1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big C

Any chance we had of sending him back went out the window with the injury to Bitton today, *!!!! I’ve said it previously, send him back and put the money to getting the 18’s back again, his wage would cover that and way more.

2. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    I hope we don't sign Ben Davies earlier because of Bittons injury, I want Lenny and this * out the door before he comes because unlike Duffy, he's a class act.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. ddub11

Its been a disaster for him no doubt.

He seems to have lost all confidence and i believe if we had cover(lennon believes we dont) he wouldnt be playing.Lennon is doing him no favours and he needs to be dropped for his own good and giving the chance to reset his mind and go again.

i have watched duffy many times b4 he came to us and i was never of the opinion he was anything special,however despite what i have seen at celtic i dont believe he is as bad as what we are seeing.

Like the majority of the team he is suffering in the toxic atmosphere within the club and needs to be dropped for his own good.

He will never be a great player but under a better manager and better atmosphere id say we would see a different player.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Welsh is there surely? I'd even rather recall the 17 year-old who went to Ross County than keep Duffy.

I don't actually blame Duffy. He does try, he's just awful.

5. Lennon1888

Might as well shove a kid in for valuable experience.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    terrasidius likes this.
  6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I've never seen him play before he came here, to the best of my knowledge, but I get the feeling he is the type of defender that is used to a backs to the wall type of game where he rarely leaves the 6 yard box and is only expected to hoof the ball as far away as possible. I think the culture shock of having to actually play outside of that has broken him, and he can't even do that side of things any more.

martin_d and terrasidius like this.
  7. BottleCapBandit

My anger from watching him attempt to do whatever the * he is trying and constantly failing is being overtaken by the worry that he'll never recover because Ireland need him and I think this season and the fallout is going to ruin him mentally.

8. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I watched the game today on a live stream (it kept cutting out, presumably cos the server crashed from all the traffic on the site created by nosy huns) and Duffy looked quite reasonable in the second half; looked composed, assured, and made some decent passes and challenges, as well as bombing 70 yards up the park with authority and confidence. The damage was already done, though, with him * up the challenge for their second, winning goal. Think he has lapses in concentration and underestimated Scottish football.

9. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * off, he was at fault for both * goals again.

He's the worst defender I've ever seen at the club, a manager that was just * could see that, don't need a good one to see that this imposter should not be playing.

Other than the header that was saved at 93min he did * all and since it was saved, it doesn't matter a *. This * has personally cost us about 20 goals this season

Lennon1888, TonyTim and Hammy89 like this.
  10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I never watched the 2nd half, but he overtook Turnbull as Celtic most rated player at 7.4. And I thought Turnbull was pish too, again. He's getting dragged down to our level quickly too, remember hearing Packy Bonner mention it a week or so ago, and agree.

11. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  12. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    That's funny :57:

PiotreQ likes this.
  13. oh bhoy

get him back to brighton to *! welsh has to be given a chance never want to see duffy again

14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    He’s been shocking for Ireland since Kenny took over anyway. Kenny wants to play football, and this useless Carthorse can’t do that.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ambrose cost us a goal every now and again. Duffy seems to cost us at least one a game. Still don't understand how he ever managed to play against some top class players down in England and not be at fault for at least a few goals each appearance. Feel sorry for the guy, and us for having to suffer watching him.

16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Duffy, Jack Hendry, Barkas. All big failures at Celtic.

What have they all got in common? That's right, Minty opened their Welcome to Celtic threads.

Let's remove his thread making power before his curse affects another innocent Celtic signing.

The_Bhoy, Twisty and Bazza Bhoy like this.
  17. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Brighton averaged 1.58 goals conceded a game in his maiden Premier League season we've averaged 1.2 goals conceded each league game so far. I'd be interested to see what our goals conceded average is in the games he's been involved in.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ambrose was a bit of a diddy but he was miles and miles better than this stiff diddy clown..

The_Bhoy, Rydo1888*, Valhalla and 2 others like this.
  19. DonnyCelt

Nottingham Forest trying to see if Duffy can go to them for the second half of the season??

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    They wan't Virgil van Duffy? Surely we wouldn't let our top defender leave at this vital stage of the season?

(please please let them take him!)