1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Hamilton, Scottish . Premiership, Wed 27th Jan, KO 19:45, Celtic tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gandolf, Jan 25, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Hamilton, Scottish . Premiership, Wed 27th Jan, KO 19:45, Celtic tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Thank * for the win. Nothing has changed though. Still look lost in all areas of the pitch.

Hope N Ur Heart and Peej like this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yes it was good to win tonight but I totally agree with you that nothing has changed. We could easily have lost a goal when Bitton fecked up at a Hamilton cross or when Taylor fell on his * to allow the Accies player a clear run on goal.

TheWolf likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Worked tonight, although I had no real intention to watch this anyway.

Against shower of * like Hamilton, bottom of the table fodder, I don't expect us to struggle. a 2-0 win is not "great" or anything, it is just standard 1st gear games.

Nice to see a win for a change, a clean sheet as well - though against a team who has only scored 21 goals all season, I aint exactly expecting there was any need for a great defensive performance either.

I'll not celebrate this any further than "thank * the team didn't * up again"

Lennon is still a * of a very high order.

TheWolf and neilly1987 like this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

what was the formation tonight was it a 4132 or 4222 or something different

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah been posting loads about wanting rid of him but Lennon fan boy who only shows up when winning.

Makes sense.

You really are a bit thick aren’t you?

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like I missed an epic.

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    1st half was pretty decent I thought, aside from only being 1-0 up at half time.

I have mentioned in other threads about having 3 up against teams who sit with 4 or 5 in the defensive line. Thought Eddie, Griff, and Mo El worked it well(In terms of formation, Mo El was "head of the diamond". But was more in the attacking line than a playmaker as such). Kept it narrow in terms of their shape and rotated well( Tended to be Eddie drifting left and centre short. Griffiths coming short centre and drifting right) Having the rotation and keeping them narrow, some good combinations, we managed to create a bit of space out wide. And the best example of it was when McGregor looped on the outside of Eddie, drove to the byline at the edge of the six-yard box. Before cutting the ball back for Griffiths, who couldn't adjust to the pace of the ball. These type of attacking play have been scarce all season, as we have huffed and puffed all season against the low blocking setups.

Thought Turnbull and McGregor provided good control of the ball. And at least got into areas where teams need to worry about them and the threat they can be. Turnbull lifted a lovely ball that Mo El nearly got onto. And played a few good passes into the advanced area. Soro sat behind and hoovered up. Taylor and Ajer were a threat on occasions. Bitton and Duffy were troubled by the two up from Hamilton. One massive * up where they both were badly positioned and missed the cross ball, Moyo guy fluffed his finish.

Sitting eating my dinner at halftime, was quite content. Keep up the level of play and add a few goals in the 2nd half, would be ideal.

Then like it has been all season long, we served up a stinking 2nd half. Everything that was good about the 1st half. Turned on its head.

Eddie got the 2nd goal, bit of perseverance and composure to finish. Hamilton did make a change and you could attribute some of the causality to that decision. But the absolute pedestrian levels of play. Far too much time and too many bodies to transition the ball into the Hamilton half. And then, 4 subs in a 10-minute spell, killed it.

Sumed up our season. A malaise.

Maybe it is just the way I prefer to see the team play. I would rather see us being more ruthless. Others might prefer the clean sheet and control of the game. To an extent, we need to see both from this side. Given its the 1st win in 5 games and we need to prove a few points, to ourselves first and foremost. And after the 1st half showing, it was quite disappointing how the half played out.

citybhoy, Jmac402 and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  8. SuperZidane

You would know! You were the arch Lennon Fan Boy for a very long time - but all you could offer was personal abuse against anyone who dared question Lennon's management ability.

You only started posting about wanting rid of Lennon late in the day when you saw that the majority of opinion on here wanted him to go.

If Lennon were to win the next 3 games, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you switched again (and hoped no-one would notice again!).

Do keep us updated on the latest opinion of the week.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I was going to explain the concept of opinions to you again and how they can change over time, like supporting a manager when winning league titles and then not supporting them when blowing league titles, then I thought * it. If it hasn’t sunk into your tiny mind by the 14th explanation then chances are it never will.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

thanks man excellent post

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Your puns aside, I agree it was a great finish.

Wee thumb’s left peg is still a thing of beauty.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Didn't watch because of the CB pairing. At least we now know the diamond definitely works in attack. Lennon learned we need the diamond. Let's hope he learns Duffy is hopeless. Same team next game, minus the CB pairing. Ajer and Welsh are most likely better.

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree about center backs, but who do we play RB? Ralston maybe?

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Where is Elhamed? There were quotes from his agent a few months ago said he wanted to fight for his place. I suppose Ralston will have to do.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Anthony Ralston holy *

17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Won ourselves a watch with that boy.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    When are they gonna show us the unique angle that Lennon sees where it looks like he's doing a good job instead of overseeing one of the most embarrassing failures in our club's history.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Played 4-4-2 with the diamond in midfield. Overall it was a decent performance. Backline was rarely tested I think Bain had one save to make in the game. Midfield controlled the game and we created a decent amount of chances. If we were not so short on confidence probably would have won 4 or 5 nothing but we are not and 2-0 it was.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.