1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If I’ve no fell asleep I’ve turned off on about 70 minutes.

:56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I get that sorta thinking mate, I really do, but Eddy makes us better even not at his best.

The one that I’m raging about is Griffiths. For so many * reasons, probably the foremost of them that we’re much better with him there but can’t trust him to make sure he can do it.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I like Klimala’s attitude btw, but he is never a Celtic striker. Think he can ne a decent striker but he needs space or to be a counter attacker. He’s like Kenny Miller playing for us.

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Happy with the win but we certainly weren't "magnificent" and the thought that we might need to start Duffy against St Johnstone gives me the fear.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye even a 70% Edouard is a good player..

No question about his ability. When he wants he is far too good for this league but he downed tool's, wanted out and asked to sit out of game's..

Was giving zero effort at time's, swanning about and running in to 5 defender's on a weekly basis..

I can't and won't rate that..

We relied on him turning up for 1 more season and he shat on us..

Griffiths knows what this season meant and he let us down badly as well. Wee * will rightfully get emptied at the end of this season..

I'm done with loads of them. Lot of mitigating factor's but some of them have played their part in our free fall..

charlietully and Seán Mac D like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Same. I like him and he has shown in flashes that he has something to work with..

Never gonna be our main man but him and Ajeti cost us the best part of 8 million quid. I'd rather give the 2 of them a shot who are at least trying/willing/hungry for it, over 2 guy's who aren't/haven't been..

Chieftain likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We’ve had this conversation before and I see it different with Eddy, I don’t believe it was him downing tools. There was disrupted game time, his head being turned definitely and not being able to give his best form due to that and also our team not getting the best out of him and him getting greedy, I think he was wanting to put the responsibility on hmself to be the one to beat a couple players and score when nobody is taking a chance. It just didn’t work.

if he wanted to force a move and gave up on us, he easily could have, he only needed to text Moussa for tips.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And we would be so much worse for it I think. Infact for a large part of this season I’d put Ajeti in the other camp, last couple games is the only time he’s looked fit and a team player.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He was asking to be left out of league game's for us but was all in when the French under 21's were playing friendlies in Azerbaijan..

I know he's a laid back character but you only have to look at his demeanor this season to see a guy who hasn't been all in for me..

A top player can go through a bad spell but his was month's and month's..

I've no doubt he's been asking Moussa to get him on a chartered flight to the south of France..

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Maybe, who knows..

I disagree though. Some player's need to be played in to form or have minute's in the leg's. Wee cameos here or there are never gonna do anything for an Ajeti..

If he isn't trying or half hearted then that's another who will no doubt be punted in the summer..

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I get that mate, same thing happened with Van Dijk, thing is others turned up around him after that and he picked himself up. It took up until December time for that as well.

But he had a season wjere there was no spells out, Eddy got injured, got Coronavirus. And was expected to go back in 100% anytime, and he was incapable of doing that.

I really understand your point of view, but I think it’s because the rest of our season has made us look at everything in the worst light.

If he wanted a move that much, he xould have easily forced it I think mate.

Wouldn’t take much to get the board to accept a large bid.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s fair enough, that’s part of my point with Eddy this season as well. And Ajeti had an injury, when he was just picking up the pace with no pre-season.

He has looked really unfit though. That probably isn’t his fault on reflection.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Edouard Honestly look happier without Cham around, no doubt having a moody * moaning about how * it is and the club is and how they cant wait to get to * has a negative effect on you.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I probably am bitter about him. Always will be now..

There was no way the board were selling our best player and main striker/goalscorer in the summer with the start of the 10 season. Also the small matter of the market being right up in the air so I can't imagine many club's were there with 30 million or so to throw at us..

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See if he done a Dembele, he’d have been away. I’ve no doubt about that. Nobody can survive doing * like that when they have a large price tag.

Aye, might not be £30m but if he done a Dembele it’d be an easy £20m

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think they could afford to take 20 for him in the 10 season. At the time it would've been disastrous and daylight robbery..

If we knew then what we know now.......

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m saying if he decided to force it, if he done what Moussa done to force his move, think we’d all be blaming him and saying us signing Ajeti for £5m was us seeing it coming mate.

We’d still slate * out them, but think that would be the initial reaction.

My point is he didn’t, he was unfit a lot, think he thought it was all on him to make the moment of magic when we weren’t doing well and it’s been up until mid-December for him to get fit and for him to play freely.

I don’t think he chucked it, thought he was just not playing well mate.

Contrast that to Griff, he * chucked it, to an extent that he couldn’t be on the pitch to give obvious criticism to him.

King of Kings and McChiellini.. like this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I agree mate- a just think the guy looked low on confidence and nothing was coming off,people saying he looks like he doesn’t give a * even when he was banging goals for fun last year he still looked like he didn’t give a * - just the guys manner

Griffiths one of the ones who’s * me off the most this season- fans manager s players all stood by him when he was suffering from mental health issues and rightly so and when he came back it was great to see and everyone respected him, him n Eddy playing together was a breathe of fresh air, a great partnership, Lennon s made a * of a lot of things but I’m sure he would’ve started the season with the 2 of them right from the start of the season, then he comes back after lockdown a stone overweight, people again saying it must be hard for a guy suffering from depression, guy was on open goal, sending all sorts of pish on Twitter and Instagram, in our most important season he basically couldn’t be fked or arsed keeping in shape
    Even when he came on tonight he’s just looks totally done

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think that was our full plan, and when Griffiths * it, we didn’t have another one. Then Forrest as well.

Not adapted to any curveball this season, not adapted to the conditions this season. It’s arrogance.

Forster not coming back is in the same category as well, we had no plan B and signed a guy who had played well against us previously and hoped it would work.