1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sin

I'm not in the know in any shape or form.
    I have been told by someone with ties to the club what I have just posted, he could be full of * I guess we will find out soon enough.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just don't be a messenger then you can't be shot

3. Sgt Neppers*

Spot on. Common sense. Sadly little of it being used at the club currently.

The Prof likes this.
  4. JamesM09

It is a guess mate.

Even if it is reported tomorrow, it’s still just someone making a guess based on what’s likely to happen so they can seem more important than they are if it’s right.

The Dude and The Prof like this.
  5. Sgt Neppers*

We are all desperate for news about the club currently. And for once, nobody knows anything. Very little has surfaced until today. What people are saying is small stuff that isn't anyway ridiculous or fantasy. Gives us maybe a little more to talk about than just saying Lenny GTF. Guys posting it aren't staking their lives on it.

Edit: takes my mind of home schooling.....now that's a grind.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    King of Kings and The Prof like this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's common knowledge that Lenny will be away, either in the summer or before it lol.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    My source is very close to Talkceltic.net and they said the mods are going to make an announcement about this tomorrow.

8. DonnyCelt

Hope your right pal.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's just poor taste to spout unverified stuff that's most likely BS, because false hope is worse than no hope.

10. JamesM09

I know I'm in the minority but I'd take Kennedy until the end of the season and sack Lawwell. Let new leadership come in towards the end of the season and bring in sweeping changes.

I don't like the idea of Lawwell having any say on who the next manager is, even if it is a good managerial choice.

There is far too much short-termism at the club. Letting the man who hired Neil Lennon in the showers be involved in the next manager's appointment is outrageous.

My simple prediction is if Peter Lawwell remains at this club, we will either continue this path of failure or we will achieve short term success and be in the same position in 2-3 years.

11. Sgt Neppers*

The board could dispel false hope and pish by releasing some form of communication. PR dept needs overhauling also. In the modern age we are so arhaic. Need that link between fans and Club.

The Prof and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  12. JamesM09

Thing is mate, everyone has heard something from someone that seems to be 'ITK'. If you don't discourage it then it will run rampant.

Speculation is fine and can lead to interesting thoughts and discussion, but when people claim to be ITK it descends into a farce, purely to feed someone's own feeling of self-importance.

For example, if I said I think Lennon will be away tomorrow based on e.g., the transfer window closing, his remarks in his interview etc., that's surely far better than someone making a guess and pretending they know a member of the board.

13. TransferBhoy

You also need to accept people may know individuals with close connections to the club....

Could be sponsors, individuals employed by Celtic, agents etc

14. Sgt Neppers*

Scottish football has always been affected by short term thinking. All clubs looking out for themselves. * me off years that.

Lawell needs to be removed from all playing sides of the club ASAP. He should have zero input in who the new management team will be or how their changes are implemented. Think Lawell will have uses elsewhere. No doubt he is an accomplished accountant and is good with cash. But he also his hands on many a pie in the game in Scotland and within Europe as well. Could handle him doing this role and do a proper hamd over of the off field roles to a new CEO over the next 18months.

But NL and PL need to go ASAP. Their input is now poisonous to the players and fans. Not mention Lennon looks unwell now. His MH can't be great.

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Lenny has been part of providing us with great memories both as a player and as a manager. Sadly with all this he’s * it, certainly in the short term.

johnboy19 likes this.
  16. Lewis Kerr

I believed you with regards to transfers but you said this months ago and hid afterwards when the * stayed. Got my hopes up for nothing!

17. JamesM09

I do accept that. I know individuals with close connections to the club too, by the way. Many Celtic fans do. I never feel the need to regurgitate everything I hear. Seems to me only a certain type of person desperate for attention does that.

Also people that do know these 'individuals' know that a lot of the time they're not as close as they think and are often taking guesses. Sometimes they're right, sometimes not.

The problem is when someone gets a guess right and puts it on a forum they can then pretend they know more than they do and start spreading bullshit as though it's fact.

18. Sgt Neppers*

Fair enough. In this case, I think rumour Mill in re Lennon has been quiet. More just hopeful fan opinion. Hopefully we hear something soon.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. JamesM09

Yeah I kinda felt like this too at one point. Like Lawwell could still be used in a consultancy role or maybe a CFO instead of CEO.

Not sure how I feel about it now though. I feel he's built an Empire of his own men at Celtic and maybe needs to be removed entirely otherwise he'd just be a hinderance. You could see how we could bring in a new CEO or DOF and them be hindered by Lawwell's interference.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck

He's provided us with many more horror shows and humiliations as manager than he has great moments.

Even some of the achievements have been a tough slog.

League Cup final last year, treble treble Cup final year before and that abomination against championship Hearts this season.

JamesM09 likes this.