1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s an absolute embarrassment.

Tactically woeful, zero development of players, delusional comments, disrespectful to supporters, a total * of a man.

A complete disaster, and he speaks as though we should be honoured to have him, * looks like he’s slept rough for a fortnight.

If he had a shred of decency in his body he’d have * off long ago. Even someone who didn’t claim to support us would have done so. Not this * leech. Deliberately sabotaging us for financial gain.

2. StevieBhoooy!

Its not negativity ... Its those raw facts that will concern the PLC.. .. and it is what they would do in that situation..

... you are thinking only as a supporter and from a supporters point of view. The two viewpoints are vastly different. Both might want to see success on the pitch .. but keeping the books looking good is the main aim for one of those groups.

Where do you get your view that there is “no real appetite fir change” ? The threads all over this forum plus internet plus radio phone ins (to me anyway) show nothing more than a strong desire for change. Yes it should have been evolution over the last ten years ... but when that fails then revolution is the next best thing.

As with so much this season, the lack of fans in the stadium and heavy handed ‘stewarding’ at the simplest protest has downplayed the ‘visible’ level of discontent in the supporters. It’s partly why NL and PL are still there now.

You dont hear either of them talking about the need to have supporters back unlike the daily comments and pleading from them early in the season... Lawwell was lobbying parliament and petitioning the authorities with his plans for fans in grounds every week. All gone a bit quiet that.

I fear/think you are right about renewals though. A large number will just renew either without hesitation or eventually give in whether there is radical change or not. Lawwell will be hoping for this as well.

3. ddub11

Thing is,if we drop more points next game he still wont be sacked.So ye have to ask what will it take for him to be giving the sack,its baffling.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

That press conference I watched from him last night was a complete and utter embarrassment. Full of angry, moody and snyde wee comments to each and every question.

Totally lacking in class and yet again either completely deluded or simply lying through his teeth in terms of deflecting from questions about our current league standings.

5. seanm

Lennon we've a cup to defend. The fans we've a club to defend.HH

oh bhoy likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Notice the very first thing he says when he speaks to Lawwell..

The very first thing that comes out of his mouth is those two discussing "selling player's". Funny that :87:

7. JamesM09

I would say you’ve got that the wrong way round mate. I’m not viewing as a supporter at all. If 30%-50% of the annual subscribers don’t renew then a PLC will not sell assets to wait them out. They will remove the CEO and the management that the customers aren’t happy with. That’s me using a common sense business head, not a supporters head.

With regard to appetite for change, you answered your own question by agreeing with me. We both suspect renewals will still be pretty strong, showing insufficient appetite for serious change.

Protests might change the manager, but changing the CEO requires financial consequences, and all Celtic supporters really have is renewals. We might get lucky and see modernisation in the club’s leadership, but I suspect we will just see a like for like replacement at best unless as a support we unite and withhold our renewal money.

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Neil Lennon has just masterminded a win against the mighty last placed Hamilton.

In this newly forged Trumpesque reality he seems to be living in, I'm quite sure he's staring at his phone, waiting for a congratulatory call from the ghost of Jock Stein, this will be preluded by a bullish, myopic and pretentious post game review of how "he told ya so".

His next presser is going to be * unbearable.

Anybody up for Lenny Bingo? Fill yer squares:

"We're back on track now".
    "We analysed recent performances and tweaked *insert bullshit)."
    "I talk to Peter everyday"
    "We will take it one game at a time'
    "We're looking for a RB".

... and so on.

The board must actually be sighing with relief that they don't have to pretend to do a review now.

TheWolf, The_Bhoy and Gully Sands like this.
  9. DonnyCelt

"Nothing close regards incomings"

10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    "No"

Peej likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Seemingly he’s picked 33 different starting XI’s in 36 games this season.

JML67 likes this.
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

He said the same thing 3 weeks ago about Barkas. The man is an idiot

littlekennie likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

At least this shows a consistency. :50:

14. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    Every time he opens his mouth now, he * me off even more!!!

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s fell so far from grace have no doubt he’s been told make the barkas signing work because of the money being spent he should have been a man and said spades a spade he’s no good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Season over at the beginning of January, Lenny called it...................... a difficult season .

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I know fine well he will have spoke to other media and no doubt have said something moronic, condescending, hypocritical or aggressive - but this 2 minutes, in isolation is probably the best post match interview he has done all season.

truedub1916 and Sydneysider like this.
  19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Right so he’s praised eddy and griff up top together....next game he’ll drop griff

Wee Baldy and Peej like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Praised a sensible front and middle, he done it before - then * it up the next game.
    I've zero faith he has seen anything and learned anything from this. Even when he admits to it, he just doesn't understand.

The_Bhoy likes this.