1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St. Mirren v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 10th February 2021,KO 20:00. Sky Sports.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 6, 2021.

Discuss St. Mirren v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 10th February 2021,KO 20:00. Sky Sports. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dip 'n' Swerve

if we won all our games after dubai, and 2 points at Aberdeen from earlier in the season (mc gregor pen) and win our game in hand = 14 points, add that to our current 58 = 72 points. with a home game against rangers not far away it would make it a tight run in.

Makes you think if we made changes after prague games or even brought in a few players in jan incl. a defender and goalkeeper on loan fs.

we have threw it away no questions!

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  2. Harry Caray

He's a handsome chap but doesn't look 39.

3. SuperZidane

Yep - they are going to win it at a canter. It's annoying because I really don't think they are anything special - I actually think we have a better squad overall.

If our board had the balls to get rid of Lennon back in Sep/Oct - we would still be in the race.

They deserve to be champions - we have been really * for most of the season and they haven't.

Our realistic targets are to stop them clinching it at Celtic Park and delay their coronation as long as possible.

Our standards have dropped unbelievably in the last 2 years!

4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They have had 40 yellow cards during a match but a few were turned red after complaints and if those red cards had happened during the matches tbe league table would look very different.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Funny how the BBC in their highlights last night chose to look closely at two tackles by McGregor yet chose to ignore the two tackles by the Murdewell players at the weekend. The bias is blatant from the refs, it's blatant from the SFA and it's certainly blatant from the BBC.

6. SuperZidane

Of course, it's all down to the referees. Didn't seem to stop Rodgers winning the league at a canter did it?

We are all well aware of the bias of most SPFL referees but if you are claiming that we would be in contention if it weren't for them then you are as delusional as Lennon.

When they came to Celtic park and * on us for 90 minutes - that was down to the referee was it?

We are so far behind because we have been * for 80% of this season and have dropped points to Livingston, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone whereas they have not.

They spent their transfer money more wisely than us.

They have a top class coach in Michael Beale while we have Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan.

I despise the SFA and the masonic/Orange influence.

However, if you want to deny the major problems at our club and trying to pretend that it's all down to referees in the SPFL, I suggest you get used to the disappointment of seeing them win the league.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think @Drakhan has said "it's all down to referees", his point was pretty clear that the "League table would look very different" and there's a strong case for that.

3 red card offences missed during 3 separate games, with retrospective bans after the match when they have already won.

Penalties in multiple games missed - including 3 separate incidents v Motherwell earlier in the season. 1 given to them that wasn't and 2 denied to Motherwell that were ie. A potential 3 goal swing

Itten equaliser against the same team - offside, not given.

*List not exhaustive

We have been * this season and no supporter I know is claiming we don't have issues or would have won with impartial officiating; but they've certainly done their bit.

Celtic being * and the referees being crooked aren't binary options. Both can and do exist.

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    370 minutes together? They look they've never met each other before you muppet.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s right 370 minutes together. Again just over 4 games total. It would need to be 4 full 90 min starts in a row to even start considering their partnership to be gaining some momentum. Not 4 games split over an entire season. “muppet”.

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The red cards in particular. They have had 4 away wins by one goal when they should have played a large chuck or most of the game a player down as show by the multi game retrospective bans. They got 12 points in those games yet at most they likely would have got 2-3 that is a big 9-10 point swing right there. We have been * no question but they have gotten a major helping hand from the "honest mistakes" brigade.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I love your optimism but for all those things to happen we would be witnessing the greatest choke job of all time. I just do not see it. In particular I just do not see us winning all of our remaining league games.

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Decent second half performance I thought yesterday. First half was really dire stuff from both sides in fairness. They stifled us again and the hard bobbly pitch made it very difficult. Rogic's goal was a moment of individual class in an otherwise awful first half. Second half we were definitely much more dangerous. Should easily have scored before the PK but once we were 2-0 it was game over. Only down spot on the night was Welsh going off injured. Looks like he will likely be out a while and that is a real shame as he was deserving of an extended run in the team to really see what his level is.

14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Again I don't get Lennon. He is saying we were excellent !!. Really ? On commenting on the second half "Where has that performance been" ? The first we were poor, too many passes going astray, unable to break down a stubborn defence as usual. Second half we were better for 4-0 flattered us. St Mirren gave up after the penalty, we were hardly breath taking or excellent . I cant help these wins are disguising the fact that Lennon is tactically poor, in game management is none existent. Those subs last night, they have got to be the most bizarre yet. The more wins like that the more likely he will get the backing of the board for next season, and more and more people on social media buying into that or just accepting it will happen. There was to tactical genius last night just the reliance on good players coming on to a decent game. Only Lennon knows what our shape was meant to be for the last 10.

15. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    First half was dreadful. Rogic goal was the only real bit of quality. Mentioned in another thread about how we keep repeating bad habits or patterns. Outnumbered up the field and positionally never got into the areas to cause problems. Forcing the play through the middle, because we had no width.

2nd half was different. Both fullbacks were higher up the field and providing width for the attacking play. McGregor further up the field and working closer to the rest of the midfield. Rogic and Turnbull in areas close to combining with Ajeti and Eddie. St Mirren attacks were less frequent and we had more control of the play. 3 goals in quick succession killed the game, as did the subs.

16. SuperZidane

I completely agree - they are not binary options. At no point, did I dispute the fact that the Huns can always rely on the 'honest mistakes' brigade of referees. It was ever thus.

The way I read the post came across as using the referees as the main reason the Huns will win the league. I really get * off if people make excuses for Lennon and our "performances" this season - clearly that was not Drakhan's intention so apologies for misinterpreting that. I absolutely agree that the biased referees have helped them along at every possible opportunity.

We have been the main architects of our own downfall this season - Lawwell is going and Lennon (+ his management "team") must go. If Lennon stays - the Huns will win the league next season as well

The blatant bias of the SFA/SPFL officials should be highlighted at every opportunity (hopefully McKay will do it more than Lawwell).