1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Making up scenarios to suit your argument now.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  2. Foley1888

I am the same I have not seen anything like this before where a team hold on to a manager underperforming for as long as this and not being sacked.

However back in October/November after the first Sparta Prague defeat I had this feeling we could change now and still have a good shot at the league, there’s not that much in it and plenty of points to go. However I just knew we would wait until it was all but done before changing.

What I never expected is that it would be all but done we would be struggling to beat anyone and have committed PR suicide with the Dubai debacle and not even tried to have a new coach and started a rebuild for next season by now. That was unthinkable yet here we are.

seanm and greengrocer like this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    There are a lot of managers who would just walk to save face and hope people remember positives but that hasn't happened with Lenny. 2 sides who refuse to back down.

seanm likes this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think most managers would walk knowing that they have a reputation to protect, as well as a career elsewhere to look ahead to.

I don’t think Lennon has either at this stage, and that’s probably why he’s still here. Last big payday, basically.

seanm and The Phoenix like this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He can't be skint though surely. He played at a reasonably high level between 96 and 2008 and has had managerial work for the last decade He's even gone to bad mouthing his mates after isolating the whole Celtic support. The guys an idiot, end up a real Lenny no mates.

seanm, greengrocer and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  6. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Taking the * with these interviews.

Absolutely shameful.

7. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Thing is weve said this for years likes of nicholas commons and walkers all putting the club down to get a job in punditry BUT hes only using this now because it suits his mantra even going after the government and media hes trying to get the fans back onside but would he be calling this of he was cosy in his job NO he needs to go

Westlondonscot likes this.
  8. jambo_cfc

hartson and sutton were two of the last pundits to call for change they backed him too they really coulndt anymore !

seanm and Westlondonscot like this.
  9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He's a petty *.

seanm and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    "These people have sold their soul"

The * irony there. Astonishing..

"I'm happy with the way I have dealt with thing's, my conscience is completely clear about how I've gone about my work as well"

Lol. What about when you threw the player's under the bus at the start of the season after completely, single handedly * up our champions league qualifying? That's just for starter's..

I can't be arsed quoting another thing from this wee * * but don't dare try and patronise us after the * you've served us up this season. We don't grasp, want to grasp and ignore all those factor's. Get to *..

seanm, kinglenny, honda and 1 other person like this.
  11. oh bhoy

Boo * hoo * off Lennon

seanm likes this.
  12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It’s all relative I guess. If you’ve been a premiership footballer for years, come to Celtic on very good money, gone straight into coaching here probably on good money again, then into management etc...you’ve definitely made good money but also go accustomed to spending a lot of it. The prospect of that drying off while you’re still in your 40’s would definitely give you something to think about at least.

seanm likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Actually taking to laughing at us all now. The only folk in this cesspit of a country that would defend him and he's just thrown it all back in each and every one of our faces.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly for us its mental money, for someone used to spending a grand for lunch, or visiting the £50 a pint posh joints and 20grand a week getaways it'll soon vanish.

seanm likes this.
  15. Sgt Neppers*

The depth of this man's delusions and self denial knows no bounds. Everyone else, everything else is to blame except himself. The only acceptance I've heard is "maybe we go them to much/little information". And now he turns on his friends. They're admitting the truth as their credibility would be shot if the denied also.

* zoomer off a man. An embarrassment.

Need answer about DOF/future plans now from the board. This rockets interviews are harming the club's credibility at an alarming rate.

seanm, thailandceltic and The Dude like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon is a * Balloon.. needs burst..

seanm likes this.
  17. CountyDownFaithful

I would say those comments are the final straw but I’ve been done with him for months.

What an utter * of a man. To sit there and continually recycle the same garbage that we’ve heard all season.

What a shame for wee Lenny... getting criticised because his decision making and tactical naivety has cost us numerous times this season. That’s not the case in his eyes though. It’s the players fault and he is exempt from all criticism.

It’s actually painful to hear him talk about next season never mind two, three or four seasons from here. Even with McKay replacing Lawwell and the chat around a DOF coming in, it’s impossible to be positive about the future when this incompetent, disrespectful and deluded man is still our manager.

TonyTim, seanm and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  18. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Lol. If fat sally came out with half of this stuff we would be pishing ourselves!!
    Needs to go for the sake of his own health..

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The longer this goes on the worse it will get, i'm astonished that Lenny is being allowed to continue, the Board are spineless.

seanm, celticdaft238 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  20. JamesM09

He's had subtle digs at the support for years.

Lennon is a classic entitled * of a footballer. Adored by the fans for years. His opinion is we are here to put money in his pocket and put him on a pedestal. How dare we complain about him.

He was humble when he first came back because his years in the wilderness was a reality check for him. Many on here predicted if he had any success he would quickly revert to entitled, arrogant * mode, because that's his real personality. Here we are, a treble won in spite of him and he thinks he's gods gift again.

* him, he can go work a real job and pay for his ticket like the rest of us.

murphy88, ede, celticdaft238 and 2 others like this.