1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Logged in just to call you a *

Keano88 likes this.
  2. Celticbhoy97

The current buns are set up to stop the 10 at Celtic park in March with just a draw am genuinely praying someone does us in our next two games just to avoid that.

3. ladbroke8

For a guy who's been at the club since 2000, player and manager for about 16 years of that needs gavin Strachan and his * Ipad to make basic decisions then to stand smirking post match as if he'd put on a masterclass but been outdone. Its a * take. Guy needs shown the door ASAP. Legacy tarnished beyond repair now

4. ladbroke8

Honestly no one is there mate, no one will remember it. No one will remeber Liverpool winning the EPL, Everton winning at anfield, sevco winning first title and so on. Its the no fans title. Not like its a big deal what empty stadium they win it at

5. celtic warrior

Just * off already.

Pandemic or not, he's a rotten manager and our boards inaction will kill fan attendance next season.

6. Sydneysider

Well you would know. " Favourite player ..." Brilliant...

Take your medication and STFU

7. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wonder how many Celtic supporters will watch the scum on Sky clinching the title at Celtic Park.
    I wont.
    Hate saying this but now hope Celtic lose the next 2 matches so they * dont receive the so called honor guard from our useless team.

8. john2061

The image of Lennon putting his feet up and relaxing after we went a goal behind had the steam coming out my ears and he should have been on the touchline shouting at the players for their pish performance .
    The board got us in this mess by appointing Lennon and they need to get us out of it by firstly sacking him now and let any * take charge for the last few games as leaving him in the post would be unacceptable to the support .

9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The "collaspe" did not start this season, the warning signs were there for the most of last season. Beat the Huns In a cup final against the odds then plays exactly the same way the following week and got beat. Things got better at the turn of the year last season but I pit thay down to the players changing things after lennons so called heart to heart in Dubai. The board backed Lennon this season but he keeps playing players out of position to satisfy his own ego of selecting favourites. Last season papered over a lot of cracks, this season has just highlighted them

Dublin Celt likes this.
  10. john2061

I remember we won the league the game before we played sevco a few years back and sevco didn't give us a guard of honour .
    They even wheeled out ex captain Ferguson to say it not going to happen and it didn't .

11. Heb Celt

He could lose the rest of our games on us for the rest of the season and still be in the job and the crazy thing Is none of us would be that surprised any more.What a shambles.

12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The worst part of last night was that when Ross county scored I didn't even feel anything. In fact I was nearly happy as this little run he had gone on was just giving the board some opportunity to stick with this madness into next season. Good teams make their own luck and Lennon has us on the cusp of being turned over even in games where we are dominating. He has completely turned the club upside down. Squad full of players who don't want to be there, a youth academy turned to mush and absolute no rhyme or reason to who he is going to pick, what formation he is going to play. A good Celtic manager should pay his own wages with player development and European money. the cheap option has put the club back 15 years.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The worst thing about last night was knowing after Christie's sitter that Ross County would score and was just waiting until they did before turning off.

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Fully agree the inability to tactically break teams down (Cluj at home) has been going on for two years and was for me the cause of everything else (defending/ player form/ tactics etc). We didn't lose last night because we conceded a goal we lost because we have zero cutting edge and we should have been 3 nil up after an hour

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s what I’m saying.

Wether it’s a collapse or a sudden turnaround, it rarely happens overnight, particularly when we’re likely to lose a number of key players this summer.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I agree with some of the post but not all, they will back Slippy and DD and the board will appoint a cheap option once again like they have done in the past.

They will use COVID as an excuse while they get stronger and we get weaker.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we will go out and get a Rodgers type of manager because the boards track record since O’Neil is downsize and do it on the cheap bar Rodgers.

The new manager when they are appointed won’t have the tools because most of the team will be sold and he will have to have some time to implement change.

I do like your optimism but I honestly think it’s going to be 2/3 season before we are at least back on top or if Slippy leaves them.

I hate them with a passion, but he has them playing well, no doubt about it or they wouldn’t be in the position they are in and playing well in Europe too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  17. JamesM09

This is correct but completely misses the point in my opinion.

You’re right, it can change on a dime, but the objective was to create a situation where it couldn’t change on a dime anymore.

We are back to 2010. Of course we can hire a better manager next season and win. Just as likely we get another dud in and lose. That was supposed to be finished when they died.

There has been no development at the club in 10 years. We don’t plan any further than 12 months and have no ambition to upgrade the club. We should have a world class coaching, youth development and scouting infrastructure coming to fruition after 10 years. We have * all.

People are talking about a ‘complete rebuild’ next season like that’s an acceptable * situation. We’re back to the old days of a 50/50 each season, which is a * scandal.

18. truedub1916

And sadly that’s exactly what the board want
    50/50 seasons. this means they can downsize save money as we will loose interest in the champions league as our focus will be on stopping rangers
    It was always the plan.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. JamesM09

By the way, how the * people can defend him now is beyond me. Social media is full of * saying, “he’s hurting he’s one of us”.

The * is * LAUGHING in his interview because he knows he’s * at it.

He’s not one of us. He’s another over privileged narcissist that loves his wee power trip of a job and he’s only upset because he knows he’s going to lose it and no one will give a * about him when he does.

People need to stop buying into the birthday caird ‘Celtic man’ pish. It’s just a thing people say to get your money, you idiots.

Keano88 and bhoy81 like this.
  20. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I defended Lennon a lot longer than perhaps I should have but that interview last night was an absolute abortion from start to finish. Some call posters here reckon he is smirking at the start, I think you are being generous, he is practically laughing.

Labels the game a headscratcher. It's not a head scratcher at all Neil. Goals win football games. We had 3 strikers on the bench watching Christie hit every surface in the stadium bar the back of the net. We got cross after cross being whipped into eduoard, who let's face it, is not prolific with his head. Even by half time for all the possession Ross county had two shots on target to our one. I felt the writing was potentially on the wall.

When he says we didn't play badly, we absolutely did. The performance was not dominating, it was boring football that was evidently going absolutely nowhere. Saying the result encapsulates our season should be his biggest hint too, when you are constantly winning it isn't a fluke, just as when youvare constantly dropping points it isn't a fluke. For the record Neil this is not a bump either! This has become the norm this season.

Of course the most tragic bit of this interview is when he pointed out we are not learning from our set play mistakes. Neil, it is as clear as day that this fall's on your shoulders. You are the man that sets the direction, you tell the team how we set up against
    set plays. I think if we are being honest, when county got that freekick we were all sat waiting to go 1-0 down. I wasn't even suprised to see a county player meet the ball. When he is asked "you say you are not learning, what can you do then" - this is where it has become clear as day that Neil Lennon has run out of ideas, he didn't know how to answer it. He gasped, he looked everywhere, itching about his face and didn't even answer the question. Infact he made it worse by saying 'I cannot change it now'. Why cant you change it now!? John Hughes seems to have fixed it for county in a very short space of time?

And finally his sorry might have been worth a * if he didn't practically laugh throughout the interview.

I won't start calling him names or belittling his previous achievements with Celtic. That being said, i lost faith in his ability a fair while back. This interview/performance has simply crushed any minor belief I had that he might actually have any idea of how to fix this