1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Shouldn't be in the job next season, so why the * is he involved in transfers this season? Unless it's a PL project , and even then who says the next manager will fancy whoever gets brought in during this window? Seems like * money away which deprives next manager of funds to rebuild.

* shambles.

Morcombe likes this.
  2. SuperZidane

Absolutely - I have avoided actually watching/listening to Lennon speak for months. However, after reading the comments on here, I watched to see if it was really that bad.

Indeed it was - it was effectively a * you to the fans (I'm a great manager who has won all these things - you are all entitled - Dermot, Peter and I don't give a * what you think.)

I encourage any fan not to renew and/or spend any money on the club until we know that Lennon's going and who'll be managing the club next year.

Lennon's "legacy" is truly established now - a * manager who cost us 10IAR and effectively said * You to the fans.

I look forward to the day he leaves our club - I can't say that I'll celebrate that much until I know who is replacing him.

What a bunch of *!

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON says that he feels secure in his position as Celtic manager, and that he is as determined as ever to bring success to the club.

Lennon has come in for severe criticism from supporters as a faltering season to date has left them 23 points behind Rangers at the top of the Premiership, and chief executive Peter Lawwell has revealed he is subject to a performance review before the month is out.

But when asked if he felt hung out to dry by the club’s board, Lennon said: “No, absolutely not. I think I’ve had some great support from the board. I can’t control speculation or fake news, fake stories. That’s the way the world is now.

“I’m very comfortable with what I’m doing and I have great support from the board, Peter, and also my backroom team as well. So, no, I don’t feel isolated in any way, shape or form.

“I’m not happy with the way the season’s gone so far but I’m very comfortable with my role and pretty determined we get the best out of the rest of the season.

“I speak to Peter every day. We talk about selling players, we talk about bringing players in and I take the training every day with my players. So my role hasn’t changed one bit.

“I’m as determined as ever. I get the criticism but, again, compared to what other managers are going through, it’s way over the top. I don’t rest on my laurels, we analyse everything and we’re trying to change things as best we can.

“But it’s a results driven business and they’ve not been good this year, so it’s all about trying to keep improving the players and finding a rhythm and momentum to take us through to the end of the season, and then see what the outcome of that is going to be.”

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wonder if he'd be saying this if fans on Celtic Park booed him after each *-up. Sadly, Lawwell is fully in control, and Lennon probably does think his job is secure.

5. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Jesus he actually lost it he thinks we're playing well i give up

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    His neck is as brass as his * head.

He CANNOT keep this job.

The very notion that he thinks he might even be able to for a pint in a bar after Covid without fans telling him to get * is incredible.

There HAS to be something going on here behind the scenes. NO professional manager would survive this. Salary McMoist RESIGNED from * Sevco for alot less.

This season alone:

Frank Lampard ...sacked.
    Slava Bilic... sacked
    Stuart McCall... sacked
    Philip Cocu... sacked
    Garry Monk... sacked
    Lamouchi... sacked

and on and on...

And every ONE of these balloons will be looking at Celtic saying *, how come I got canned.

If I was in Glasgow right now I'd happily do time to wait outside Lennoxtown and pIsh on Lennon's car door handles.

GET TO * OUT, YOU * GRUBBY WEE *

Gully Sands and bhoy81 like this.
  7. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

They comments are scandalous.

Using phrases like fake news is again another example of his lack of humility and understanding of anything that’s contrary to his views.

Also, ‘I don’t rest on my laurels’ ?!?!?! He literally dismisses all criticism by swinging back to the * quadruple treble and 9 in a row like he played in every position, every game for us.

He has no respect for us so I have no respect for him. * Neil Lennon.

Gully Sands, Lewis Kerr, Peej and 6 others like this.
  8. celtic warrior

Board have probably told him he can see the season out, which is * ridiculous.

Hammy89 likes this.
  9. Martybhoy53

The only * that's fake is Lennon.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He sounds like * trump lol.

CountyDownFaithful and Peej like this.
  11. Mr Diggler

Lennon has gone full Trump recently. I am literally just waiting on him declaring that Sevco have 'stolen' the league and that he was getting ready to celebrate winning the league when we were top in July. That frankly we did win the league. We wanted all fixtures stopped then because we didn't want Sevco finding points in October time. I fully expect him to hold a rally declaring the league stolen and then rile up his followers into storming the SFA headquaters in an attempt to prevent the league victory being certified. STOP THE STEAL!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  12. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    'We analyse everything and we’re trying to change things as best we can.'

That line made me chuckle.

charlietully and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

There's your fake News Neil.....ffs.

CountyDownFaithful and elbhoydo like this.
  14. stew37

Fake new, just * * off Neil.

Marty McFly and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  15. OverandOver

Go away Neil.

16. wulliebad

We are talking about signings because it will not be long before most of the first 11 will have left. They have to try and counter that with more * signings. But we are only heading in one direction.

17. JamesM09

I can’t believe people are still trying to defend this man.

18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Come on the * these articles are depressing balls clean off me.

I've come to terms with the fact that he may be here for the rest of the season. (Still haven't a clue why mind you)

But please tell me that his contract expires at the end of the season? Someone genuinely please tell me that.

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    He also used the term fake news. I knew the * was only a spray tan away from being completely * delusional.

20. JamesM09

It's a 1 year rolling contract so it will expire at the end of the season unless it's renewed.

At this point I'm expecting them to ignore us from now on and in a month or two Lennon to announce he will resign at the end of the season (although the truth is his contract won't be getting renewed).

Then we should hear all the Lenny fans come crawling out to praise him and shout down everyone that wanted him out. Then Lawwell will capitalise on that division in the fanbase to hire in more * to keep himself in a job.

It's all very predictable.

Forget about Lennon at this point. He's just a puppet for Lawwell, shamelessly using his own status as a former player to fool the fan base. All anger and effort should be aimed at removing Lawwell and replacing him with a modern leadership team that have the drive to take the club forward.