1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thank * we never got that davies, how bad is he if he can't get into that defence. Think Duffy could improve it its that bad

2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Seen somewhere he's injured

3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Even happier then, skelf injury on his *.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    See Ryan Gauld is a free in summer, tbh don't know much on him but he's supposedly been good in Portugal, saw he was linked to Sporting again, that'd be weird after first time.

5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He was mince at hibs. We can do far better than Gauld, plus where would he actually go in the team? We don't need him for 10 and I do t think he's a winger

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We'll definitely need midfielders come summer. I agree that we should be aiming higher than him though.

If we were to take him from Dundee Utd, who knows what his career would've looked like, or what player he would've become. He definitely had potential and was the better prospect out of him, Armstrong and Robertson.

Oh well.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Maybe 1 or 2, and only really to replace those that go. I'd like to see robertson in the team, if Connell is a thing he is mid on the dm kind of role (I think, never seen him play) Henderson as well who should be getting game time.

Goalie will be needed, Defense needs everything, 2xRB, min 2xCB, a LB, we may want a winger for each side, and probably want a striker dependant on turnover and what we want playing as we will have
    Ajeti, Griff, Paddy, Bayo, Afolabi all there, I'd expect likely Bayo to go but I wouldn't mind if he got an actual crack at it. Afolabi, if he doesn't stay in the team this season I can't see him ever being in it, if he is loaned again it needs to be a prem team but he hasn't lit the championship alight so dunno. Eddie will be away that's fact, Griff dunno I don't want him to leave but depends on what the setup thinks next year.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You still claiming you used to be a professional scout?

* me :56:

9. Goggzy60

All I have done the last 18 months is hate how my clubs going and watch whatever football that interests me. If I’m bored after 15 mins the game gets turned off.

These players I have either seen (Nyambe and Kiko) or I suspect we will sign (Gallagher and Campbell) another guy who is interesting is Nisbet if we lose Griffiths as he’s another guy who can do well in the league with goals.

10. Foley1888

Another impact of the pandemic has been that there will be a lot of good bosmans out there this year as clubs can’t afford to keep players or players see this as there chance to win a good move so don’t sign new deals.

Nyambe is one we should definitely offer a deal to at least test his interest given the fact we have no senior RBs.

Allan Campbell is another who although might not jump straight into our first team has been a standout in the league for a few seasons and has a lot of the attributes our midfield lack in terms of energy and ball winning not to mention experience of playing with one of our key players in Turnbull for years.

As posted before there a lot of talented players out there well within our price range of not for free. Brining I the right DoF and Head Coach needs to happen soon so we can get out there and get some good deals over the line as well as getting the most we can for Eddy, Christie and Ajer. The form of Eddy and Ajer should help keep a healthy amount of interest in them and hopefully get us good fees.

11. Goggzy60

I was also looking at mainly UK based due too Brexit, looks like it will be tougher to bring in non uk based players

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Foley1888

But over the summer window the rules have been relaxed by UK Gov. Also guys playing in France, Belgium, Holland and the big leagues are practically guaranteed a work permit. Scandinavian markers are more tricky than they used to be but if players are in the national team that offers a route there too.

Where the work permit issues of Brexit have shut some doors they have opened others. If an African or South American is playing regularly in one of the leagues above now they would get a work permit here where as before you tended to need connections to their national team.

13. CountyDownFaithful

Thought the lad who played RWB for Antwerp last night was decent.

Capped by Portugal at various youth levels and came through Benfica youth system.

Contract up at the end of this season.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd like us to go for Campbell as a cheap back up. We're gonna lose some midfielders this summer and he'd be a cheap option to fill a place. It'd allow us to spend money elsewhere where it's needed.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Campbell is nowhere near the level of player we should be signing.

Euan Henderson and Scott Robertson are better players.

Turnbulls right peg likes this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He'd be back up. Everyone is aware that it'll be a Soro, Turnbull and McGregor combination in the middle of the park next year.

Are Henderson and Robertson better? I'm all for giving them a shot, obvious. I'd expect them to fill in as well to be honest.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. CountyDownFaithful

Tbf I tend to agree with this.

When you look at the scale of the rebuild, we need squad players as well as first team players.

Someone like Campbell could be an low-risk signing and fill in when required. He’s still young and plenty of development in him.

Tommy25 and Hammy89 like this.
  18. Foley1888

He seems to be fairly highly rated particularly in attack. Although I think Antwerp have the option of extending his deal by a year so he wouldn’t be free.

There are a good few players in that league and Eredivisie I would have a look at. Liberto Cacace for left back being one who would be a cracking signing for us. Queensy Menig as an option from the wing whose deal is up at Twente, their Keeper Drommel is also looking for a move to a bigger club and has been capped by Holland already.

There’s a few others like Mats Knoestar, Lindon Selahi, Jorgen Strand Larsen, Riechedly Bazoer, Sydney Van Hooijdonk, Ilias Bronkhorst (league below) Daan Heymans, Thomas Peter, Andrew Hjulsager, Yuma Suzuki and Fashion Sakala, (they have been linked to him) from Belgium.

Not all bosmans but all should be in our price range

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Van hoijdonk and bronchorst are type of pedigree we should be getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Goggzy60

I would definitely make a move for Sydney, he’s not yet at a Eddy or Moussa level (he may never be that level) but he knows how to put the ball in the net (better than Ajetti anyway) will always have sale on value too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.