1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Listening to Si Ferry interviews and players talking about Lenny as a manager and a just can’t connect that guy to the guy in charge this season.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    You behave yourself :97::56:

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    See the FaceBook NL lovers are back with a vengeance. This is what happens when we get a couple of half decent results against teams that, in all honesty, we should be getting results against anyway. This is the problem - they don't see the bigger picture and think wee results like that show we are back however, in reality, they only paper over the cracks and prolong the agony

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    The average football fan isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, they live for the weekend football win and that's it, they think short term and not 1/5/10 years ahead...either in their own affairs nor for the club they support.

Moore, Peej and thailandceltic like this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:giggle1:

6. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I think there a two basic types of fans, 1. The here and now fan who takes it week by week up to a season at a time, they comment on the analysis of the performances of players on the field each week he/she is more interested in the last game performance the players in the team now and potential new players, what the manager is or isn’t doing in the near future and of course this year 10 in a row.

2. Then there are the fans who are interested in the issues in point 1. but also look on the club as a whole, the state the club finances are in, the people who run the club and the message they send out, the way the club projects it’s self to the public, how the club conducts itself in political spheres (SFA, UEFA etc). they also look at long term strategy and succession management. What direction we should be going in as a club and wether private, corporate or fan ownership is best for the club as whole.

I think that more than most clubs Celtic fc have a very diversified set of fans from across the globe and we are steeped in history that sets us apart we are a boutique club not rich and powerful like Madrid or MUtd but people take notice of us because who we are and what we mean to football.

I for one would like to see a new manager come in now to settle in for the next few months and assess the situation and then deliver a strategic plan to the new CEO to take the club forward on the field, I am also a big believer that the manager should select the players he wants I or out but let the negotiations (finance) down to the CEO and his team I think in corporate structure this is the best way. I also understand we are a company and need to make money maybe not huge profits but enough to grow steadily each season or every other season.

PiotreQ and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  7. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

bet he is still the manager at the start of next season

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah you're absolutely spot on.

Folk who've been watching football for 15/20/30/40+ years haven't a * clue...

celtneill likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Must be honest , quite enjoyed that open goal for a few months, Novelty s wore off can’t be ersed with it anymore , kinda same ol boring *, wee guy slaney quite funny but same old pish

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. john2061

Well if the board only want 15000 season tickets sold its madness and they should be removed as well .

SuperZidane likes this.
  11. JamesM09

I wouldn't say they don't have a clue, but a shocking number of supporters just can't see the bigger picture.

12. green-yin

He said: “I think the point Rangers are trying to make is it has to be consistent for all clubs, not just the big two.

“I think we are really high-profile, the two clubs, and our lot seem to get scrutinised a lot more than other teams. It is trial by TV."

How about calling out the officials who arent sending their players off during the game and allowing them to play these games with 11 men still on the park, instead of agreeing with the huns bullshit "consistency" claims.

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * me he's backing sevco now.

Seriously, I think he's * out if his tree. He's obviously leavin his brain cells at the bottom of tins of special brew

With all the * we've had to deal with, with all the * sevco get away with on a WEEKLY BASIS, he's now saying poor sevco get "trial by TV".

who the * is this guy?

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:fear:

NEIL LENNON says that Celtic and Rangers are under more scrutiny than other clubs when it comes to the SFA disciplinary procedure due to a ‘trial by TV’, as he echoed the calls from his Ibrox rivals for more consistency across the board.

The Celtic manager says there is confusion around how the disciplinary system operates these days, which was heightened in his own case by the citation of his striker for simulation recently, a charge which was ultimately deemed not proven on appeal.

But he says that it is unfair that Celtic and Rangers players seem to be disproportionately charged retrospectively for alleged offences due to the high profile nature of their matches.

“To be honest I don’t really know how the system works these days,” Lennon said.

“You get three referees to look at incidents and then say ‘yeah this needs to be looked at’ or ‘that needs to be looked at’.

“I don’t have an opinion on the Rangers issue [when Kemar Roofe was charged for a tackle on St Johnstone’s Murray Davidson], I had an opinion on Ajeti’s which we felt was folly from our point of view. It proved to be not proven which was always the case, we felt. It certainly wasn’t simulation.

“I think we are really high profile, the two clubs, and our lot seem to get scrutinised a lot more than other teams.

“It is the trial by TV. In the main maybe they get the majority of decisions right and I think they got Ajeti’s right [in the end]. I’m not going to comment on the Roofe one because it’s not my place but in the main I think they get them right.

“People will say that we get away with a lot. And others will say we get punished a lot. I think the point Rangers are trying to make is that it has to be consistent for all the clubs and not just the big two.”

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Neil. Please, just * up mate.

The fact that he’s even trying to somewhat defend that other mob is criminal.

They have been, quite rightly, had players been retrospectively banned for shocking acts on the park, and have had a disgustingly amount of challenges and moments of blatant cheating ignored.

Again, this will be added to his own personal dossier of excuses...

16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well i dont have a * clue whats going on at Celtic these days and been a supporter 52 years

seanm and thailandceltic like this.
  17. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

He comes across in the interviews as angry and bitter, as if he knows he out at the end of the season and is just sticking it out for whatever reason I don't know.

18. stew37

I've avoided his bullshit as much as possible recently, haven't listened to any of his interviews or read the details, but saw something online today along the lines of 'Neil Lennon defends Rangers.' Just absolutely get tae * now.

seanm, thailandceltic and TheWolf like this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * off Neil you utter delusion *.

Siding and backing rangers here? He does * realise why they are making noise, doesn't he?
    It's a * pretend outrage at them being caught out once or twice by video evidence.
    Which happens to ALWAYS be after the games.

They need to be called out MORE and done so during games more often.
    Not * defended as I'd they are being hard done by.

From this and all the way back to telling our fans to shut up and that our voice is worthless, this guy is a fraud of a manager and I'm seriously questioning his understanding of the fans and this club now.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. Sgt Neppers*

Doing the huns work for them...jeezo. How low has he fallen. Completely Unnecessary interview.