1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

Nope - he actually said it.

He's either trolling the fans or he genuinely has completely lost touch with reality.

An absolute embarrassment of a man!

Artorias and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's trolling.... he's a horrible little man.

It's easy with no fans.... he'd not be in a job today if there were fans.

RiquelmeCSC and LectersLuncheon like this.
  3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    When is some * gonna tell him to stop talking utter *!

Artorias and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Some of the quotes from him have recent days have definitely shaken my conviction that there’s no way he’s staying behind this season.

He’s trying to shrug it all off as an impact of Covid - a situation that all clubs have had to contend with - and the press simply aren’t challenging him at all on it.

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's no wonder fans become so disrespectful to Lennon when he is disrespecting fans with interviews like that.

He spent weeks calling us hysterical for constructively criticising the seriously underwhelming performances at the beginning of the season. Then when that hysteria turned out to be founded and our season imploded in disgraceful style, he has no humility to accept that the fans saw what he didn't.

Thankfully whatever promises about remaining that have been made between him and our equally disrespectful board members won't come to fruition. Not because the board are competent or because Lennon's conscience tells him to resign; but because supporters simply won't buy into another season of this arrogant individual's nonsense.

Completely destroyed his legacy for me. I will celebrate his exit like a Cup Win. It's sad that it's came to this but it's all his - and the board he continually brown noses - own doing.

6. JamesM09

I’ve been trying to tell people for months. The man hates the fans, he’s never a Celtic man. He’s just lost the 10 in spectacular fashion and all he can do is troll the support. Total scumbag. Seriously who would do that? Trolling the Celtic support is literally hun behaviour ffs.

Honestly we had people on here defending him through all this, doing mental gymnastics to try and paint him in a good light. Lenny fanboys.

Call the * out now for what he is and let’s make sure we never fall for this sentimental * again.

7. Foley1888

Results aside Neil Lennon has not half shown himself up this season. He is literally the definition of self centred and egotistical.

How anyone can look themselves in the mirror having been a major part in delivering what has been a complete shambles of a season and feel they are getting a hard time?Throw in the fact you are a lifelong supporter with an affiliation to the club and it makes it even more incredible.

He has blamed everyone this season and not once turned around and said I need to improve or do better. The players have to do better; the young guys need to do better; the supporters have to do better; the media have to do better; the fitness needs to be better; ex players and pundits need to do better; the players need to want to be here; other clubs COVID protocols need to be better and and there needs to be supporters in the ground. All these things need to be better but not Neil Lennon himself? He won a quadruple treble if you ask him.

How Neil is still the manager of this club having managed to record some of our worst European results for a long time including a 4-1 home hammering from Sparta Prague B team; been knocked out of the league cup at home to Ross County; overseen not one but two of our worst runs of form in decades and delivered the most inept performance against them at home I can remember. Even blowing a 2 goal lead to a team from the Championship in a cup final.

How can anyone produce such tragic results and at no point hold their own hands up and say I have not been good enough? That is before you consider the fact we have won the last 12 domestic trophies and were going for a record 10 titles in a row, in any season this would have been well below the required standard.

In the last 20 years we have only lost one title having gone into the second half of a season not even in the running and that manager was sacked as they should have been, so why has this one not been?

8. murphy88

Ironic.

9. murphy88

It's like he thinks we should all just forget about this season as it's different to any other. He is overseeing one of the most embarrassing campaigns in our history, he is now hated by a lot of the support that used to adore him, hanging around for a few sheckles, but his conscience is clear! I am at the point now where I despise this *. Just * off and never step foot in Celtic Park again, because you won't be welcomed, just like Lawwell.

Peej likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Wow, what a petty little *!

So his ex-team mates and probably (now) ex-friends say the least little factual thing, and Lemon says they’ve sold their soul for likes?

Utterly embarrassing.

The_Bhoy, JamesM09, ciaran72 and 3 others like this.
  11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He really is digging his hole even deeper. Won't have a friend left after this. Ex players have backed him til they were looking like * themselves. What a disgrace to fire shots at them.

Wee Baldy, Big els, The_Bhoy and 4 others like this.
  12. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    My * he's turned into such a *. Takes no responsibility for our position and him implying that hes going to be here for years to come when he knows hes not is just a snide comment aimed at the fans and media.

Artorias likes this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Remember thinking after the Ross County result ‘well, at least that’s him definitely away now’. So young, so naive :giggle1:

Just mental thats he’s still here. I’m not sure I can remember a situation like elsewhere in football. For him to shrug it all of and try to portray us as a bunch of reactionist, spoilt idiots is just the icing on the cake.

I used to think my opinion of him would soften over time and I would eventually welcome him back. I honestly think it’s beyond that now. I only want him back so the fans can let him know what they really think of him.

Wee Baldy, The_Bhoy, JamesM09 and 4 others like this.
  14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    So basically he's just admitted, publicly, that it would take him 4 years to try and turn things around if he remains in charge? And even then it's just "hopefully".

He doesn't even believe in himself it would seem.

15. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    * this *. I hate him. I truly utterly hate him. Those comments * me off. Just want him to go so I don't need to see his * face.

seanm, The Phoenix and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  16. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Obviously Valgaeran wouldn't be playing centre half in this example. Fool

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That years comment is a proper dig at EVERYONE, fans included

Trying to be a smart * now too.

Get to *

18. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I defer to your considerable experience in this matter

19. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s honestly pathetic how thin skinned he is. Just because he used to play in the same team as some pundits now means they shouldn’t be critical of his performance?

And none of them have been scathing, as far as I know. The likes of Sutton and Hartson just said that a change is needed. They haven’t been harsh at all.

Lennon needs a * slap from one of them.

seanm and Mr. Slippyfist like this.