1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Director of Football - Do we want one?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Zander, Feb 13, 2021.

Discuss Director of Football - Do we want one? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  2. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm perfectly calm mate, in fact I'm actually quite amused and, trust me, there was no offence taken.

I was merely pointing out the flaws in your argument for the necessity of a dof. Even the above post^ contains holes. You're adamant that we should be restructuring and appointing a dof, yet you think this course of action will ultimately fail:43:, and there's nothing pedantic about concerns of another yes man in the position. What if we had a good manager/coach but an ineffective dof who had the ear of the ceo? Who would ultimately carry the can for any failings on the playing side? The manager.
    And not appointing a dof incase we get a bad one is actually a very sensible argument. If the personnel are available ie the right candidate for dof and a manager willing and able to work in the system I'm all for it. Whst would be a huge mistake would be restructuring just for the sake of it and shoehorning some underqualified, inexperienced into the role, eg some guy who is Desmond juniors pal and looks after the loan players at man City.

1. Hypothesis and supposition. Admittedly my points are too but I'm not using them as a definitive argument for or against.
    2. This is micromanagement and is not prevalent or inevitable in all organisations at all. It is a personality trait/failing and not everyone in positions of senior management has it, only bad ones with control issues.
    3. More hypothesis, and given how stubborn and arrogant Lennon is I'm sure he would have reacted positively to any challenge on his methods (or lack of).

3. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely, but the right people need to be available.
    We can't just restructure just for the sake of it then fill the roles with inadequate appointments.

4. JamesM09

Okay mate.

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Cool:34:

6. jambo_cfc

Reading about the boy from juve and this is the one i would want , seems to do everything in the right way and the way as fans would want !likes his transfer business done early and scouts all over the world

Double Dutch and JamesM09 like this.
  7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just read that article myself mate, excellent read and sounds like exactly what we need

seanm likes this.
  8. seanm

This all day long.HH

9. jambo_cfc

Yip cracking read , think he would unearth some decent talents from places we wouldnt usually look , him or the boy from brentford for me , think brentford once they finally get into the premier league will go from strength to strength , their system from top to bottom is superb

10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll be honest I know nothing about Brentford, or any other club really, but always respect the views of guys like yourself that have obviously done some digging. But that Italian boy, from what I've read today, he seems like the ideal guy to bring in. Thorough, meticulous, professional, dedicated and highly knowledgeable. The kind of appointment that would drag us by the scruff right up to where we should have been years ago.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Did someone say DOF?

upload_2021-2-17_21-58-44.png

JC Anton and DamienCorkBhoy like this.
  12. jambo_cfc

Brentford are similar to the way the juventus guy is described but they adopt more of a monchi approach (monchi was the sevilla head scout who was highlighted as the reason sevilla rose to prominence) where they would say we need a lw who averages x amount of crosses per games and x amount of dribbles and has good pace but not from a top league or a if they are in a top league maybe a mid table team and who is a bit of a young rough diamond (thats how they found dani alves and also did it with kanoute who looked bang average at west ham but he ticked the boxes of winning aerial dules and bringing people into play for them) His scouts would report back with say 20 names and he would narrow it down to 4 or 5 and then look at value for money ! Brentford have dis it with a few good players like watkins who they got from exeter , behnrama who they got from nice who had a few loans from nice , the next two they will make mega bucks on will be toney and mbuemo . Think the brentford boy falls more into what celtic would like to have

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Matteo Tognozzi will be the new sporting director from July 1st apparently.

14. DamienCorkBhoy

Would be delighted if true, after reading about him.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely your source isn’t this :56:

Bobo_ likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Juve, lervurkusen, Hamburg, sounds impressive.

One would think we are nearing a time to shift some season tickets and need to stir up some hype and illusion of actually doing the right thing for once.

It won't come to pass.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Uh oh

18. DamienCorkBhoy

Flip sake got me excited until I put his name on twitter and that's the only thing that came up.

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Spunkphone 1 - 0 Celtic_Daft1888

Valhalla likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be fair put his name in Google and there is a lot the past day or so about him

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk