1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Go to profile>personal details>custom title.

Slater67 likes this.
  2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Honestly don’t know so much, amazing what a good manager can do, can remember when John barnes got sacked, the Huns media saying we were at least 5 years behind rangers ( a far better rangers than sevco), Martin O’Neill came in with a his vision of what he wanted , the way he wanted his team to play and a good eye for the type of players he needed for this to work, within 1 season we romped the league and went on to win a treble, a good manager can do that

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Hi I think he might in bother with this January review coming up...

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I think the board want Lennon in charge for next season regardless what the supporters want. With still no fans lilely to be allowed in to games next season, reduced income there wont be any big signings let alone big money for a top manager etc. Basically downsizing and a limited budget, that's why I think Lennon will be here next season.
    However on the other hand he has caused us so much damage, undone all the professional set up and training, coaching that Rodgers had introduced. He does need removed before he causes anymore damage. If the budget allowed I dont think we would attract many decent players with Lennon in charge. A lot of frustrating and difficult times to come before the end of the season.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's no point speculating right now or predicting we won't win the league next season..

We're a shambles right now granted but if we get a good coach in, we can easily retain the title..

We have some good player's here already and under new guidance and structure, along with some required additions...we will improve massively..

We need that coach in pronto...or at least to announce that a new man in coming in..

Judging us on how we are and what we're seeing just now, is pointless..

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's not just you, I said before this match I thought he was actually delusional, in the proper medical sense of the word, and I am coming more to believe that's the case with every passing comment he makes.

As far as his management goes, the Mariana Trench isn't deep enough to show just how out of his depth he is when it comes to modern football. He can't accept the fact that the rest of world football has moved on in the last 10 years while he is still stuck there, hoping and expecting that what used to work, ie getting them to run a bit in training then telling them they are better players than the opposition so just go out and beat them, doesn't cut it any more, even against vastly inferior teams and players, and then not being capable of understanding why it doesn't.

And he just keeps digging us into a deeper pit the longer he refuses to accept reality, or those in charge refuse to take the decision out of his hands. Never mind how bad it is now, it's downright terrifying just how bad things could still get with him here.

NakamuraTastic, TonyTim and The Prof like this.
  7. SuperZidane

The longer this drags on - the bigger that worry grows. I think we'll know within a month (once the league is lost).

If Lennon stays - it bodes so badly for our club on + off the pitch.

There will be a reaction from season ticket fans but I don't think it would stop Desmond if he really wants to keep Lennon.

However, the atmosphere next season will be awful - especially if fans are allowed back in the stadium.

I don't see why I should cut Lennon any slack (and I don't think very many fans will) - bad performances and/or results will lead to walkouts/boycotts of matches.

Desmond is egotistical but I wonder if he's prepared to potentially throw the club into turmoil just to show the fans "who's in charge"

Bobo_ likes this.
  8. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    In ordinary circumstances, yes.

But we're looking at an enormous rebuild, during a period where our finances will be the worst for well over a decade, and the scum's will be the best since their reincarnation.

Those denying this are the same that had their head in the sand over the disastrous Lennon appointment. We're looking at some very grim times ahead. It will be years before we see another title in my opinion.

9. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    If he stays and fans ate allowed in the hatred he wil getbwill be toxic we could be winning by 4 goals and the fans will be booing

10. Bunk Moreland

Desmond is one of the biggest waste of space at Celtic. He's bought his shares and contributed absolutely * all in 20+ years except allegedly, if you believe rumours, was the one behind bringing in Martin O'Neill and Brendan Rodgers. He's a billionaire who hasn't put a penny of his wealth into the club, he's not even the majority shareholder yet seems to be the final word at CP, he hasn't brought any investment from his rich mates into the club, he's literally done * all.

oh bhoy and JamesM09 like this.
  11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I stand by it, he wont be in charge next season.

He's not even spoke to Mckay yet, and he isn't going to come out saying "Naw I'll be gone" unfortunately.

I think we'll have some clarity after the league is done, whether the payoff rumour is true or not.

That reporter can get to * btw, he knew what he was doing with the questions.

12. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    It’s easy to fall into this trap as a supporter when the board are clearly negligent. And you can see this has passed on to the players too. They’re * fed up anaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. SuperZidane

I'm not sure about that. We are abysmal but the Huns aren't world beaters.

Obviously we can't spend multi millions on players but I honestly believe that, if we get a decent manager/coach who (unlike Lennon) has an eye for a player - we could get good money for Eddie/Ajer/Christie and bring in decent replacements for the same or less money. We have the makings of a team that can definitely compete with Rangers - the longer Lennon stays - the harder it will be.

I think we could be champions again sooner than you think - depends on a new manager/structure and how well we can work within our finances.

14. wulliebad

The board don't care and lenny won't leave and if he cared he would have walked........so * the lot of them,plenty things to do in life rather than watch that * for 90mins.

15. murphy88

No they shouldn't. Which is why I would expect my captain to sort that out and grab either Ajer or Welsh to mark him, if the dumpling in the dugout can't organise it.

TonyTim likes this.
  16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agree completely.

No chance of CL qualification next season, and a good chance Sevco do. Winning the league next season would be a minor miracle to be honest.

The most likely scenario is that we’re looking at a few years of playing 2nd fiddle domestically, and that’s mostly done to Lennon, Lawwell, a Desmond.

NakamuraTastic and The Phoenix like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Never thought I’d say it if their is truth in the bonus rumor the. Rangers win next two games out us out of our misery so this guy can be sacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The damage he has done in under 2 years from caretaker until now is beyond criminal, it's damage at cataclysmic levels that are beyond comprehension, if there were criminal laws against mismanagement of a football team he'd be looking at hundreds of years in the nick.

I've now mentally erased him as a Celtic player, captain & manager from the history books.

martin_d, Lewis Kerr and Breathnach67 like this.
  19. jambo_cfc

Can genuinely say ive never felt so low as a celtic fan ! I as a fan during the barnes season and can never remember feeling lke this !!

NakamuraTastic and Bernie Bhoy like this.
  20. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would anyone care for a splash of hyperbole?

NakamuraTastic and SteveyNico67 like this.