1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by SteveyNico67, Feb 1, 2021.

Discuss TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    To be honest who the * would want to come here,a manager who’s lost the plot half the first team wanting away. A rudderless board you couldn’t make this * up completely embarrassing. They will make film of this in years to come.
    A nightmare in London Road
    this film has been rated a 18 contains scenes that may offend or upset you

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. Paradise88

Surprised we have our 4 strikers. Could we not have chucked in Edouard with Ntcham for an extra £5m.

Paddy or ajeti should be loaned out.

Griff will do to the end of the season but we need 1 danger man, not 4 showing just 'glimpses of something'

3. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    The positives out of this TF window for me is that few players in and few leaving indicates to me that the players know that finally, just finally, Lennon is for the off ski
    And with a new RB, hopefully Ajer back in the centre, and Duffy no where near the first 11

Wee Baldy and Dan Breen like this.
  4. oh bhoy

where are the cb's davies,mckenzie,benkovic no * a * disgrace!!

5. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Or we are just tight, no money, saving what we have because the Board now realise season ticket sales will be affected .

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Be realistic, lennon will still put Duffy in

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Interesting that edouard didn't go this window, more than anything else.

I find it very strange that we are letting a £9million signing run in to the final year of his contract.
    We will honestly be lucky to recoup the money we paid for him in the summer.
    Clubs will know we will need money after covis, lossing the league, likely not making champions League again and then knowing we either take the £9-10million they offer to recoup our fee, or risk him signing for a free the next year.

I'm setting myself up for a downer by thinking there is an alternative that he may sign a new contract here depending on who the next manager is.
    But that's just not gonna be the case.

The sheer lack of signings this window is a good sign that surely Lennon is not seen as the man for going forward, regardless of how much of a * he wants to act in press conferences to pretend otherwise and that life is okay at the club.
    The downside is, we * all know he should be gone and this window really should have been used for a new manager to assess the current players and bring in 2 or 3 key players/loans to have pushed us on for a glimmer of a title challenge (assuming the new manager would have been in place long before us hitting 23pts behind).

As for jonjoe Kennedy, never * heard of the guy. Not got a scooby who or what sort of player he is.
    I'll not believe for a moment Lennon saying he is one he's wanted for awhile or any *, he's clearly not. He was second choice at least, with the original idea being ajer at right back.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You need 4 strikers at a football club.

1 gets injured that’s it *.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    £5m for Edouard. Are you having a laugh?

The £4.5m for Ntcham isn’t even guaranteed either.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Frimpong has just gone for £11.5m and you don’t think we will get £9m for Edouard?

Might be the last year of his contract, but he’s come a long way since we signed him, in all aspects. He will still go for double what we paid.

11. Paradise88

He's probably worth a bit more but he's clearly not interested and clubs aren't spending. Think it's pretty obvious he isn't consistent enough and would be a gamble for any big club in a more competitive league. I'd take what we can for him and we should have started our rebuild in this window ready for the qualifiers.

12. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Unless I`m missing something, surely the fact that there is little or no money around at the moment is the same for everyone. So finding a competent replacement will be cheaper for us than it would have been 12 months ago. Similar with wages. Yes it could be argued that the bigger boys have the appeal and possibly the enticement of higher wages, but the market is ultimately the same today as it was 12 months ago. We`re just the same as everyone else, will have less income to spend, meaning less transfer fees and lower wages. Unless the board wish to spend spend spend to stop the other lot winning their second SPL title.

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    What about CB's?

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What about them? I’m talking about strikers.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I wouldn't give two fecks if our board went out and spent spent spent to stop they feckers winning the league next season. The huns have been getting away with it for years now without getting pulled up for it and I bet you not one of their fans gives a * about their club being in debt, just as long as they are winning. So, * the fancy new hotels, * the prudent approach and just get us back to being proud of our club.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yeh I know but if they haven't made any allowances for CB's getting injured then I don't think they will be putting any thought behind having the right quota for strikers. So, basically, they are a bunch of amateurs when it comes to any sort of forward planning

17. Bonobhoy

These players also contributed to loosing us 10 in a row because they dont like the manager. Lennon has * a lot this season and deserves to go,the players have done the same and also deserve to go.

There is no positive in knowing these scumbag * deliberately downed tools because of Lennon.

I cant stand my * manager hes a clueless * as well,but guess what i cant down tools...i still need to do my * job or im out.

Anyone that criticises Lennon and doesnt criticise the players in their wrong doing in this whole saga are just blind and letting their absolute hatred for lennon oversee everything else.

Lennon the staff,Desmond,Lawell and a majority of that squad have * over the fans this season.....* the lot of them

oh bhoy and combi like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’d be disappointed if we get less than £20m.

19. wulliebad

Thank * that's over,i was running out of nails.:87:

20. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Thank * he didnt

Can'tbehooped likes this.