1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    That's the worry I have we just get rid of the players that want to leave and that solves the problem for Lennon and he stays

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

James Forrest is also more exciting and productive than Lustig, El Hamed, Frimpong, Roberts, Shved, and Danny McGrain combined.

Canny wait until the wee barras is back.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Glad we cleared all that up.

4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That's fair enough, and I haven't gone down that route personally, but that wee joke could end up with Frimpong getting abused on social media, assuming he isn't already, if people keep pushing it as fact and others read it and believe it.

SwissCelt likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

He owes us nothing he came in for pennies and left for millions he is going to at the very least double his wage I would imagine and also play in a better league with better players and coaches whether he goes on to be a superstar is immaterial. I don't get how you can begrudge him given the state we are in I could understand if he was going to the Championship in England

6. Lewis Kerr

This. Embarrassing.

martin_d likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Yup. Especially with the utter disdain shown for the fans today during that press conference today

martin_d likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’s a rumour. Posted on a site that apparently Frimpong himself follows and uses regularly. Again no idea if that’s true.

Scary how quickly these things become facts though.

It’s not even that bad of a quote. Lennon has received much worse based on no quotes at all. Ruined his career. Hasn’t progressed at all yadda yadda.

Lennon has to go but honestly I’m waiting on someone blaming him for the Spanish flu

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don’t begrudge him at all. He is doing what every other player has done in the past.

Works out for some (VVD, KT, Armstrong) and not for others (Paddy R, Hooper)

This unshakable belief that he left because Lennon ruined him with * coaching though...

If you all can’t see the point I’m trying to make then that’s on you.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To be fair when he says you will see what I mean ... he meaning the lack of coaching an professionalism with the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He turned down a new contract

12. wulliebad

Maybe his demands were lenny be replaced.:55:

Twisty, theweeman and Dan Breen like this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think that Lennon's coaching is a definite factor he hasn't improved any player since he returned almost to a man they have regressed with the exception of Ajer maybe. I by no means think he's a world beater but I think there is definite potential there that a better manager would be able to tap in to more effectively

martin_d and packybhoy like this.
  14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think I've seen people saying lenny has ruined his career, but I may have missed it, what I have seen, and in fact posted myself, is that he has clearly regressed. And he isn't the only one. Had it just been him you could write it off to a dip in form, or inexperience, or being a flash in the pan. But when it's the entire team regressing, over a sustained period of time, that's a pattern pointing straight at the coaching staff. That's not rumours, that's observation and opinion.

I get it that you don't like the personal abuse Lenny is receiving, and that's fair enough, but thats a different issue in my opinion from rumours.

And as for the rumour of Lenny spreading Spanish flu, that's clearly nonsense. He wasn't even born then. Now had you said he owns the 5G masts that are spreading covid...

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    a year ago this was a guy loving life with us and putting on great displays down the wing, he wa sloving life with us.
    This season however he has been a shadow of his self from last season, that must be all down to lennon's coaching and tactics and as we've all seen its dragging him backwards. i wouldnt want to stay in that environment either.

Lennon created this disaster when he threw the players under the bus at Ferencvaros result and this is the result.
    Get lennon to *.

16. Bunk Moreland

To be honest I'm not even bothered that he's going. £10m for him plus the sell on fee is a steal, he's great when he actually takes on players, final ball is meh and his defending is *. Really it's no big loss.

The_Bhoy and callumrae1967 like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON admits he feels let down by Jeremie Frimpong’s decision to quit Celtic, and that the player’s recent downturn in form was due to his desire to leave the club.

Frimpong travelled to seal a move to German giants Bayer Leverkusen yesterday for a fee which could rise to £11.5m, an offer that Lennon feels was too good for Celtic to refuse, particularly with the right-back having expressed his desire to move on some weeks ago.

But having given Frimpong a platform after the club signed him from Manchester City, Lennon is disappointed that Celtic won't see the best of the 20-year-old.

“I feel a bit let down because we felt we could progress him further,” Lennon said. “We offered him a new deal which would have kept him here for another two or three years, but it was down to the player’s personal ambition.

“Whether that’s the right way for him remains to be seen. For us, though, from a business point of view and maybe from a footballing point of view as well...when a player’s mind is set like that it’s very difficult to bring him back round.

“It didn’t come as a surprise at all, this has been in the offing for the past couple of months. We offered the player talks for a new deal a few months back, but he declined and made it clear that he wanted to leave, despite our best efforts to keep him.

“We’ve received a very robust offer for him and, after talking about it at length, we think it’s the best thing for the club going forward. The fact is that he’d also come off it a little bit in his last few games, as though he’d been distracted by all the speculation surrounding the move.

“It’s difficult when it’s a player you’ve helped to develop. You’re sorry to see him go but, eventually, he didn’t want to stay and progress here. There was a determination about him to go so we took our decision.”

18. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Leverkusen drafted a 'detailed career development programme' for him. Wonder if Neil had drawn up something similar....

19. Roskopicachu

To leave quoting Susan Boyle is one of the more uncool departures we've seen.
    £11.5million is serious cash for a very good player, who'll get better protection in the Bundesliga.
    Also, he's brilliant playing in the middle of the park.
    But Neil Lennon is his own idiot with one way to play.
    In the end it's worked out really well for both parties.

Other than us losing the title. Kid can't pass the ball or hit the target.

The hardships of being a footballer. 2 hours work a day, 20k a week and somehow we have to wait for
    The Scottish Sun exclusive about broken promises like a fly on the wall expose.
    If he does that he's not welcome back.

I mean you can bullshit your way through acting cool, but then you go and quote Susan Boyle.
    That's the point where i'm thinking, nah this guy's an idiot.

1 goal and 2 assists in 22 games is fairly pish. Out of how many chances? That's the part that says * you Neil Lennon, when someone's in a better
    position to score and it gets blazed over the bar, it's generally egos in the group that cost us this year's Champions' League and title.

I won't be losing any sleep about Frimpong going to play football for big pharma in Germany.
    In the same way i'm not gonna believe whatever * reason he and his agent can dream up about leaving.
    If his final act of betrayal is to sell us out to The Scottish Sun he's a special kind of idiot.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sounds like Lennon refusing to take responsibility again.