losing right now and hastening the Sevco title ( :47: ) suits him...

...he will be mutually gone as he won’t want to stick around for the backlash snd to take ownership of such a fiasco of a season.... even though he should.

Likewise , I don’t think the board will want to see massive protests in and out of the ground. They will have ticket sales on their money-oriented minds and will suddenly want to be seen as taking decisive action.

I think we are in the final throes of the Lennon era.

seanm likes this.