1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I wouldn’t be lapping it up. I’m not going to be making posts about hun players, I’ve got a life.

The guys mentally *. Piling onto that is pathetic. Bottom line. Don’t care how * a player he is.

He shouldn’t be reacting. He shouldn’t even be on social media if that’s where his head is at. But as I said, a pile on and some comments being made are pathetic.

terrasidius likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Oh dear :54:

3. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Thats fair enough, I agree some of it is over the top but I think the way this season has gone, he's made himself a scapegoat.

All the way back to beginning of the season a Brighton fan made a smart * comment on Twitter about who was paying his wages, he snapped back that Celtic were paying the full lot.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s not about football though the abuse has far surpassed that, there’s a line and people don’t mind crossing it because they know they won’t face any consequences.

Ultimate * bag behaviour to make themselves feel better when Duffy is probably tearing apart inside. No amount of money makes you immune to that and it’s public knowledge now he’s struggled mentally this year.

Like I said he’s a * footballer. But this public humiliation that’s taking place is far beyond that and it doesn’t sit well with me, especially when it’s our own fans.

eire4, Ewang83, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  5. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He's had a very rough time here and isn't mentally in the right place especially. Another person like lennon who should be told thanks but no thanks.

Instead he's being played every week knowing in his head he feels like he is walking on glass when he's on the porch . Any sane persons at celtic would have kept him on the bench and away from the limelight.

Sydneysider likes this.
  6. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Celtic fans: If tHe FaNs WeRe iN tHe StAdIuM....

Also Celtic fans: you canny give a player abuse coz he’s *. You don’t know what affect it’s having.

:55:

7. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Also funny how certain posters are giving Lennon a load of abuse (personal as well) but in here defending this big dod of * coz someone said he’s not very good.

Bazza Bhoy likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

* this, all sorts of players have received dogs abuse from fans when they've been * and for the most part it is deserved.

Cost us points, cost us titles, I'm sure as * not going to be all buddy buddy, offer sympathy and hope they are ok. * that. Duffy is no exception, yes Lennon is culpable in some of it because in the end Duffy doesn't pick the 11, Lennon does and with guys like Welsh rotting on bench when he's hardly done a single thing wrong is going to help fuel the resentment that fans have towards manager and player.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s disgusting that this guy is getting a game in front of young Welsh just because of the loan fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza Bhoy likes this.
  10. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Now embarrassing us when he's not even playing.

11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It's been a disastrous signing and he's clearly hurting.

But as * as he's been, he is not the main problem of our season.

I feel sorry for him tbh

Ewang83, reillers88 and Sydneysider like this.
  12. Bonobhoy

* spot on.....As much as Lenny has * it,the abuse over the months has been sickening,but some reason they dont abuse any others to do with the club....thats just as bad as he is.

13. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    He should've been taken out of the firing line months ago, it's clear as day he's mentally suffering.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Another one who doesn’t quite get it.

Nobody is defending him against the criticism of his football ability. They are defending him because it’s gotten toxic and beyond football now, Huns and “Celtic Fans” publicly attacking him.

He’s *. But a lines been crossed now as I’ve already said. It’s embarrassing.

I’ve criticised Lennon because he’s also utter * at his job. I don’t think I personally abused him, but I’ve now criticised his character because he’s showning his true colours. I’d never aim to publicly humiliate the guy and create a mob mentally against him which is what’s happening with Duffy now.

15. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    And Lennon hasn't been publicly attacked? Banners outside the stadium, even ex players using all sorts of media platforms to tell him he's finished, clueless and all other sorts.
    But Duffy goes onto someone else Facebook page and starts having a go because he got criticised, and that criticism is out of order? It's a personal opinion (shared by many) that they guy put on his own Facebook, not Duffy's. Lennon has had that mad presser and got ripped to bits on here (even called an alkie and all sorts), in the press and online platforms, for responding to warranted critcism, but Duffy gets defended..... for some reason?
    Our whole club has been getting publicly attacked this season, from the Boardroom down, and rightly so. The * are you defending one guy for?

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Still not getting it.

You can’t justify abuse because someone else is getting it too. You can’t question why I’m defending Duffy because I’m not currently defending Lennon.

I’m defending him because of what happened with his old man and the fact it’s public that he’s struggling mentally. Something I can relate to, something personal to me. He’s obviously snapped. Eventually it gets too much.

The guys rock bottom and you’ve got people who will quite happily make sure he stays down. People sitting behind a computer or on their phone. Sad *, with no life, who put others down to make themselves feel better. They’ll share things or say things, then they put their phone down and there’s no consequences. But Duffy will be getting this constantly day in, day out.

As I said it’s beyond football. I think the guys a shocking footballer. If he wants to defend himself that’s on him, I don’t think a pile on is warranted when he does it. What the * do you expect him to do.

eire4 and cat123 like this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'd have expected him to do what most footballers really should do, especially those struggling mentally, and that is make their social media private and avoid having direct contact with the general public on those platforms.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I agree.

But it doesn’t deserve the pile on from Huns and some of our own fans.

eire4 likes this.
  19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The huns aren't really slagging Duffy though. They're just laughing at him for being *.

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I have no ill will to the guy and wish that his loan had been a success. The truth is he's been left to the mob by Celtic continually exposing him when he's not in the right place to be playing under the extreme pressure he is been put under.

The club should be protecting the guy if he's vulnerable instead of throwing him to the wolves.