1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

That wasn't unusual for us to look ordinary away at Killie though. Rodgers team found it tough there as well.

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    * at Tannadice as well. There were problems before Ferencvaros imo that game just made it worse

3. Dubliner1

Last nights performance shows the players still respect Lennon. The players who have left recently have said good things about him. It would have been easy for those players to stick the boot in if there was something as they didn't have anything to lose. We all know something ain't right this season but I feel the pressure of the 10 has been a BIG factor plus the Covid fallouts.

4. Dubliner1

Meant to add the recent recruitments have been poor

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed. I’ve no idea what the hysteria is about. I can’t believe people are so entitled, we’ve won nine in a row and and quadruple treble, that should hold them for the next few years. The players have obviously bought in to Lenny’s plan as evidenced by beating managerless Kilmarnock in a dead rubber.

If we hadn’t conceded the 14 goals in the league from set pieces, lost twice to our biggest rivals without scoring a goal, had a noticeable style of attacking play, some form of shape off the ball, similar spaces between our players on the pitch, any form of cohesion between our players, a consistent line up, and a hint of professionalism at any level of the club, we’d be a lot closer to the top of the league and maybe be competing in a European or domestic cup competition or something along those lines.

The_Bhoy, The Phoenix, Slaw and 6 others like this.
  6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I hate the fat ginger rat more than yesterday.

I hate him when I wake up, hate him when I go to sleep.

A selfish, arrogant, unprofessional, unhygienic bag of *. Hope he never earns another penny.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    * sake one win and the blinders are back on with some, we are * chronic with a manager who has made so many mistakes dating back to last season, he is at fault not solely but majorly he is not good enough to manage us, i have accepted he will be here till the end of the season but he should be gone when the final whistle is blown on the last game of the season.

8. SuperZidane

Does it really? A lot of those players are either playing for their futures at Celtic (under new management) or putting themselves in the shop window. Why would players leaving "put the boot in" and get a reputation as trouble and put potential buyers off? - it costs them nothing to make nice comments.

I doubt Lennon commands any respect from those players after he has thrown them under the bus so many times.

After Bolton, Hibs and now this season - I don't think Lennon commands a lot of respect in the football world as a manager.

IMO, if he wants to stay in management - he had better be prepared to take a big step down.

I suspect he'll become a pundit and say he's taking a break and waiting for the right offer to come along.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  9. david100825

His record from season 12-13. Don't know why we are so surprised we've dropped so many points this season.

[​IMG]

10. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Celtic fans vented their fury with manager Neil Lennon despite a 4-0 win away to Kilmarnock with another harsh banner outside Parkhead.

The Ayr Bhoys CSC took credit for unfurling the message outside the stadium.

Celtic sit 20 points behind Rangers this season and Lennon has come under serious fire this term throughout with sections of the support calling for his head after losses to the likes of Ross County, Rangers and St Mirren at home.

[​IMG]

But the posters have, perhaps, not been as damning as this one with a 'F*** off Neil' message left for the Northern Irishman.

Their message read: "A legend does not act bigger than the club, your legacy is nothing.@CelticFC".

Crilly likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We got away with it that season because we did well in Europe

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Way employment contract work pretty sure the departing players are not allowed to air what went on why you don’t hear anything negative come from Rodgers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That was also a level of performance that was above the rest of the league, so nothing wrong with that there

Look at the last couple to get a more indicative view of what these players should be doing. We had 2 draws and 2 losses at this point last season,had topped the group in Europe etc, etc. To go from that to this fuming joke in the space of 6 months is an utter * joke.

I forgave the ferencevaros loss as we were still producing wins in the league (albeit generally scrappy * ones but I'll take those any day over dropped points) the * he put out the Europa especially the sparta ganes was the real catalyst of this season going wrong, coupled in with the first loss against the huns. He lost it completely then and we've not recovered. Went onto * freefal in the league after the 2nd loss to them and the dubai fiasco. And now its in needing a * miracle of the highest order.

And for avoidance of any doubt, I'm. Not defending him here, he needs to get to *, he has utterly * us this season.

14. Sgt Neppers*

Huns are 6 wins away from winning the league. * despise them. It is truly pathetic that's the scenario at the beginning of February. Once the inevitable happens. He's * right out the door. He shoulder most the blame for this season, regardless of whatever he says in his delusional pishy interviews.

Lennon out...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think, in hindsight, that’s a mistake that a lot of fans made, as well as the board.

From the opening day of the season we’ve looked vulnerable at the back. From very early on, we’ve also looked relatively toothless in attack, relying on individuals moments to win games.

For me, there was never any sign that we were going to turn it around, and the focus on results is what ultimately cost us. We might win a game thanks to one of Christie’s dozen or so efforts on goal finding the top corner, or Griff coming on and salvaging the points for us, that’s not really what wins you a league.

There was always this assumption that Sevco would collapse and we’d turn things around, but I don’t think it was ever based on much objective evidence.

16. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    The last point, it was starting to get irritating the number of people saying not to worry as the huns will collapse in January, “like they always do”. It was never happening this season, people learn from their mistakes. Well, apart from Lennon that is.

17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

18. JamesM09

Mate the people that say that like it’s a fact are genuine morons. The fact is we have one of them as CEO and one as Celtic manager.

Its up there with ‘Dubai will fix everything’. Our Manager and CEO genuinely thought that. That’s their intelligence level, and they’ve been running this football club.

It’s a disgrace, I can’t believe it took people so long to see it.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hes here till the league is mathematically lost.. after that he can * right off without his bonus..

Not even our useless board could think of keeping him on after that..

20. Dubliner1

That bonus stuff is nonsense. Do you actually believe he's on that type of money plus this amazing bonus? He ain't Brendan Rodgers